2021 Mock Draft Simulators

I've been reading all this stuff for the last few weeks. I see all the angles from all the arguments and have changed my mind from one day to the next.

I have now landed firmly in the camp of drafting Sewell.

Now......if a great trade offer comes along - I think they should take it and load up.

Short of that, I think the best approach is to take the long term answer at Oline.

I know we've whiffed at drafting tackles (twice in the same draft) before  -

here's the big BUT

how many times were those guys hyped to this extent? Never that I recall.

Hell, you can compare it to getting the opportunity to draft Burrow.

With Reiff signed for only a year (along with being late in his career) it only makes sense.

No one can know for sure, but this now feels to me to be the smart play.

I'd love to have Chase - I think he's a sure bet stud.

Pitts would make me a little nervous and I think be even less logical (even though he's intriguing for sure).

So, not that anyone cares and long story short - give me the guy who might just be the next best thing to Anthony Munoz.

8 hours ago, HOF dan said:

I've been reading all this stuff for the last few weeks. I see all the angles from all the arguments and have changed my mind from one day to the next.

I have now landed firmly in the camp of drafting Sewell.

Now......if a great trade offer comes along - I think they should take it and load up.

Short of that, I think the best approach is to take the long term answer at Oline.

I know we've whiffed at drafting tackles (twice in the same draft) before  -

here's the big BUT

how many times were those guys hyped to this extent? Never that I recall.

Hell, you can compare it to getting the opportunity to draft Burrow.

With Reiff signed for only a year (along with being late in his career) it only makes sense.

No one can know for sure, but this now feels to me to be the smart play.

I'd love to have Chase - I think he's a sure bet stud.

Pitts would make me a little nervous and I think be even less logical (even though he's intriguing for sure).

So, not that anyone cares and long story short - give me the guy who might just be the next best thing to Anthony Munoz.

Lap agrees with you

“Who’s gonna give ya 70 snaps and who’s gonna give ya 70 snaps that might help your team the most? I lean toward the tackle. I lean toward Sewell. Here’s a guy that’s going to give you 70 snaps a game if you average 65-70 [offensive] snaps. He’ll help Joe Burrow. He’ll help Joe Mixon. He’ll help the receivers because he’ll be giving Joe Burrow time. He’ll help his teammates on the offensive line. I think the ripple effect of a guy like when Anthony Muñoz was drafted. There’s an example—the ripple effect of that excellence, plus I’m telling you it brings everybody’s level of play up...These kind of guys can lift your organization in a myriad of ways. I just think that if it’s not Sewell, if they think (Rashawn) Slater’s better than Sewell, whoever it is in that offensive line position, I’d probably lean toward going that way.”

9 hours ago, Griever said:

Lap agrees with you

“Who’s gonna give ya 70 snaps and who’s gonna give ya 70 snaps that might help your team the most? I lean toward the tackle. I lean toward Sewell. Here’s a guy that’s going to give you 70 snaps a game if you average 65-70 [offensive] snaps. He’ll help Joe Burrow. He’ll help Joe Mixon. He’ll help the receivers because he’ll be giving Joe Burrow time. He’ll help his teammates on the offensive line. I think the ripple effect of a guy like when Anthony Muñoz was drafted. There’s an example—the ripple effect of that excellence, plus I’m telling you it brings everybody’s level of play up...These kind of guys can lift your organization in a myriad of ways. I just think that if it’s not Sewell, if they think (Rashawn) Slater’s better than Sewell, whoever it is in that offensive line position, I’d probably lean toward going that way.”

Lap knows a thing or two about a thing or two..

14 hours ago, Griever said:

Lap agrees with you

So does the legend that we're talking about, our greatest player ever, Anthony Munoz. He says specifically that we should draft Penei Sewell.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, mhfinks said:

Traded back Sewell was gone at four. Picked up a 3rd from Detroit. I would take this! 

AF4A255E-F4E1-4636-A98B-6C6A16A47FDD.png

In less than a heartbeat I would take it.

Pitts won't be there that long.

