2021 Mock Draft Simulators

29 minutes ago, membengal said:

The receivers collectively could not get separation last year. At all. I don't give a flying fuck who's on line, they have to get open, even for Joe Burrow. Chase and Pitts can get open. You can get a fantastic G/T type at 38. 

Go ahead with name calling, that's what this board is about, I know after 14 years here. 

"I dont give a fuck whos on the line"

Says alot about your fixation with shiny toys....

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

It was meant to be a joke..

Dont take it so seriously...

Maybe you should get over Yourself..

Frankly, I’m not clear where you are coming from.  Someone else took a personal shot, I tried to make a joke of it, and you doubled down on the personal crap.  If that’s not what you meant, my bad.  Having a hard time reading you.  

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Frankly, I’m not clear where you are coming from.  Someone else took a personal shot, I tried to make a joke of it, and you doubled down on the personal crap.  If that’s not what you meant, my bad.  Having a hard time reading you.  

It wasnt what I meant..

Wasnt even meant about you.

Was joking that was taken wrong lol.

Its good...

6 hours ago, spicoli said:

I’m really really hoping they trade back and get some extra picks. Slater, Darrisaw and Vera-Tucker would all be perfect in a trade back scenario.

IDK that sounds way too sensible, let's move up so we can get a WR.

Still a little surprised I've not heard a peep about linebacker.  Maybe with all these DBs the plan is to run a dime constantly.  Or as someone else suggested, protect Burrow by letting the other time dominate time of possession running the ball.  Can't get hurt on the sideline after all.

JK I fully expect Anyrando's defense to continue to suck ass with a straw.  Then again I think most of this coaching group are inept & Taylor only here because he's pretty good at PR so don't mind me. 

Anyway what was the topic? Someone get some more Twitter memes in here quick!

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

IDK that sounds way too sensible, let's move up so we can get a WR.

Still a little surprised I've not heard a peep about linebacker.  Maybe with all these DBs the plan is to run a dime constantly.  Or as someone else suggested, protect Burrow by letting the other time dominate time of possession running the ball.  Can't get hurt on the sideline after all.

JK I fully expect Anyrando's defense to continue to suck ass with a straw.  Then again I think most of this coaching group are inept & Taylor only here because he's pretty good at PR so don't mind me. 

Anyway what was the topic? Someone get some more Twitter memes in here quick!

Personally, I feel like the game has changed so that LB has become much less vital with all of the 5 & 6 DB sets.  I mean yeah, I'd love to have a couple of All-Pro studs inside, but it's something I have no problem filling with mid-round guys for now and addressing the position next year (although I'd seriously have to think hard about spending a first round pick on a LB (especially in the 1st half of the round).

You can find run stuffers in the middle rounds and you definitely want to have good cover guys these days, but seems to me those guys are hard to find.  You're probably just as well off finding a large (good-tackling) strong safety to move up into the box on passing downs.

Not saying I couldn't love a couple of sideline-to-sideline 3-down studs, but they're down the priority list behind the two lines.

Rush LB is a different story, but I consider it more of a DL spot in the 3-4.

My most recent mock--- this one using PFF --- practicing leaving myself open to the possibility of Pitts. I did a trade down and got Carolina's 1st and 2nd and a first next year to move from 5 to 8.

The result:

Round 1 Pick 8 overall (after tradeback):  Kyle PItts, TE, Florida

Round 2 Pick 38 overall:  Alex Leatherwood, T/G, Alabama

Round 2 Pick 41 overall (acquired from Carolina):  Jaelen Phillips, Edge, UMiami

Round 3 PIck 69 overall:  Carlos Basham Jr., Edge, Wake Forest

Round 4 Pick 110 overall:  Quinn Meinerz, IOL, Wisc Whitewater

Round 5 PIck 149 overall:  Brady Christensen, T, BYU

Round 6 Pick 190 overall:  D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan;

Round 6 Pick 202 overall:  Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston

Round 7 Pick 235 overall:  Jacoby Stevens, S, LSU

4 hours ago, snarkster said:

Personally, I feel like the game has changed so that LB has become much less vital with all of the 5 & 6 DB sets.  I mean yeah, I'd love to have a couple of All-Pro studs inside, but it's something I have no problem filling with mid-round guys for now and addressing the position next year (although I'd seriously have to think hard about spending a first round pick on a LB (especially in the 1st half of the round).

You can find run stuffers in the middle rounds and you definitely want to have good cover guys these days, but seems to me those guys are hard to find.  You're probably just as well off finding a large (good-tackling) strong safety to move up into the box on passing downs.

