2021 Mock Draft Simulators

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Here ya go...enjoy some LeBron James highlights..

Not one play with him blocking.  I don’t think MB goes for a TE that can’t block (or hasn’t shown that he can block).  

Are there other highlights showing him block...or is he “just” a big WR?

:shrug: 

4 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Not one play with him blocking.  I don’t think MB goes for a TE that can’t block (or hasn’t shown that he can block).  

There is highlights. I typed kyle pitts vs alabama to see him against the best competition, and was expecting just passing but showed him blocking effectively too.

8 minutes ago, Cricket said:

He's not being dtafted because hes a great blocker..

They drafted Sample for that role..

Pitts has special physicalities that most dont..if any..

Im not telling you anything you dont know..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Pitts is right there as well...

49 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

A great tight end is more difficult to find than a great wide receiver.

If no Sewell, Pitt.

My only concern about drafting a TE so high is their propensity to get hurt.  Most TEs play in the middle of the field and they take SHOTS on most of their catches.  With defenders not being able to hit high, their legs are taking a beating now too.  Think about Gronk, as great as he is, he got beat up and that’s one of the reasons he retired early (of course he ended up coming back this year).  I’d love to have Pitts, I just don’t want a guy at a position that has a higher than average chance to miss time each season.

3 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

My only concern about drafting a TE so high is their propensity to get hurt.  Most TEs play in the middle of the field and they take SHOTS on most of their catches.  With defenders not being able to hit high, their legs are taking a beating now too.  Think about Gronk, as great as he is, he got beat up and that’s one of the reasons he retired early (of course he ended up coming back this year).  I’d love to have Pitts, I just don’t want a guy at a position that has a higher than average chance to miss time each season.

Good post and I agree with it..

Pitts is not your normal TE...

Hes a huge wide receiver ...

Hes not Gronk ...Hes a different animal..

Pitts is a huge WR that can occasionally be an in-line blocker and do well there. 
As was said though, GM’s aren’t drafting him to be a blocker...he’s getting drafted as a weapon, no doubt about it. They’ll line him up all over the LOS. 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, High School Harry said:

Jets are going quarterback.  They are praising Sam D to the heavens and saying everything but he will be there and start.  Pumping him up for some sucker.  He gone.

(btw... not being contradictory and argumentative.  I like your input and your viewpoints.)

The Jets have HUGE cap space and the #2 pick.  I have to think they are talking to Houston and or Seattle right now.  Houston seems more likely.  Houston would get the overall #2,  Darnold  and pick 34 at least.  The Jets get Watson. 

That would be the smartest thing the Jets have done..., ever.  

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Jets have HUGE cap space and the #2 pick.  I have to think they are talking to Houston and or Seattle right now.  Houston seems more likely.  Houston would get the overall #2,  Darnold  and pick 34 at least.  The Jets get Watson. 

That would be the smartest thing the Jets have done..., ever.  

Thats a decent haul for Watson..

Miami owner may want to talk with the Texans about 3rd pick Tua and a second rounder as well.

So if your Houston do you take Darnold or Tua to start the season?

22 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats a decent haul for Watson..

Miami owner may want to talk with the Texans about 3rd pick Tua and a second rounder as well.

So if your Houston do you take Darnold or Tua to start the season?

Considering Watson pretty much has said he will not play I have to agree, pretty good trade.   The Jets have had zero luck drafting and developing QBs.  It’s the smart move, just gotta convince Houston.  

I won’t lie, Tua does not look like an NFL QB to me and I was a fan.  Not saying Darnold is all that but Tua doesn’t seem to have the arm strength. 

56 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Pitts is a huge WR that can occasionally be an in-line blocker and do well there. 
As was said though, GM’s aren’t drafting him to be a blocker...he’s getting drafted as a weapon, no doubt about it. They’ll line him up all over the LOS. 

A TE who can't block is half a player IMO.  Eifert was a decent pick because we didn't have WRs of the quality we would have with Tee, Tyler and Chase. Sample isn't a great receiver but he isn't bad. He catches it when you throw it to him but he can block on any play and help ball carriers WR or RB. He is also improving all around and IMO will get better. Chase or Pitts? Give me Chase all day long.   

3 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

A TE who can't block is half a player IMO.  Eifert was a decent pick because we didn't have WRs of the quality we would have with Tee, Tyler and Chase. Sample isn't a great receiver but he isn't bad. He catches it when you throw it to him but he can block on any play and help ball carriers WR or RB. He is also improving all around and IMO will get better. Chase or Pitts? Give me Chase all day long.   

