2021 Mock Draft Simulators

38 minutes ago, spicoli said:

From the NFL? Probably appropriate.

When the stadium deal expires in 5 years there's no telling what happens, it's entirely possible the team relocates to a city more willing to further subsidize the NFL even for a doormat team.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

When the stadium deal expires in 5 years there's no telling what happens, it's entirely possible the team relocates to a city more willing to further subsidize the NFL even for a doormat team.

San Diego would an excellent spot..

Beautiful weather ..

Hell the fans go there for sunbathing and sipping cold ones..

They're used to losing.too which helps.....

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I want the best foundation possible 

to let the skilled guys perform even better..

I expect them to draft Penei Sewell to start thst happening..

Well I hope it works out the way you want 🍻

42 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I expect them to draft Penei Sewell to start that happening..

I'm kinda waiting for a real head coach tbh, I think ZT is full of shit.  Unfortunately his main skills seem to be saying the right things and avoiding blame so he could be here for a very long time.

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

but how do we get that?

Since you asked?  I'd guess only after a few more seasons of losing & JB getting Bungalized combined with the younger Blackburns seeing the wall coming with the stadium deal.  I think the NFL would slowly start pressuring them to sell or restructure if they had to move due to declining local support.  We know the other owners are well sick of carrying some sanctimonious old fart that talks down to them.

IOW I think they need to end the playoff win drought before the stadium deal becomes an issue.  Blow it with JB and this "New Dey" campaign and they have very little leverage to negotiate another payout.  I really think the younger people in Cincinnati already don't give much of a shit if they stay or go right now.  The idea of paying another sales tax or actually any public funding at all already sounds absurd.

34 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Since you asked?  I'd guess only after a few more seasons of losing & JB getting Bungalized combined with the younger Blackburns seeing the wall coming with the stadium deal.  I think the NFL would slowly start pressuring them to sell or restructure if they had to move due to declining local support.  We know the other owners are well sick of carrying some sanctimonious old fart that talks down to them.

IOW I think they need to end the playoff win drought before the stadium deal becomes an issue.  Blow it with JB and this "New Dey" campaign and they have very little leverage to negotiate another payout.  I really think the younger people in Cincinnati already don't give much of a shit if they stay or go right now.  The idea of paying another sales tax or actually any public funding at all already sounds absurd.

Elizabeth Blackburn. 

The day is saved. 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I expect them to draft Penei Sewell to start that happening..

I do too, I just don't expect the Bengals to do that. I fully expect (and hate) the team to draft Chase at 5. Why? He will score touchdowns. Burrow wants him. And he will sell  jerseys. Lets face it, olinemen aren't sexy. And the less  you hear an their  name the better.

Round 2 will  come around and there will be some non OL guy who is "not supposed to be there" and would be an "absolute steal". Bengals draft him. Because reasons.

Round 3 comes around and the brain trust switches to BPA. No OL is worth their 3rd round pick so they draft a (insert position here). Same thing happens in round 4. Pollack starts drinking heavily.

Bengals finally draft oline in round 5 (he should have went in the 3rd!!!). the NFL network wants to interview Pollack but hes passed out in the corner surrounded by a case of empty "Milwaukees Best" beer cans, it's all he can afford on what Mikey pays him.

No more olinemen get drafted. The 2021 season rolls around. The Bengals are in the bottom 5 in rushing. Burrow leads the league in pass attempts, QB hits, and sacks. He never makes it thru the season. Bengals finish way below 500. Taylor promises changes to save his job. Mike blames the poor finish on "bad breaks". Nothing changes.

What do you think the chance of this happening? 30%? 40%? 50%? It's like a bad film that never ends. At least we will have new uniforms top look at.

36 minutes ago, gupps said:

I do too, I just don't expect the Bengals to do that. I fully expect (and hate) the team to draft Chase at 5. Why? He will score touchdowns. Burrow wants him. And he will sell  jerseys. Lets face it, olinemen aren't sexy. And the less  you hear an their  name the better.

Round 2 will  come around and there will be some non OL guy who is "not supposed to be there" and would be an "absolute steal". Bengals draft him. Because reasons.

Round 3 comes around and the brain trust switches to BPA. No OL is worth their 3rd round pick so they draft a (insert position here). Same thing happens in round 4. Pollack starts drinking heavily.

