2021 Mock Draft Simulators

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

You realize that you’re pretty much the only guy on here that consistently bitches about arm length, right?

Paging Rick...paging Rick...anybody got a hotline into The Villages?

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That shit about Peckerwood and John Ross Jr was a response to Willie Anderson posting this..  You may remember him from such films as  having a Bengals OL that wasn't dogshit.

EyDdNE5XEAksOfe?format=jpg&name=900x900

Shit like this is so stupid. 

You could have the best Olinemen in the world and it wont matter if your WRs cant get separation and get open

Or you could have the best WRs in the world and it wont matter if Joe cant get a clean pocket. 

Either pick can be argued to be helpful for the team.  I will be happy with either guy.

42 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Take it up with Willie Anderson :shrug:

I know I've seen teams win with bad WR's more often than I've seen them win with bad OL's.

What I find, like, "so stupid" is this notion that OL can be found in later rounds but WR's are some rare commodity only to be seen in the Top 5.  It's been proven wrong over and over again & yet here we are about to squander another draft pick on a marble fountain to go in front of our tin shed.

I will be happy with either guy.

You're probably not going to be happy with either of them, let's be honest. :D

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Take it up with Willie Anderson :shrug:

I know I've seen teams win with bad WR's more often than I've seen them win with bad OL's.

Been watching a youtube channel that Willie has been a guest on, so his o-line bias aside, he's made the argument that he gets both arguments too.

It's long and I'm too lazy to go looking for the part WIllie was talking in but here you go

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Chase + (second round OL) >> Sewell + (second round WR)

From an overall talent perspective, yes. From a “build a winning football team” perspective, I’m on the fence. My mind says Sewell, my heart says Chase. 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

That says it all.

Well, not that Pitts seems to be out of the conversation.

As someone (Dub?) stated, he probably is the best receiver in the

draft even though he's tagged a tight end.

And for Mr Clapton, how about his wing span?

13 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Paging Rick...paging Rick...anybody got a hotline into The Villages?

Yeah, I, too miss Rick.  The Villages Voice.

He got into a dispute with a mod over some offense that seemed

trivial to me imho (I misssed it completely... have seen a LOT worse)

which earned him a warning and he left.  

Really too bad.

8 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

From an overall talent perspective, yes. From a “build a winning football team” perspective, I’m on the fence. My mind says Sewell, my heart says Chase. 

My mind says Chase and here's why. The Bengals have ZERO depth at WR. Your starters are Higgins and Tate on the outside, and Boyd in the slot. Boyd and Higgins are talented, and Tate is a nice complimentary piece, but none of them are a true #1, at least not yet. We need a true #1 badly. A declining A.J. Green got targeted over 100 times and we have no one to replace that. God forbid Boyd or Higgins gets hurt. Who spells them to give them a breather, Thomas?

We need a #1 and badly. The point I've been trying to make is that in this particular draft you can select Chase AND address the OL in rounds 2-4. I just don't see anybody sliding into the 2nd round that could make the impact Chase can. I do see OT's and OG's that could be a decent replacement and develop at Right GUARD this year. Remember that the tackle spots are already filled for this season and Sewell would likely be playing RG for a year. So let's select the best OT or Guard in round 2 and let this offense cook.

30 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Yeah, I, too miss Rick.  The Villages Voice.

He got into a dispute with a mod over some offense that seemed

trivial to me imho (I misssed it completely... have seen a LOT worse)

which earned him a warning and he left.  

Really too bad.

Meh, he didn’t get in a fight with a mod, it was with a few of the members.  It seemed pretty trivial at the time but he ghosted over it. 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Pitts would be a better choice.  A 6-6 outlet TE/receiver who can block a blitzing corner or beat any linebacker or free safety 10 yards downfield when necessary.  

There is a reason Tyrek Hill is open so much, the other team is desperately trying to cover Travis Kelce and failing.  305 receptions in 3 years. 

For those still worried about options at 38 if they take Chase, some portion of the lineman on this list will be there at 38 and would immediately start and improve this team at RG. And a number of them could move out to RT in year two and beyond.

and he doesn’t even get to Meinerz who would be another good option.

7 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

This Chase vs Sewell debate , as passionate as it is, will not define this team going forward. How they fill the other 10 holes and how they coach will.           

Which is exactly why you want to get the best value out of each pick.

2 hours ago, Sox said:

My mind says Chase and here's why. The Bengals have ZERO depth at WR. Your starters are Higgins and Tate on the outside, and Boyd in the slot. Boyd and Higgins are talented, and Tate is a nice complimentary piece, but none of them are a true #1, at least not yet. We need a true #1 badly. A declining A.J. Green got targeted over 100 times and we have no one to replace that. God forbid Boyd or Higgins gets hurt. Who spells them to give them a breather, Thomas?

