2021 Mock Draft Simulators

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I’m of the opinion that if they don’t draft someone this year to replace Reiff next year, you just sign another Reiff in FA...next year.

They’ve shown the last couple of off-seasons that they’re not afraid to spend some cash and OT isn’t the only position on that line that could use a major talent infusion. 

Ok, perhaps my age is affecting my memory and I will allow for that. Given that, could you please cite me examples that I must have forgotten of them doing so in their past to supplement the OL legitimately?

1 minute ago, bengaled said:

Ok, perhaps my age is affecting my memory and I will allow for that. Given that, could you please cite me examples that I must have forgotten of them doing so in their past to supplement the OL legitimately?

Bobby Hart....

4 minutes ago, bengaled said:

They signed Reiff this year...they traded for Cordy Glenn. 
Like I said, OT isn’t the only spot that they’re lacking young talent. A stud G can help them every bit as much as a stud OT...this year and beyond. 
Also, I’m not even close to being sold on Sewell..so there’s that as well..

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They signed Reiff this year...they traded for Cordy Glenn. 
Like I said, OT isn’t the only spot that they’re lacking young talent. A stud G can help them every bit as much as a stud OT...this year and beyond. 

That's fine, but there are others who are...and I am not just talking about fans.

37 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They signed Reiff this year...they traded for Corey Glenn. 

Your so relentlessly stubborn my friend..I like people who have a vision and dont deviate from it...thats you😊.

The line had a couple holes that could be filled not with a second tier OT and a second day player...

One pick will make the Oline Free of all of this .....Sewell....

With Sewell,  you can start him at LOT sliding Jonah to LG..thats formidable..

If coach Pollack decides to wet his feet at LG and keep Jonah outside all is  still strong..

Reiff and Spain will clear out running gaps for Mixon ..JB would have the luxury of play action any time..

Many positives to having a great foundation for JBs magic show...

Sewell..Williams..Hopkins..Spain...Reiff

and let the Show begin...

15 minutes ago, bengaled said:

That's fine, but there are others who are...

and I can find just as many who aren't.....what difference does that make?

I only want the best player they can get at 5. IMO that's Chase, Pitts or Slater. Nothing is going to deviate me from that at this point. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

and I can find just as many who aren't.....what difference does that make?

I only want the best player they can get at 5. IMO that's Chase, Pitts or Slater. Nothing is going to deviate me from that at this point. 

Bro, we know that!!  You've made it quite clear that you don't think Sewell is good.  Regardless of how much the Majority of The Football watching and Talent Evaluating people disagree!  Gotta love your commitment!!😂😂

No reason to put words in my mouth...not once did I say that Sewell wasn’t good.  
You prefer your guys, I’ll prefer mine. We’ll find out in a few years I guess. 
Not like we have any say in the matter lol. 

On 1/16/2021 at 4:49 PM, membengal said:

When i do a mock, I am not trying to approximate the bengals front office. But I am absolutely certain that if Sewell and chase are gone, the bengals should trade back, even if that’s out of their first round comfort zone. They do actually trade back in round 2 quite a bit.

Sewell and Chase are not going to both be gone.I've heard more than 1 person say qb's will go 1234.

3 hours ago, stan said:

Sewell and Chase are not going to both be gone.I've heard more than 1 person say qb's will go 1234.

At the minimum, 1, 2 and 3.  ATL is a wild card and they could, maybe even should, pick Pitts, Chase or Sewell (in that order).

26 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

At the minimum, 1, 2 and 3.  ATL is a wild card and they could, maybe even should, pick Pitts, Chase or Sewell (in that order).

Honest to God, I hope Atlanta drafts Chase. I don't want Mikey to even be TEMPTED to draft him.

39 minutes ago, gupps said:

Honest to God, I hope Atlanta drafts Chase. I don't want Mikey to even be TEMPTED to draft him.

Read a couple articles that they like Pitts.

Come to think of it, if Chase was not an LSU bud of Burrow, just an excellent receiver from

a different school, who would you take, Chase or Pitts?

