2021 Mock Draft Simulators

2 hours ago, Sox said:

The Bengals will pick what they will pick. I happen to think they'll select Chase...and I actually agree with this. I've done hundreds of mocks using Fanside, PFF, and The Draft Network. What I've found is that this particular draft is VERY deep in OL, and not so  much in receivers. Of all the mocks I've done I'm almost always happier with my draft if I select Chase instead of Sewell. When I select Sewell in the 1st I almost always find myself reaching for a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd.

When I select Chase I CAN find a good OT in the 2nd round, and a good interior lineman in either the 3rd or 4rth round. When I select Sewell I find the receivers available from the 2nd on to be complimentary pieces. The potential #1's will all be snapped up in the 1st round. To sum it up, WR value is higher than OL value in the 1st round, and the reverse is true in the 2nd round imho. 

With the way they addressed FA if I'm king I select Chase in the 1st, then two OL with an edge player in the next four rounds with the 2nd round prioritizing OT. Again, jmho.

this is where I’m at.  I’d love to draft Sewell or Slater, but the depth at oline in this draft is MUCH better than the depth at WR.  I’ve always been a big proponent of drafting the BPA and I still subscribe to that thought today...however looking at how the board is likely to fall we may get better value going WR first.  

Speaking of that, while I think Chase is the best WR in this draft, I think Waddle is the better fit for our team.  Chase is a MONSTER at the catch point, but he’s always making contested catches b/c he’s covered..ala Boyd, Higgins and Tate.  We need someone that can separate and give Joe a few easy throws per game and I think that’s Waddle.

One of my hang ups with Sewell I guess is the fact that I've always viewed Oregon players as soft. That plus the fact that he hasn't played in over a year and didn't exactly face a gauntlet of pass rushers in the PAC12 when he did play, makes me a little squeamish when I think about using a top 5 pick on him. I personally think Slater is a much safer bet, even at 5. 

BTW, have we ever had a good Oregon Duck on this team? I can't think of any. Not that it matters, I'm just curious is all. 

7 minutes ago, membengal said:

I mean, I know there are Sewell or bust types but it is hard to find a lot of analysts saying that Sewell is a generational prospect at this point. 

It' a lot easier if you actually look for them.

Everyone loves PFF right?

He’s truly a generational prospect at the position and has graded unlike any offensive tackle we’ve seen in our six years of grading college football.

2021 NFL Draft: Oregon's Penei Sewell set to lead yet another strong offensive tackle class | NFL Draft | PFF

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

One of my hang ups with Sewell I guess is the fact that I've always viewed Oregon players as soft. That plus the fact that he hasn't played in over a year and didn't exactly face a gauntlet of pass rushers in the PAC12 when he did play, makes me a little squeamish when I think about using a top 5 pick on him. I personally think Slater is a much safer bet, even at 5. 

BTW, have we ever had a good Oregon Duck on this team? I can't think of any. Not that it matters, I'm just curious is all. 

Haloti Ngata was another Samoan that was a Duck...

6'4 345lbs ..

Sewell is 6'6 330lbs ..

I dont really think Samoans are soft..😎

16 hours ago, Sox said:

I think Tee is a fine receiver. I just don't believe he's a true number one. He seems to have problems separating at times whereas Chase does not. Put Chase and Tee on the outsides with Boyd in the slot and you have a monster and young receiving core.

LOL...Tee Higgins was third among NFL rookies in 2020 in receptions and receiving yards and fourth in TD receptions. He had 67 receptions, 908 yards and 6 TDs playing 6.5 games catching passes from Brandon Allen and Ryan Finley. I think the Bengals are in a position to see what this kid can do as a #1 WR.

This is how our franchise QB ended the season...

image.png.b1a2393f12c8b5928016e4bd430517b8.png

**Edited for High School Harry

The Bengals finished 27th in yards per carry.

The Bengals finished last in sacks in the NFL. 17 sacks in 16 games. They lost their best pass rusher and added a guy who may be good.

Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl with a top notch offensive line and attacked KC's weakened offensive line with a pass rush that made the renowned best QB in the league look like a joke. KC then signed Joe Thuney to protect Patrick Mahomes. 

