2021 Mock Draft Simulators

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I noticed this, too. He seemed to be, "Whatever, I'm good either way". I think far too many people are putting far too much stock into their "relationship". I do however believe the Bengals are going to draft Chase. Those jerseys in the Pro Shop aren't going to sell themselves.

If I had to guess I would say that have Chase ranked higher than Sewell so they pick him if both are there

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I like Sewell but seems you over did it with 3 olinemen up first..

Do like Dickerson though..

Maybe tweak it by adding a receiver at 

38 or 39..

Palmer seems to be to high there imo..i actually like Simi Fehoko nuch better than Palmer..

Good job though..

Thanks,  I believe this team needs to over do it on the oline, especially when you consider how they didn't address it via FA.

Also the Bengals front office has mentioned how much they like the offensive line depth in the draft. I say good teams have quality depth at the offensive and defensive lines.

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Also the Bengals front office has mentioned how much they like the offensive line depth. 

Interesting, interesting.

Have I mentioned how much I like my collection of gold-plated Ferraris?

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If I had to guess I would say that have Chase ranked higher than Sewell so they pick him if both are there

If I had to guess there is no ranking, they're just dead set on a WR because that gets all the casuals hyped for another season of 4-12 football and their 5 year plan to reach 8-8.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If I had to guess there is no ranking, they're just dead set on a WR because that gets all the casuals hyped for another season of 4-12 football and their 5 year plan to reach 8-8.

With any luck Atlanta takes him at 4

Chase isn’t a bad pick.  There will likely be linemen in the 2nd AND 3rd rounds that could start for us day 1; whereas if Marshall doesn’t fall to the 2nd there may not be a WR there.  There’s a reason we went after Golladay, we need another WR.  Yes, we need an offensive line more, but the dropoff b/w Sewell and a tackle in the 2nd round isn’t as great as the dropoff b/w Chase and a WR in the 2nd round.  

With that being said, draft Sewell and don’t look back. 

15 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Chase isn’t a bad pick.  There will likely be linemen in the 2nd AND 3rd rounds that could start for us day 1; whereas if Marshall doesn’t fall to the 2nd there may not be a WR there.  There’s a reason we went after Golladay, we need another WR.  Yes, we need an offensive line more, but the dropoff b/w Sewell and a tackle in the 2nd round isn’t as great as the dropoff b/w Chase and a WR in the 2nd round.  

With that being said, draft Sewell and don’t look back. 

It is a deep OL for sure but every team also knows this and every team needs OL starters or depth. And there are always WR's in the first 3 rounds that are immediate starters or at least good contributors. I don't think anyone has an issue with Chase BUT that HAS to be followed up with significant picks on the OL and as I said before if an edge rusher is BPA at 2 they will take him and then if some other position is BPA at 3 they may take that guy - leaving the OL empty again. We actually did this last year. BPA is great when you are building a teams depth. But the OL and DL for that matter are screaming for starters and depth and I would prefer a trade down and then possibly a trade up or two to target specific players  - this is still BPA, it is just a targeted approach. 

We will all have to wait, and a lot can happen between now and the draft. Maybe Mikey sees Sewell as his next Munoz. We can only guess what the Bengals think. 

On 3/31/2021 at 9:55 AM, membengal said:

Same. Except for Slater. I don't want him at 5. That would piss me off. 

I want Sewell or Chase, and would be happy with either, but I prefer Sewell, because I think he's the better player and at a higher need position for us. Sorry if in making the case for him and not agreeing with you, that somehow pisses you off to the extent you would add me to your ever growing ignore list, but that's just how it is. 

22 hours ago, Numbers said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1659834-power-ranking-the-importance-of-each-position-in-todays-nfl.amp.html

Pay attention to #4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/ranking-each-position-s-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner-0ap3000000503855

Pay attention to #3

https://www.blitzalytics.com/post/most-valuable-positions-in-the-nfl

Pay attention to #4

I suppose this line of posting verification of an Offensive Tackle's importance could theoretically go on forever.  Suffice it to say that most if not all #1's on the list are QB's.  Look at what positions are somewhere around 2-3.  The positions that get to the QB.  We have a QB that is in the blue chip category that most likely will hold ZERO value if he doesn't get better stable protection.  Yes, I'm aware that there's a growth process for an OT.  No defensive players are ranked high enough to warrant a number 5 pick.