Or, of course, Sewell.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/13/broncos-trade-down-target-bengals-2021-nfl-draft/

Interesting food-for-thought article on Denver at #9 being hot to trade up for a quarterback.

And giving up a boatload of high picks this year and next.

We are in love with Chase and Sewell but would we forego them

for some additional high picks to strengthen the team across the board?

I dunno... I think the team and community is locked in to staying at 5, taking Pitts

and hoping for an O line slider in round 2 and even 3.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Read a couple articles that they like Pitts.

Come to think of it, if Chase was not an LSU bud of Burrow, just an excellent receiver from

a different school, who would you take, Chase or Pitts?

Or, of course, Sewell.

Chase would still be the top rated WR if he and Joe were not friends.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/13/broncos-trade-down-target-bengals-2021-nfl-draft/

Interesting food-for-thought article on Denver at #9 being hot to trade up for a quarterback.

And giving up a boatload of high picks this year and next.

We are in love with Chase and Sewell but would we forego them

for some additional high picks to strengthen the team across the board?

I dunno... I think the team and community is locked in to staying at 5, taking Pitts

and hoping for an O line slider in round 2 and even 3.

If they can get quality assets in trade, then they should definitely do it.   You'd be looking at this group of players being the likely targets:

Slater / Darrisaw / Vera Tucker for O-Line

Waddle / Smith for WR

Parsons / Owusu-Koramoah for LB

It would depend on which route they want to take to improve the team.  Plus the option to go with 2 dudes in the 2nd and likely something added for next year's draft too.  That would be a great option in my mind.  So many options would be open for them.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Chase would still be the top rated WR if he and Joe were not friends.

True, but if the 3 top non-QB guys are rated close to equal, the team may lean towards Chase because of his relationship with Burrow (this is not a bad thing) whereas if Chase was not from LSU they may very well lean towards Sewell just because of  a larger need. 

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

True, but if the 3 top non-QB guys are rated close to equal, the team may lean towards Chase because of his relationship with Burrow (this is not a bad thing) whereas if Chase was not from LSU they may very well lean towards Sewell just because of  a larger need. 

Maybe, or they could choose Chase because he is the #1 WR in just about every mock where as there are a few mocks with Slater going above Sewell

27 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Maybe, or they could choose Chase because he is the #1 WR in just about every mock where as there are a few mocks with Slater going above Sewell

Charlie Wiess this morning on Sirius said he sees Slater as a OG not an OT. 

But as we all know, opinions on draft prospects are varied. One thing i have always disagreed with is the 'you only find elite players at the top of the draft' thinking. Most of the best all time Bengals, even the recent ones were top 5 or top 10 picks. This is where teams with better scouting staffs flourish. Anyone can make a pick in the top 5 because the consensus is there. We pick any of the top 3 non-QBs we will make a good pick. It is after that where the rubber meets the road. 

What is interesting is going through this mock simulators and specifically choosing one of those 3 guys - it totally changes the outlook on the rest of the draft. For example, when I choose Chase, I really feel the need to pick an OL in rounds 2 and 3. Or at least round 2 and 4. But if I choose Sewell, I can just go with BPA in 2 and 3  and if not an OL there I pick one in round 4. The round 2/3 BPA is usually an OL, DL or WR. If I choose Pitts first then I go back to feeling I have to go OL in 2/3 or 2/4 but i also am looking at WR's . 

Interesting exercise, all the what if's. 

10 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Charlie Wiess this morning on Sirius said he sees Slater as a OG not an OT. 

But as we all know, opinions on draft prospects are varied. One thing i have always disagreed with is the 'you only find elite players at the top of the draft' thinking. Most of the best all time Bengals, even the recent ones were top 5 or top 10 picks. This is where teams with better scouting staffs flourish. Anyone can make a pick in the top 5 because the consensus is there. We pick any of the top 3 non-QBs we will make a good pick. It is after that where the rubber meets the road. 

Completely agree

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, we kind of do, just not early. With Erickson gone we need a backup for Boyd. 

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Stanley Morgan get some snaps out there in the slot every once in awhile. I always respected the shit out of that kid when he was at Nebraska. 

Archived