2021 Mock Draft Simulators

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hes the son of one of the legendary figures in the NFL..

Paul sent him to Ivy league to play football but to get the best education in Business..

He did..

Paul was centered on the oline .

Run the damn ball ...

Mike listened but took a different approach .

He valued skilled players more..

Hes what? 80 something now?

He gave the reins to Katy on believing her  perspective would  building a playoff team .

Seems he along with Katy like the new ideas on promotion and a say in their future success in granddaughter..

Im all in right now on their vision with them..

As much as I would like to be optimistic, Taylor has been here 2 years and see no clear vision - there is talk of culture change, etc. but not much in the way of action on it. If they added to their scouting staff we could perhaps start to see what they were doing. What we do not know is - is this Pumpkin's overall direction now or she still handcuffed by MB?

I wouldn't be surprised if Chase were available at 9. There are 4 high end receiving prospects in this draft and I doubt all 4 go in the top 8 picks. It's not hard to believe a team could have Pits or Smith or Waddle rated higher than Chase. Teams seem to have the QBs in all sorts of different orders, the same is true for the WRs.

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

How about Chase at 5

and Leatherwood at 38?

However, doubt if Leatherwood would be there at 38.

If not Leatherwood, then Cosmi, or Eichenberg, or Mayfield, or Radunz, or Dickerson, or Wyatt, or Humphrey.

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Havent heard 1 comment about Riley Reiff..33.25 arms..

Brian Bulaga Lael Collins Duane Brown and more..

Would I have liked Sewell to measure 34?..yes

Doesn't deter me ..hes special. 

You realize that you’re pretty much the only guy on here that consistently bitches about arm length, right?

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Havent heard 1 comment about Riley Reiff..33.25 arms..

Brian Bulaga Lael Collins Duane Brown and more..

Would I have liked Sewell to measure 34?..yes

Doesn't deter me ..hes special. 

Reiff wasn’t taken top 5. Those other dudes were not either. Their going later reflects that there is some projection and some risk. 

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I do like the dude ..

I watched his Stanford pro day and he looked great. No lingering effect from his knee injury at all, you’d actually never even know he was injured by watching him. 

8 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I watched his Stanford and he looked great. No lingering effect from his knee injury at all, you’d actually never even know he was injured by watching him. 

Im on board with you ..

Oh wait!!

His arms are 33.75..

Cross him off ..no?

1 hour ago, Sox said:

I'll just leave this here...

Burrowleatherwood.jpg

LOL...OMG. So weak.

If the Bengals take Chase, the Stealers DT will try to blow Leatherwood?

If the Bengals take Sewell, Boyd will make more contested catches?

If the Bengals take Chase, the Stealers will resign James Conner to play CB?

If the Bengals take Sewell, the Stealers DT will also try to blow him?

If the Bengals take Chase, the Stealers CB will be clumsy?

If the Bengals take Chase, the Stealers will choose to single cover him with James Conner?

On 4/1/2021 at 10:54 AM, WRAPradio said:

Chase isn’t a bad pick.  There will likely be linemen in the 2nd AND 3rd rounds that could start for us day 1; whereas if Marshall doesn’t fall to the 2nd there may not be a WR there.  There’s a reason we went after Golladay, we need another WR.  Yes, we need an offensive line more, but the dropoff b/w Sewell and a tackle in the 2nd round isn’t as great as the dropoff b/w Chase and a WR in the 2nd round.  

With that being said, draft Sewell and don’t look back. 

I keep hearing this but I disagree, Sewell is as much of a unique prospect as Chase.  Sewell has a rare blend of size, power, and speed that makes him a generational talent.  This idea that a similar prospect is going to be available at 38 than 5 is illogical. 

Seeing Burrow rehab at PBS should be all the reminder that Burrow needs to be protected morseo than he needs another WR. Besides,  he's good enough to make other players better and we have two good almost great WR's. The same can't be said for the offensive line, the cupboards are bare. 

You guys do realize right that even if you put 5 all-pros around Burrow up front, he’s still going to get hit. Palmer had one of the best OL’s in the league and still got his knee shredded. It just happens sometimes. Sewell can’t stop it by himself. 

It's not that Burrow will go through the season untouched if we upgrade the line. It's that Burrow will take a lot fewer hits and therefore have a better chance of making it through the season uninjured if we upgrade. It also helps the running game as well. Remember that?

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

It's not that Burrow will go through the season untouched if we upgrade the line. It's that Burrow will take a lot fewer hits and therefore have a better chance of making it through the season uninjured if we upgrade. It also helps the running game as well. Remember that?

And the reality is more time to throw and a better running game means a much better offense. Herbert had a MUCH easier go of it last year due to his oline. 

22 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I understand and agree with all of that. My only point was that you can protect him like the Pope but he can still get hurt out there. It’s just the nature of the game. 

Archived