2021 Mock Draft Simulators

2 hours ago, bengaled said:

No, but he certainly is the one with the most upside! I will say it again, because it's important...you don't draft WRs in the top 5, unless you are a flailing team that doesn't understand how championships are built. Considering we have craters in the OL the pick at #5 should be an obvious one.

Not sure that’s true anymore. The advanced metrics say there is more value in an elite WR than an elite lineman. Now, an elite line may be a different matter, but we won’t get there no matter who we draft. I think where we stand now Chase and an OL at 38 will make us a better team than Sewell and whatever WR  we might get later on. 

6 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Welp. apparently Darnold was traded to the Panthers - again ensuring a QB taken at 2 (which most people assumed anyway).

I saw them as our prime trade down partner, so in a way this affects us. That was as far as I was willing to go. 

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Welp. apparently Darnold was traded to the Panthers - again ensuring a QB taken at 2 (which most people assumed anyway).

Darnold was the worst graded QB the last 3 yrs..

They didnt give up much but I dont see much difference between Bridgewater

and Darnold..

In fact Id probably start Teddy B over him..

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Hell we drafted Andre Smith at #6, why didn't we win a playoff game with him?

Because he was literally drafted based on his ketchup skills as judged by a mouth-breathing lummox.

I'm sorry, was that a rhetorical question?

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Also, that lummox was the "Assistant Head Coach"

-why we didn't win a playoff game with Andre Smith

Yeah Alexander was shitty at the end of his time here but if we are being fair he was also the coach when we had that Oline that was  one of the top in the league when he had Levi, Eric, Richie, Bobby, and Willie

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah Alexander was shitty at the end of his time here but if we are being fair he was also the coach when we had that Oline that was  one of the top in the league when he had Levi, Eric, Richie, Bobby, and Willie

Levi..........Sewell

Eric..........Jonas

Braham...Hopkins

Bobby.......Big Q

Anderson..Reiff...

Oline coach

Akexander...Pollack..

Wont break it down individually but

as a unit...comparable imo...

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

How many of those guys did he draft?

Think you or & I could coach an OL with that kind of talent.  "Uhh.. Keep doing the stuff, guys!"

Just now, T-Dub said:

How many of those guys did he draft?

Think you or & I could coach an OL with that kind of talent.  "Uhh.. Keep doing the stuff, guys!"

Well he was with the Bengals since 1994 so I have to imagine he had input on all of them. The only guys on that line that were FA's were Bobby and Richie and even then Richie was a cut by the Cards the year he got drafted in 94, so I have to think Alexander had input on him too.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

Well he was with the Bengals since 1994 so I have to imagine he had input on all of them. The only guys on that line that were FA's were Bobby and Richie and even then Richie was a cut by the Cards the year he got drafted in 94, so I have to think Alexander had input on him too.

Sounds like he was promoted to the level of his incompetence then.

5 hours ago, bengaled said:

No, but he certainly is the one with the most upside! I will say it again, because it's important...you don't draft WRs in the top 5, unless you are a flailing team that doesn't understand how championships are built. Considering we have craters in the OL the pick at #5 should be an obvious one.

Obvious to you. I voice my opinion and try to justify it. You have an opinion as well which is just fine except you create a strawman argument and then voice your OPINION as fact. Both are in the quote above.

The Bengals were almost dead last in the league in receivers gaining separation. This was a big factor as to why Burrow held onto the ball too long at times. Why even bother drafting Burrow if you're unwilling to grab such an obvious pick that he has a connection with? The Bengals need both OL and WR depth, and in my OPINION the draft (according to the experts) is much deeper at the OL than WR especially in the 2nd round. 

1 hour ago, Sox said:

Obvious to you. I voice my opinion and try to justify it. You have an opinion as well which is just fine except you create a strawman argument and then voice your OPINION as fact. Both are in the quote above.

The Bengals were almost dead last in the league in receivers gaining separation. This was a big factor as to why Burrow held onto the ball too long at times. Why even bother drafting Burrow if you're unwilling to grab such an obvious pick that he has a connection with? The Bengals need both OL and WR depth, and in my OPINION the draft (according to the experts) is much deeper at the OL than WR especially in the 2nd round. 

This is going to go on and on and on 

This site as a collective whole trying to pick this draft is a non stop issue..

Reality is theyre going to land a stud at tackle or wideout..

A trade down seems only applicable withr the Eagles or Broncos now...

Thet have the picks to make it interesting..

We better get a no brainer trade there...

The at 7 Lions will take Smith or Waddle...

28 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

This is going to go on and on and on 

This site as a collective whole trying to pick this draft is a non stop issue..

Reality is theyre going to land a stud at tackle or wideout..

A trade down seems only applicable withr the Eagles or Broncos now...

Thet have the picks to make it interesting..

We better get a no brainer trade there...

The at 7 Lions will take Smith or Waddle...

Not from me anymore. We've all pretty much chosen what we think is best but ultimately the Bengals aren't worried about our scouting reports. We'll know in less than a month. It WILL be fascinating to watch day two to see what they do after their round 1 decision.

Peace.

1 hour ago, Sox said:

Not from me anymore. We've all pretty much chosen what we think is best but ultimately the Bengals aren't worried about our scouting reports. We'll know in less than a month. It WILL be fascinating to watch day two to see what they do after their round 1 decision.

Peace.

Exactly. Pick one will be easy but they need to nail the draft after that. 

Archived