Not saying I couldn't love a couple of sideline-to-sideline 3-down studs, but they're down the priority list behind the two lines.

Rush LB is a different story, but I consider it more of a DL spot in the 3-4.

Are we already writing off Wilson and Davis-Gaither? 

Here's a TDN mock where I stayed put, did no trading of any kind, and took Chase (Sewell went at 4). It yielded this:

Round 1 Pick 5 overall: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
Round 2 Pick 38 overall: Liam Eichenberg, T, Notre Dame
Round 3 Pick 69 overall: Milton Williams, IDL, La Tech
Round 4 Pick 111 overall: Deonte Brown, IOL, Alabama
Round 5 Pick 149 overall: Tarron Jackson, Edge, Coastal Carolina
Round 6 Pick 190 overall: Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida
Round 6 Pick 202 overall: Chris Rumph II, Edge, Duke
Round 7 Pick 235 overall: Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston

There's two fantastic o-line prospects who could each help in 2021 - even where no Sewell.

There's gonna be 2021 o-line help available in this draft even if Sewell is gone at 5 OR if they pass up Sewell at 5.

On 3/23/2021 at 7:58 PM, membengal said:

I am sorry, but Auden Tate opposite Higgins is unacceptable in terms of weapons. Tate can barely fucking move. I would like them to find ONE weapon who wins with separation and not just with being stronger at the catch point. 

It doesn't need to be the 5th pick though. 

On 3/23/2021 at 8:18 PM, membengal said:

You can't throw Tate open. He's a fucking anchor.

Than why is he on the team?

Why is Boyd on the team? Why is Higgins? If these guys are so terrible, mind you Burrow was on pace for 4300 yards with them, why are they on the team. Shouldn't we be trading them?

21 hours ago, membengal said:

From the draft and ready to be WR1 at the start of camp? Probably, yes. Otherwise you go into the year w/ Tate opposite Higgins and hope they have drafted Dyami Brown or maybe a few others who might fit the bill. Bateman likely long gone before 38. The Purdue Moore a pure slot guy - he literally has never caught the ball outside the numbers. The Ole Miss Moore...maybe? He's perhaps better in the slot. 

You want to upgrade at WR from day 1, that's Chase/Pitts/Smith. Otherwise, it is an open question.

You CAN upgrade at G/T at pick 38 from Day 1. 

You could simply sign DeMarcus Robinson or Damiere Byrd. Draft a 3rd rounder. You are using a hammer to push in a thumb tack. 

On 3/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, membengal said:

Pick 38 will have a ton of immediate help. Seriously. 

We were looking at OL with our second pick last year as well but Higgins fell to us - this is the 'problem' with waiting to pick up an OL, other BPA guys can fall to you. We know the Bengals have serious interest in this DL Milton Williams and they may think if he is there is round 2 he is a must have, so then OL need falls to round 3 and then a CB is BPA and so on. 

what the team should do is make every effort to trade back and pick up additional picks and then use them to either load up certain positions or keep moving around the draft board to target certain players at certain positions. 

So here's one I just did on TDN with a trade back with Carolina..

8. Rashawn Slater OT, Northwestern

38. Christian Barmore IDL, Alabama

39. Elijah Moore WR, Ole Miss

69. Pete Werner LB, Ohio State

111. Walker Little OT, Stanford

149. Adetokunbo Ogundeji EDGE, Notre Dame

151. Ambry Thomas CB, Michigan

8 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So here's one I just did on TDN with a trade back with Carolina..

8. Rashawn Slater OT, Northwestern

38. Christian Barmore IDL, Alabama

39. Elijah Moore WR, Ole Miss

69. Pete Werner LB, Ohio State

111. Walker Little OT, Stanford

149. Adetokunbo Ogundeji EDGE, Notre Dame

151. Ambry Thomas CB, Michigan

Im gonna play with your draft here..

If they trade back and land Slater at 8 

Id be okay with it..

Like another edge rusher at 38..

Did we sign Kerrigan?..dont think so..

So that should be a Priority there.

If Moore is the answer at wideout ok..If healthy Little will be gone before 111.

Last two should be special teamers.

Not knocking your draft though..

You filled the needs...

6 hours ago, spicoli said:

Are we already writing off Wilson and Davis-Gaither? 

Not at all.  Just saying with the needs this franchise has there is no reason to be jumping up and using our #1 pn Parsons.  I really like Jammin Davis (who might be there for our second pick), but again too many other needs.

Archived