I think Ja'Marr Chase is going to be a very good WR. I'm not saying he's bad. I'm not even saying he's a worse prospect than Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater. What I am saying is he's a luxury this team cannot afford. They need a Tackle, two Guards and serious pass rush help and you can't wait and hope a team notoriously bad at drafting pulls this out in later rounds. This is where they need to focus the early rounds. They need to significantly build both lines. They need to protect their QB, run the ball and get to the other team's QB.

They should have been more aggressive in free agency and used the sizeable cash they had available to strengthen the line and open the #5 pick to BPA, but they didn't.

Ja'Marr Chase will probably be the pick but, it's the wrong one no matter how good he turns out to be. Get a speed/separation guy if you can later in the draft. It's not the time now. Protect the franchise. Protect Joe Burrow. Get him a new toy next year.

36 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Haloti Ngata was another Samoan that was a Duck...

6'4 345lbs ..

Sewell is 6'6 330lbs ..

I dont really think Samoans are soft..😎

There’s a few sprinkled throughout, no doubt. Maybe Akili and Jake Fisher just put a bad taste in my mouth 🤢

32 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

FYI- in Dane Bruglers Top 100 Board, he has 24 OL and 15 WR

Of the OL , 3  centres, 12 OT and the rest guards ( some guards could be tackles and the other way obviously)

speaks to depth of OL 

If I were to subscribe to  Dave's picks Id say 15. receiverswill more than accommodate the Bengals in their earch for another receiver..

Sewell is the very best OT in this draft.

We may Want others but we Need his capabilities to keep JB safer and help with run blocking..

Seems everyone forgets we need a run game as well...

As I noted before, I have no issue with taking Chase and OL later BUT you cannot control the draft the later it gets so if there is a run on OL then when pick 2 comes up your BPA is another obvious player not being OL; and so on. I think last years they said they intended to pick OL earlier than round 5 but “it did not work out that way”. If we had picked up a good OG in FA we would be free to pick whomever. 

they could target several OL after round 1 and go get them but again I don’t trust the daft draft room to be that agile. 

Just read an article out of Boston that said the Patriots have been in trade talks with us the last few days to get 1 of the 5 QBs..

Their supposed offer is they trade

2 firsts ..2 seconds..2 thirds this yr and next....2 of their 4ths this year..

They draft 15..  

Quite an offer..

I say hummmm.....what say you to such a deal?

42 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Just read an article out of Boston that said the Patriots have been in trade talks with us the last few days to get 1 of the 5 QBs..

They draft 15..  

Quite an offer..

Take that deal and run

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Take that deal and run

Chances are one Pitts, a top receiver, Darrishaw, Slater, the USC tackle, Barman, Parsons, Farley or Surtain will still be there (that's nine and if you add in four QB's, Chase, Smith, Waddle and Sewell it's pretty much a certainty).  Any one of those can make your team better and all those picks can improve your teams talent ab\nd depth in many areas (this year and next)  Can't pass that up.

2 hours ago, snarkster said:

Chances are one Pitts, a top receiver, Darrishaw, Slater, the USC tackle, Barman, Parsons, Farley or Surtain will still be there (that's nine and if you add in four QB's, Chase, Smith, Waddle and Sewell it's pretty much a certainty).  Any one of those can make your team better and all those picks can improve your teams talent ab\nd depth in many areas (this year and next)  Can't pass that up.

hty thoughts on those players at 15:

Chase - steal

Smith - steal 

Waddle - steal

Sewell - steal

Pitts - steal

Darrisaw - good pick

Slater - good pick

Vera-Tucker - good pick

Barmore- reach

Parsons - reach

Farley - good pick

Surtain - good pick

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Tee was a rookie in the NFL, not a college junior in the SEC.  

Do me a favor and watch this then explain to me why you want to bench him for magic beans

Tee Higgins FULL Rookie Highlights |2020-21 - YouTube

One contested catch after another.  Against NFL defenses.  Lots of broken tackles, too. 

Please don't put words in my mouth. Where did I say he would be benched? He would be one of the two outside receivers with Boyd in the slot.

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Oh plenty, but I was thinking more like 3rd or maybe 5th round.  Of course with no combine and no scouts, fat chance we find any of them.

What LTs that compare to Sewell do you think will be available in the 2nd round?