We need a #1 and badly. The point I've been trying to make is that in this particular draft you can select Chase AND address the OL in rounds 2-4. I just don't see anybody sliding into the 2nd round that could make the impact Chase can. I do see OT's and OG's that could be a decent replacement and develop at Right GUARD this year. Remember that the tackle spots are already filled for this season and Sewell would likely be playing RG for a year. So let's select the best OT or

Guard in round 2 and let this offense cook.

We have depth on the OL? Where?

Our starting LT misses twice as many games as he plays, the RT is 32, average, and on a one-year deal. The center may not be ready to start the season, and it only gets worse from there. 

If you think WR is a bigger need you're fooling yourself. Its a luxury pick for a team that can't even cobble together the basics.

It's fine if you're all gaga over Chase but the idea that we need him more than a blue chip OT is ridiculous.

I swear all of you Chase or bust people need to go watch Burrow's injury in slow motion on loop until it sinks in. 

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

That says it all.

Well, not that Pitts seems to be out of the conversation.

As someone (Dub?) stated, he probably is the best receiver in the

draft even though he's tagged a tight end.

And for Mr Clapton, how about his wing span?

SBNation has an article on all the linemen (tackles and interior) to choose from if they go wideout in round 1..

I thnk they listed 12 of them.

All but 2 had about the same or shorter length than Sewell.

I think Darrishaw and Leatherwood were the Only 2 that had.a significant.reach advantage..

Even I was surprised...

Look it up for yourself..

19 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You could have the best Olinemen in the world and it wont matter if your WRs cant get separation and get open

Or you could have the best WRs in the world and it wont matter if Joe cant get a clean pocket. 

Either pick can be argued to be helpful for the team.  I will be happy with either guy.

Perhaps, but let's not get confused into accepting that Jamar Chase is the only wideout in this draft who can get separation, OK? That would be really lazy thinking, because he's not.

Just now, bengaled said:

Perhaps, but let's not get confused into accepting that Jamar Chase is the only wideout in this draft who can get separation, OK? That would be really lazy thinking, because he's not.

Nope not at all, the question is are there guys that would be available in the 2nd round that could? 

As I said I'm fine with whatever the Bengals decide to do, we will be getting a great player if we stay at 5, and if we trade down we likely will still get a good player. 

I just am asking what is the best value at each of the positions we draft?

18 hours ago, Jason said:

I call bullshit. There's going to be a ton of great wideouts in the 2nd round, and they'll be quite capable of being both capable of getting separation and difference makers when added to our already above average starting WRs. You are letting your prejudice for what you desire override your better judgement, IMO.

Good teams, playoff teams, are not developed using top 5 picks on wideouts. That point becomes even more germane with the wide receiver drafts of late. Every year there's a bumper crop...every damned year. There was last year, there will be next year, and it will continue on into the future the same way.

There is no such thing anymore that qualifies as a "generational wide receiver". There was supposedly one (or more) last year in Jerry Jeudy...supposed can't miss guy. Yeah, how did that turn out? What about Henry Ruggs?

I call bullshit! Get a truly unusual tackle type, while we have the opportunity to draft high, because THEY'RE the type that truly doesn't come around every year.

Give me Dhami Brown in the 2nd round and I am just fine with starting weapons for Joe Burrow, all the while he'll have a chance to complete those throws without being on his back for five times per game AND Joe Mixon will eat too, which won't force Burrow to throw the ball 50-60 times per game to win.   

This is the NFL, it isn't fantasy football.

7 hours ago, Sox said:

We need a #1 and badly. The point I've been trying to make is that in this particular draft you can select Chase AND address the OL in rounds 2-4. I just don't see anybody sliding into the 2nd round that could make the impact Chase can. I do see OT's and OG's that could be a decent replacement and develop at Right GUARD this year. Remember that the tackle spots are already filled for this season and Sewell would likely be playing RG for a year. So let's select the best OT or Guard in round 2 and let this offense cook.

So if we draft an OL in round 1 and a WR in round 2.....OR conversely....if we draft a WR in round 1 and a tackle in round 2...doesn't that make everything you just posted seem to not make a whole lot of sense? I ask because this seems obvious as the way they will go, one format or the other, and that's the way I am viewing this reasoning of yours.

So tell me how one scenario or the other differs in the big picture, as we approach our third round pick. Maybe I am just not grasping your reasoning the way you are?

27 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Nope not at all, the question is are there guys that would be available in the 2nd round that could? 

As I said I'm fine with whatever the Bengals decide to do, we will be getting a great player if we stay at 5, and if we trade down we likely will still get a good player. 

I just am asking what is the best value at each of the positions we draft?

Yes there are and there will be.

Archived