While you're looking at these lists, take a look at where those Wide Receivers or Tight Ends are located.  Ask yourself why or just read some of the above link material.

In short, I'll be pissed if they take anything other than the highest rated Left Tackle in the draft which is graded out by the majority of reliable sources as a blue chip prospect.  The only thing that might cause me pause would be one of two scenarios.

1. Sewell is gone before 5.

2. We trade back to pick up a slew of number 1s and number 2s.

If all the prospects being discussed were graded equal, would you still not see that LT is a bigger need than any other position ?

Lastly, I don't know if any Oregon product will ever be able to soothe the butthurt many Bengal's fans still feel after suffering Akili Smith.  I don't know anymore than anyone else who gets paid to scout these players.  However, what I do know is that it's mighty hard to successfully complete a pass to that shiny new Wide Receiver or Tight End if you are on your back.  

EwZgxHYVgAE21Tw.jpg

1188764887.jpg

115867473f00d169217125c38054d17f.gif

To that I would add Drew Broylhart's take on that very subject.

My three skill positions on offense are QB, LT, OC, in that order. I wouldn’t hesitate to take potentially great players at those three positions in the top ten of any draft. Others, value the WR and RB positions along with the QB position but for me, if you don’t have excellent players at the QB, LT, OC position you will not have a good offense or be able to build an offense. I also value players who can play multiple positions in multiple styles of systems.

QB is the #1 position of need if you don't have one. If we had selected based upon that need in 2011, we'd have wound up with one of the Jake Locker/Blaine Gabbert/Christian Ponder trio.

We wound up with A.J. Green and Andy Dalton instead.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-isnt-pushing-for-former-lsu-teammate-jamarr-chase/

Talking on the March 31 episode of Draft Insiders, Wingo stated: “You’ve heard a lot this week about Joe Burrow potentially lobbying for Ja’Marr Chase. I can tell you that I got a text today from a member of the Bengals coaching staff that said, ‘I’ve seen that out there. Not sure where that came from. That’s not Joe, that’s not how he is at all. He gives us great intel on LSU guys but is respectful of his role as a player and ours as coaches and scouts.'”

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

100% this..

I have no issue with this and without question, BPA is an excellent way to go. Teams that can do this will typically draft successfully more often than not. But, if you have guys ranked 1A and 1B (or remotely close), you then need to look at positional need. I think both Ja'Marr Chase and Penei Sewell are both exceptional prospects with a chance to become perennial Pro Bowlers and high level starters throughout their career.

My issue with Chase is a simple one, the need for Offensive Line help far exceeds the need for another WR. Far. I don't care if that help will/can/may be available in later rounds. Don't chance it, pounce on it. There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip. Let's not hope and then spill on ourselves.

For far too long the Bengals have had a style over substance approach. They need to get away from that. As exciting as a superb, flashy player is it can't come at the expense of the substance. To me, the basic needs of the team in order are:

OT

OG (x 2)

DE

DT

WR

CB

S

These are just my thoughts but, I can't imagine many people would argue this, at least the first four or five areas.

I wish like hell that the Bengals would have signed Kevin Zeitler, Matt Feiler and Riley Reiff to long term deals. I'd be in fill your boots with weapons mode. But it didn't happen so my chips are all in on Sewell. If they take Chase, which I suspect they will, I won't "freak out" but, I will think it's a mistake. The lines need the help early and often, sadly.

Either way, it looks like a talented player will be added to the mix. 

14 minutes ago, Sox said:

QB is the #1 position of need if you don't have one. If we had selected based upon that need in 2011, we'd have wound up with one of the Jake Locker/Blaine Gabbert/Christian Ponder trio.

If we selected based upon that need in 2017, we'd have wound up with one of the Deshaun Watson/Patrick Mahomes duo.

We wound up with John Ross instead.

18 minutes ago, Sox said:

True, because all of those three had deep, deep concerns. That part is important too, right?