You dodged my question but I'll answer yours. Sam Cosmi, Teven Jenkins, Dillon Radunz, Jalen Mayfield, Alex Leatherwood, Liam Eichenberg, Walker Little, Jackson Carmen. Some of these guys may actually go in the late 1st,and one or two may go near the end of the 2nd/early 3rd. There are a few others that will likely (imo) go in the 3rd. This excludes the guards I think will go in the 2nd to 3rd round. The Bengals could select either or in the 2nd, but the OT talent pool thins out sooner than the OG pool does imo. 

Are those tackles a step down from Sewell? On paper, yes but they certainly look pretty solid and would have a year to either learn behind Reiff, or play at RG, and I believe the drop off to who we could select in the 2nd would be much less than the drop off at receiver.

Now YOUR turn. Give me your list of receivers that you think are comparable to Chase that are likely 2nd rounders. None of them are named oh plenty.

9 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

LOL...Tee Higgins was third among NFL rookies in 2020 in receptions and receiving yards and fourth in TD receptions. He had 67 receptions, 908 yards and 6 TDs playing 6.5 games catching passes from Brandon Allen and Ryan Finley. I think the Bengals are in a position to see what this kid can do as a #1 WR.

This is how our franchise QB ended the season...

Joe Burrow suffers serious knee injury, ending Bengals QB's impressive  rookie season - The Washington Post

The Bengals finished 27th in yards per carry.

The Bengals finished last in sacks in the NFL. 17 sacks in 16 games. They lost their best pass rusher and added a guy who may be good.

Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl with a top notch offensive line and attacked KC's weakened offensive line with a pass rush that made the renowned best QB in the league look like a joke. KC then signed Joe Thuney to protect Patrick Mahomes. 

I think Ja'Marr Chase is going to be a very good WR. I'm not saying he's bad. I'm not even saying he's a worse prospect than Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater. What I am saying is he's a luxury this team cannot afford. They need a Tackle, two Guards and serious pass rush help and you can't wait and hope a team notoriously bad at drafting pulls this out in later rounds. This is where they need to focus the early rounds. They need to significantly build both lines. They need to protect their QB, run the ball and get to the other team's QB.

They should have been more aggressive in free agency and used the sizeable cash they had available to strengthen the line and open the #5 pick to BPA, but they didn't.

Ja'Marr Chase will probably be the pick but, it's the wrong one no matter how good he turns out to be. Get a speed/separation guy if you can later in the draft. It's not the time now. Protect the franchise. Protect Joe Burrow. Get him a new toy next year.

I'm trying to make the point that taking a WR in the 1st isn't an either/or case and you can still protect the QB by selecting OT in round 2/3 and OG round 2/4.  The talent level for the OL is still good there.

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They draft 15..  

Quite an offer..

Before I say jump, I'd want to know which picks the Bengals would receive in 2021. I only see one 2nd and one 3rd round pick in their draft order for 2021.

One last thing-don't forget that the Bengals are NOT deep at WR. We have three pretty good ones but it would be prudent to draft two more for both talent and depth. As is, if either Boyd or Higgins goes down, we're screwed. Think of how good Higgins would look if Chase was the other outside receiver instead of Tate.

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They draft 15..  

Quite an offer..

You would HAVE to take this, it would be insane not to. Why am I having flashbacks to Akili Smith?

Seriously, with all those picks you would probably have to package a few of them to move up just to bleed some of htem off. But boy could we fill some holes.

10 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Like the post but please delete that picture.

I threw up my morning coffee in my mouth a little bit when I

opened the thread and saw it first thing this morning and would

prefer not seeing it every time I open this page for updates throughout

the day.

Bad Karma, Hoo Doo and brings back memories I would just as soon forget.

Thanks.

hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They draft 15..  

Quite an offer..

Oh, hell yes.  Too good to be true. 

https://stripehype.com/2021/03/28/cincinnati-bengals-could-be-trading-back-with-new-england-patriots/ 

- Tidbit in the last paragraph -

The Patriots could reduce the lot by adding a player that they been adding to the trade block N’Keal Harry was the New England first-round pick at WR in 2019. Harry has not reached his true potential. Harry would be a WR on a rookie deal that Cincinnati can use.

Archived