2021 Mock Draft Simulators

4 minutes ago, Cricket said:

You do understand that the reply to this will likely be that this is PROOF that “you don't draft WRs in the top 5, unless you are a flailing team that doesn't understand how championships are built.”  😎

OK Wiseguy, give me your proof to the contrary, instead of just making "cute" comments.

5 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Yes we did. Now tell me, how did that work out in the big picture? Sure, he gained a lot of yards, but the point remains. Teams that draft WRs in the top 5 picks don't have the type of team composition that compete for championships. We twice went to the playoffs with AJ and didn't accomplish a damned thing once we got there either time. 

Drafting AJ Green @ #4 is not why we didn't win a playoff game.

Hell we drafted Andre Smith at #6, why didn't we win a playoff game with him?

7 minutes ago, Cricket said:

You do understand that the reply to this will likely be that this is PROOF that “you don't draft WRs in the top 5, unless you are a flailing team that doesn't understand how championships are built.”  😎

Like you said.

:24:

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Drafting AJ Green @ #4 is not why we didn't win a playoff game.

Like you said.

:24:

OK, then show me an example of successful teams drafting that way. What you are giving me is Mike Brown's franchise as a successful model, and I'd argue this is notoriously one of the worst models in pro football.

1 minute ago, bengaled said:

How about a modern day reference, Jamie, instead of one that is 20 years old. Besides, I would be all for Jamar Chase going #6.

Drafted by the Bills but ended up on the Cheifs. Sammy Watkins was taken 4th overall.

Not his fault the Bills at the time were a horribly run organization.

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Drafted by the Bills but ended up on the Cheifs. Sammy Watkins was taken 4th overall.

Not his fault the Bills at the time were a horribly run organization.

So we are talking about the drafting teams, right...not free agency.

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Much better value taking Chase at 5 and OL at 38 than Sewell at 5 and WR at 38...something to keep in mind. 

I think that's an inflated sense of scarcity based on this particular draft class, and I'm skeptical of even that much.

20 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Slow down there big fella, we don't want to build the line all at once. That is crazy talk that would blow Mikey's mind. 

Besides we already added a spectacularly average 32 year old that we'll probably have to replace next year and..

Wait what was the point?  Anyway there's no cap money left.

1 hour ago, bengaled said:

The problem is, there are a shit ton of folks that just don't think the way you do, nor that that would represent the best path forward for a franchise that refuses to spend legitimate money in free agency to obtain the type of talent that is necessary to protect it's main investment, namely Joe Burrow.. 

Too big of a drop off at WR at 38 compared to OL. The value just won’t be there at WR unless a guy like Bateman or Marshall slips down to us...which is possible but not likely. It’s why I say a big TE at 2 probably makes more sense if they take Sewell at 5.

Just now, membengal said:

Falcons did pretty 'aight w/ Julio Jones. Super Bowl  - should have won - blew the 28-3 lead. Jones went 6th just behind AJ. 

Yup. Falcons didn't lose that Superbowl because they drafted Julio Jones.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think that's an inflated sense of scarcity based on this particular draft class, and I'm skeptical of even that much.

Of course it does to you since you believe that the Bengals absolutely have to take Sewell at 5 or the season’s over. Most people know that’s not the case however. 

8 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Too big of a drop off at WR at 38 compared to OL. The value just won’t be there at WR unless a guy like Bateman or Marshall slips down to us...which is possible but not likely. 

There's so many OL needy teams at the bottom of the 1st round that many have predicted a big run on them. I see that creating a dearth of legitimate ones available when we pick at 38, as well as a situation that allows for good WRs to drop. This isn't me predicting this, OK, it's the main draft sites. 

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Of course it does to you since you believe that the Bengals absolutely have to take Sewell at 5 or the season’s over, Joe Burrow's carreer is over. Most people know that’s not the case however. 

FIFY (Because that's how these guys are acting)

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Of course it does to you since you believe that the Bengals absolutely have to take Sewell at 5 or the season’s over. Most people know that’s not the case however. 

You show that strawman who's boss!

What I said was that I don't think Chase is the only good WR in the draft.  You're projecting, if anything.

What I have noticed is that all of the likely Rd 1 receivers (including Chase) are kinda short.

His replacement Marshall at LSU is likely low 1st, or 2nd round & 6' 4, and about as fast but I guess more what they call a "Strider" according to Walter football - meaning he doesn't accelerate as well. Coachable?

Dude was productive even as a #2 and apparently stepped up pretty well on a much less talented LSU team.

Just now, Jamie_B said:

FIFY (Because that's how these guys are acting)

IF we don't get an OL one way or another, he's not going to have a career, that's true.

Quit trying to put words in people's mouths just to stir up drama, dude.

Marshall would be good value at 2 for sure but the odds of him lasting all the way to 38 are pretty slim. We got Higgins last year because we had the first pick of the second round...he almost assuredly would not have made it to 38 however. 

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

IF we don't get an OL one way or another, he's not going to have a career, that's true.

Quit trying to put words in people's mouths just to stir up drama, dude.

Who said otherwise?

I'm not trying to stir up anything that's how you guys sound.

Archived