To me its a tossup between these two..

Comes down to personal preference..

13 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

A TE who can't block is half a player IMO.

Who said he couldn't block?

And you're getting too hung up on the "TE" position. Just think of him as a floating piece that's going to be a mismatch no matter where he's lined up at. 

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

To me its a tossup between these two..

Comes down to personal preference..

I don't expect a TE to block a DE on his own but a TE needs to be able to pick up a blitzing LB or DB effectively. Sample can do that and I see no evidence that Pitts can. We also need to improve our downfield passing game. With an improved OL giving Joe more time for a play to develop he needs multiple downfield targets more than he needs a 12 yard pass to a TE. I respect your opinion. Any team would love to have Pitts but not at the cost of a OL or downfield threat like Chase.  

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Who said he couldn't block?

And you're getting too hung up on the "TE" position. Just think of him as a floating piece that's going to be a mismatch no matter where he's lined up at. 

I get it. He is a great player. I just think OL and a downfield threat is more important. Chase is a great player too and he already has a connection with Joe. I think this is a good thing to discuss.   

27 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

I don't expect a TE to block a DE on his own but a TE needs to be able to pick up a blitzing LB or DB effectively. Sample can do that and I see no evidence that Pitts can. We also need to improve our downfield passing game. With an improved OL giving Joe more time for a play to develop he needs multiple downfield targets more than he needs a 12 yard pass to a TE. I respect your opinion. Any team would love to have Pitts but not at the cost of a OL or downfield threat like Chase.  

In our case Im taking Sewell everytime.

Wideouts are getting bigger each year..

You want to classify him as a TE fine..

I look at him as a receiver...

I understand your case about Chase..

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

In our case Im taking Sewell everytime.

Wideouts are getting bigger each year..

You want to classify him as a TE fine..

I look at him as a receiver...

I understand your case about Chase..

I appreciate your opinion and there is certainly merit there. I have said many times that I enjoy it when people disagree with me. I never learned anything from a "yea, me too" response though I also appreciate the validation when they do. 

Bruce Feldman's detailed mock draft (his first at The Athletic) based on months of talks w/ club officials/insiders, etc. has this for Cincy:

https://theathletic.com/2432260/2021...t-round-picks/

(his first four picks are Lawrence/Wilson/Chase/Fields):

5. Cincinnati Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Burrow, Cincy’s No. 1 overall pick last year, desperately needs help up front. Sewell was the best offensive lineman in college football as a 19-year-old sophomore in 2019, helping the Ducks win the Rose Bowl. He opted out for 2020. Oregon coach Mario Cristobal, a former O-lineman himself, credited Sewell for changing his program.

“Sometimes guys are blessed with a skill set, and they kind of turn it on and off,” he told me. “This was a guy that, when the lights come on and it’s time to play ball and it’s time to work the physicality of football — the two-on-two, the five-on-four, the nine-on-nine blocking drills, the one-on-one pass pro drills — this guy is turned up and he is bringing it, and he is challenging his offensive linemen.

“He is challenging the guys he’s going against. It’s exactly how you would draw up your offensive left tackle, that’s how you would draw him up. He brought a competitive nature and a relentless attitude to it that is infectious and something that needs to be carried on.”

The Coaching Intel

“He’s massive and he moves well. It’s scary how well he can move at that size and how young he was. The stuff he is able to do in space is the stuff that makes you say wow. He’s excellent getting out and getting on smaller guys on screens. He’s a great finisher and has a lot of nastiness to him. I think he will be an elite NFL player for a long time.”

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Going to be a very good guard or center..

There's very few people that believe he's going to be anything other than a OT as a pro. He would obviously make a fantastic guard but most think he's going to stick on the outside. His foot quickness is second to none which alleviates any concerns about size. Although 6'4 305 isn't bad at all, IMO.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

There's very few people that believe he's going to be anything other than a OT as a pro. He would obviously make a fantastic guard but most think he's going to stick on the outside. His foot quickness is second to none which alleviates any concerns about size. Although 6'4 305 isn't bad at all, IMO.

Did ANYONE give him the ketchup bottle test? Until then, he is just another prospect, nothing to see here. 

With the Dolphins getting their OT, the only team that may still have eyes on Sewell if they want to stay with Darnold imo is the Jets, as I don't see the Falcons needing a T.

Of course a team could trade up, but it's looking pretty good right now for us.

Archived