In a perfect world, would be nice if he was and force the Bengals

hand into something smart.

image.thumb.png.f3458bf164c3ffab57afc12739f71a08.png

I didn't think I could out do myself, but the one thing you don't want to do is under estimate me...

This draft perfectly compliments what the Bengals did in free agency and adds quality depth at positions of need.

-Sewell and Green make the Joe's better and fills the biggest need on this team. 

-Brown and Fehoko are the two most under-rated prospects at their position in the draft because of the coaching and play calling of their college programs

- Weaver, Williams, Jones, and Jackson can put a pass rush jolt into the DE/DT positions. They integrate well into the current mix of players and would significantly upgrade the talent level at those positions. 

- Hawkins and Hillard fill out the roster by providing depth and special teams value.

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I didn't think I could out do myself, but the one thing you don't want to do is under estimate me...

This draft perfectly compliments what the Bengals did in free agency and adds quality depth at positions of need.

-Sewell and Green make the Joe's better and fills the biggest need on this team. 

-Brown and Fehoko are the two most under-rated prospects at their position in the draft because of the coaching and play calling of their college programs

- Weaver, Williams, Jones, and Jackson can put a pass rush jolt into the DE/DT positions. They integrate well into the current mix of players and would significantly upgrade the talent level at those positions. 

- Hawkins and Hillard fill out the roster by providing depth and special teams value.

Id take that draft..

Love to have those two receivers..

Patrick Jones be go higher but you covered it..

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I’m not a fan of taking a WR in the first two rounds but I could be OK with this. As you’ve explained, multiple key areas addressed.

I have run the PFN simulator multiple times with the idea of always picking either Chase or Pitts at 5. And yes, no matter how many times I do it I can always find good OL in rounds 2 and 3. In fact, I usually run it with OL in rounds 2/3 and DL in 4/5. So that way - you get the elite player and try and build both lines. 

I just don't trust this team to focus on OL for rounds 2/3 if someone on the board is still there they have a woody for - say Peyton Turner in round 2. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

These draft simulators are kind of addictive lol

FYI - the only way a round one trade worked with the provision that we could still get one of Sewell, Chase or Pitts was -> Atlanta took a QB then we traded down with Detroit at 7

Detroit isn't moving..they only have 6 picks with the worst defense in the league last year..

Now they might and should move back 

for more picks..

Think our best bet is Denver for 1 of the 3 QBs..(they wouldnt go for Mac Jones imo)..

11 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Detroit isn't moving..they only have 6 picks with the worst defense in the league last year..

Now they might and should move back 

for more picks..

Think our best bet is Denver for 1 of the 3 QBs..(they wouldnt go for Mac Jones imo)..

No don’t which essentially rules out any trade in round one. I did trade back in several of the round 2 mocks which allowed for additional OG to be picked. It kind of rules out the second level OL 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:38 AM, spicoli said:

hard to catch passes when you’re forced into being used as an extra OL. 

Yeah, and let's get back to the bigger question that so many seem to be discounting, just why was that? More importantly, look at how little has changed since then. Nearly everyone was in consensus ..fix the OL, fix the OL, save the franchise QB Joe Burrow...never let this happen again, and fix the OL.

Then the offseason happened.... 

On 4/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, spicoli said:

10 would be a great place to fall back and grab Slater at. 

Yes it would, in many ways, but that mindset is STILL kicking the can down the road on finding a centerpiece tackle to build on, as JB's protector. That mindset also says "Hey, I trust the Bengal's management to fill in those necessary offensive line pieces, and I believe in them...if they don't do it in the draft, they will spend the money and do it in free agency."

Are you of that mindset, my Bengal Brother? 

On 4/10/2021 at 7:46 AM, Griever said:

Lap agrees with you

So does the great one, Anthony Munoz.

57 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Are you of that mindset, my Bengal Brother? 

I’m of the opinion that if they don’t draft someone this year to replace Reiff next year, you just sign another Reiff in FA...next year.

They’ve shown the last couple of off-seasons that they’re not afraid to spend some cash and OT isn’t the only position on that line that could use a major talent infusion. 

Archived