2021 Mock Draft Simulators

19 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Good stuff there...

We all knew Turner was from the shitpile..

Remarkable the difference ...

Looking forward to Pollack helping these guys upgrade their play.

He will...

What amazed me about the whole Turner mess is how it came after all that big talk about character and building a culture.  Then they extended the "phenomenal" Bobby Hart & stood idly by while he dropped antisemitic & homophobic bombs all over social media.

It was at this point that I determined ZT was a grade A bullshit artist & that plus a willingness to work cheap is why he was hired.  He's adept at shirking blame and making excuses.  THAT is the Bengals culture.

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think they are talking about Slater. Obviously he won't be the best guard in the NFL on day one. Quinton Nelson would like a word with him about that claim. Joe Thuney too. 

I can't speak for Spicoli, but I was talking about the top guard in this draft, day one. If I were to take a guess I would bet he is too.

6 hours ago, Griever said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/penei-sewell-goes-through-four-stage-work-out

Watch: Penei Sewell Goes Through Four Stage Work Out

This is a fun watch!
ALLBENGALS STAFF
1 HOUR AGO

CINCINNATI — Will the Bengals take Oregon offensive lineman Penei Sewell with the fifth overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft?

The 20-year-old went through an extensive four stage workout, which was part of Eastbay's "CLOCKING:IN" web series. 

Thanks for sharing that with the group...really enjoyed it! I will be on pins and needles for the next month hoping Bengals management is smart enough to realize they are getting a second chance at redrafting Anthony Munoz' clone. Please, please don't fuck this up, Mike Brown. This is a generational, freak type athlete and likely one you'll never see again at the left tackle position. You can find a shiny toy wide receiver any year and every year...it happens, it has happened and it will happen. Players with Sewell's potential do not...they're extremely rare.

59 minutes ago, bengaled said:

I can't speak for Spicoli, but I was talking about the top guard in this draft, day one. If I were to take a guess I would bet he is too.

Yes. Not just this draft, I think he’s one of the best G prospects ever. 

1 minute ago, Griever said:

Uh oh...isn't 34 the arm benchmark lol

Sure is. And I don’t know if it ever makes a difference or not but at the very least you have to consider that a ding on Sewell.
No dings whatsoever on Chase, FWIW. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Yes. Not just this draft, I think he’s one of the best G prospects ever. 

Really?...hell no!

Your infatuation with him puzzles me..

I said he could be a good one..

Youve got him out to be another Larry Allen..

Which wont happen..

Wyatt Davis Vera Tucker and Tre Smith are as worthy of a guard pick as Slater..

Here's my concern w/ the short arms thing - he's not a technician. At all. Not at this point in his development. He is all projection there. Joe Thomas overcame short arms from being a technician from the jump. Williams is a technician. That's...not Sewell. It is Slater. 

I am now firmly:

Chase
Tradedown
Pitts

as my only preferred options at 5. 

32 minutes ago, spicoli said:

No dings whatsoever on Chase, FWIW. 

:grin-min:

Dings like not taking a snap in over a year, being only slightly over 6' tall or showing an unwillingness to block downfield?

No, don't be silly. He is perfect in every way.  :ninja:

7 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yeah so we shouldnt touch him right?

Get over it..

Option 2 for me now is "tradedown". If you are going to take Sewell, get another day 2 pick and take him or Slater. But I for sure don't have him clearly ahead of Slater now. In fact, Slater a safer pick given his being a better technician in terms of his shorter arm issues. 

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

Option 2 for me now is "tradedown". If you are going to take Sewell, get another day 2 pick and take him or Slater. But I for sure don't have him clearly ahead of Slater now. In fact, Slater a safer pick given his being a better technician in terms of his shorter arm issues. 

Trading down and still getting one of those 2 would be fantastic, but that also sounds like a lot more work and less instant hype injection than taking Chase and calling it a day

Besides, there are plenty of OL in the rest of the draft & we all know Chase is the only WR to declare this year.

15 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Really?...hell no!

Your infatuation with him puzzles me..

I said he could be a good one..

Youve got him out to be another Larry Allen..

Which wont happen..

Wyatt Davis Vera Tucker and Tre Smith are as worthy of a guard pick as Slater..

If someone take Slater and puts him at G he’ll be year one all-pro. I 100% believe that. His footwork and technical savvy put him on a different level. 
That said, the chances of him landing in Cincinnati are slim to none, so this is nothing but talk. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

If someone take Slater and puts him at G he’ll be year one all-pro. I 100% believe that. His footwork and technical savvy put him on a different level. 
That said, the chances of him landing in Cincinnati are slim to none, so this is nothing but talk. 

Ok

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

:grin-min:

Dings like not taking a snap in over a year, being only slightly over 6' tall or showing an unwillingness to block downfield?

No, don't be silly. He is perfect in every way.  :ninja:

Sorry pal, they’re almost assuredly taking Chase. We don’t get a say so blame MB, not the fans.

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Sorry pal, they’re almost assuredly taking Chase. We don’t get a say so blame MB, not the fans.

Sorry pal, but you said there were "no dings whatsoever" on Chase, so IDK what this bullshit is other than a lame attempt to change the subject.  

We all know drafting a WR with one of the worst OL's in NFL history is what they do.

Archived