23 hours ago, Numbers said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1659834-power-ranking-the-importance-of-each-position-in-todays-nfl.amp.html

Pay attention to #4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/ranking-each-position-s-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner-0ap3000000503855

Pay attention to #3

https://www.blitzalytics.com/post/most-valuable-positions-in-the-nfl

Pay attention to #4

I suppose this line of posting verification of an Offensive Tackle's importance could theoretically go on forever.  Suffice it to say that most if not all #1's on the list are QB's.  Look at what positions are somewhere around 2-3.  The positions that get to the QB.  We have a QB that is in the blue chip category that most likely will hold ZERO value if he doesn't get better stable protection.  Yes, I'm aware that there's a growth process for an OT.  No defensive players are ranked high enough to warrant a number 5 pick.

While you're looking at these lists, take a look at where those Wide Receivers or Tight Ends are located.  Ask yourself why or just read some of the above link material.

In short, I'll be pissed if they take anything other than the highest rated Left Tackle in the draft which is graded out by the majority of reliable sources as a blue chip prospect.  The only thing that might cause me pause would be one of two scenarios.

1. Sewell is gone before 5.

2. We trade back to pick up a slew of number 1s and number 2s.

If all the prospects being discussed were graded equal, would you still not see that LT is a bigger need than any other position ?

Lastly, I don't know if any Oregon product will ever be able to soothe the butthurt many Bengal's fans still feel after suffering Akili Smith.  I don't know anymore than anyone else who gets paid to scout these players.  However, what I do know is that it's mighty hard to successfully complete a pass to that shiny new Wide Receiver or Tight End if you are on your back.  

EwZgxHYVgAE21Tw.jpg

1188764887.jpg

115867473f00d169217125c38054d17f.gif

To that I would add Drew Broylhart's take on that very subject.

My three skill positions on offense are QB, LT, OC, in that order. I wouldn’t hesitate to take potentially great players at those three positions in the top ten of any draft. Others, value the WR and RB positions along with the QB position but for me, if you don’t have excellent players at the QB, LT, OC position you will not have a good offense or be able to build an offense. I also value players who can play multiple positions in multiple styles of systems. 

Then there's this, as well....

Penei Sewell LT Oregon

by Drew Boylhart • December 16, 2020

STRENGTHS
Penei has the athletic talent to play any position on the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. He has the athletic talent to play in the backfield as a running back or as an H- Back and I have no doubt as a Tight End. He is 6’ 6” with quick feet and gets out of his stance when blocking for the running game, with the explosiveness and power of a Rocky Mountain Big Horn Ram. He can change direction as well as any player on the field and has the lateral agility and explosiveness to mirror his opponent when pass blocking. Penei loves to go out to the second level to make blocks and is one of the best I have seen when going out to block for sweeps and screens since the hall of fame left tackle, Anthony Munoz. He shows leadership qualities through his play on the field and his energy is infectious and demands the players around him step up their game. I call him Penei (Penny) Sewell because he will be worth every penny of every contract he signs for his entire career.

CONCERNS
Penei can play too aggressive at times and will lose balance and create penalties…Oh crap. I got nothing.

BOTTOM LINE 1.27
In the 1980 Draft, the Lions selected RB Billy Sims, the Jets selected WR Lam Jones and the Bengals selected Anthony Munoz who was enshrined into the Football Hall of Fame in 1998. Billy Sims had a heck of a career until a knee injury ended it. Knee injuries were devastating injuries, and a big issue back then, bigger than they are now and Anthony had a knee injury that failed him on many teams’ draft boards at the time. I guess my point is that Penei’s play on the field is reminiscent of Anthony’s and I can’t believe the team that has the very first pick in this draft, would pass on selecting a player who has similar if not exactly the same talents, as Anthony with the same nasty play and leadership qualities who has no injuries…at least I wouldn’t. Penei reminds me of Anthony Munoz playing Left Tackle but if he played on the other side of the ball I’m convinced he would remind me of Reggie White. I don’t care what team has the first pick in this draft or even if that team has a pro bowl left tackle, I still do not pass up selecting this kid but that’s just me. All I can say is…if you pass on selecting this kid you’re a fool and will burn in the fires of failure for sure. There is no one in this draft that has the “potential” to be enshrined in the hall of fame (barring injury) then this kid. No quarterback, running back, receiver, pass rusher, cornerback, or any other player at any other position than Penei. Like I say, you draft with the information you have in front of you at the time of the draft and that’s my information. He is worthy of being selected as the first player in this draft. Remember to draft the obvious when the obvious is in front of you. Don’t look for excuses, nit-pick or overthink the process.

Archived