Bengals finally draft oline in round 5 (he should have went in the 3rd!!!). the NFL network wants to interview Pollack but hes passed out in the corner surrounded by a case of empty "Milwaukees Best" beer cans, it's all he can afford on what Mikey pays him.

No more olinemen get drafted. The 2021 season rolls around. The Bengals are in the bottom 5 in rushing. Burrow leads the league in pass attempts, QB hits, and sacks. He never makes it thru the season. Bengals finish way below 500. Taylor promises changes to save his job. Mike blames the poor finish on "bad breaks". Nothing changes.

What do you think the chance of this happening? 30%? 40%? 50%? It's like a bad film that never ends. At least we will have new uniforms top look at.

If a knowledgeable gambler had to bet his savings on it hed take the 30%..or below..😎

2 hours ago, gupps said:

The other typical Bengal path would be they draft a OL in 2 and 3 and they pick losers, one being a RT that they start next season and he becomes the new Og/Fisher/Hart

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

There's no chance of the Bengals moving. An attempt to move would trigger the Modell law and let the city buy the team for fair value. It's probably worth almost 2 billion and the city doesn't have that to spare but they could resell it to someone who wants to own an NFL team, either locally or who is located elsewhere. It would bypass the usual NFL approval process though the league might try to object. 

In other words that would be a best case scenario, the team staying and the Brown family going.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:53 PM, T-Dub said:

Watch Out, the NFL may do like soccer is doing over in Europe and make a Super 8 Division or maybe say, a 12 one and kick teams like the Bengals, Detroit, Browns, etc... to the curb. 

38 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Watch Out, the NFL may do like soccer is doing over in Europe and make a Super 8 Division or maybe say, a 12 one and kick teams like the Bengals, Detroit, Browns, etc... to the curb. 

The league I could see trying that is the NBA.  I don't think they will, but they already "allow" teams to create "super teams" with impunity so it's only a question of how exclusive these teams want to feel.  I think they make more money overall if they're drubbing the odd team, and that's the deciding factor in North American sports no?  For these soccer clubs I see it as a simple desire to feel more exclusive and potentially they figure they make more money by having every match be a "showcase".

I don't think that Super League will go ahead anyway, from what I've read FIFA already stated that anyone on a team in such a league would be immediately barred from international competitions.  Mix that with the massive backlash we're already seeing and I don't see how it goes forward. 

51 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

The league I could see trying that is the NBA.  I don't think they will, but they already "allow" teams to create "super teams" with impunity so it's only a question of how exclusive these teams want to feel.  I think they make more money overall if they're drubbing the odd team, and that's the deciding factor in North American sports no?  For these soccer clubs I see it as a simple desire to feel more exclusive and potentially they figure they make more money by having every match be a "showcase".

I don't think that Super League will go ahead anyway, from what I've read FIFA already stated that anyone on a team in such a league would be immediately barred from international competitions.  Mix that with the massive backlash we're already seeing and I don't see how it goes forward. 

Or maybe free themselves from the massively corrupt FIFA?

Every year Arif Hasan (now at The Athletic) compiles a "Consensus Big Board" - which is his survey and average of The Top 300 from 50 industry sharp Big Boards. It is a fairly useful tool to get an idea about the general ranges that players might be available as you move through the draft. If the Bengals take Chase at 5 (or even if they take Sewell at 5 and are looking to double-dip at o-line) here is what the consensus is for o-line in the 30-55 range (Bengals pick at 38 overall in second round):

Here are the o-linemen on on the Consensus Big Board between 30 and 55:

Dickerson 33
Leatherwood 38
Cosmi 39
Humphrey 42
Radunz 46
Eichenberg 47
Mayfield 51
Davis 55

I am quite confident that we will have some large subset of that group available to sift through at 38 if they go Chase at 5.

Frankly, if they go Sewell at 5, I still may want them to sample from that group.

For those wondering about WRs on the Consensus Big Board between 30 and 55 if we go Sewell and need to hit WR in round 2:

Marshall -34

E. Moore - 35

R. Moore - 36

Outside of that range - Bateman was 28 and K. Toney 29 and Dyami Brown was 62.

My targets for 38 at WR if they take Sewell at 5 remain Bateman or Marshall if they slip to 38 or reach for Brown.  The others on here are slot guys for sure (R. Moore) or slot guys who you have to hope can learn the outside (E. Moore and K. Toney). 

Archived