2021 Mock Draft Simulators

I am getting some bemusement out of the notion that the Dolphins might have played themselves with their moving back and then up to six based on the expectation that the Bengals would take Sewell.  If the Bengals take Chase and Pitts is gone at 4, they fucked up...

From Matt Miller's notebook today:

4. The Cincinnati Bengals do love Ja’Marr Chase and he could very well be the selection at No. 5 overall. Conventional wisdom points to Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater, but Chase could pull at the heart strings of the franchise (and the franchise quarterback).

5. Two trade out candidates to watch: The Miami Dolphins (No. 6 overall) and Detroit Lions (No. 7 overall). Miami moved back to the sixth selection, I’m told, because they believed the Bengals would select an offensive lineman. That would leave them with one of the top two pass-catchers. If the Falcons select Pitts and the Bengals select Chase, the Dolphins could move out.

The same goes for Detroit; a team with so many needs that every position is on the table which actually sets up well if a quarterback-needy team wants to move up ahead of the Denver Broncos (No. 9 overall).

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I am getting some bemusement out of the notion that the Dolphins might have played themselves with their moving back and then up to six based on the expectation that the Bengals would take Sewell.  If the Bengals take Chase and Pitts is gone at 4, they fucked up...

I had been thinking that recently as well.  I started wondering - would they trade back up into #4 if they saw that outcome as being inevitable?  It'd depend on whether the Falcons are set on Pitts (assuming that's who they might be focused on).  Honestly if the Falcons really are "set" (unknown) and the Bengals are also set (seems likely from Tobin's comments) they're already screwed... unless they think Smith or Waddle are an ok consolation.

It’s ironic because I heard Philly moved out of 6 because they thought the Bengals were taking Chase. 

13 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

image.thumb.png.cf6e705b70686287b334783b159c5709.png

My latest masterpiece....trading back in the second makes sense if Marshall is gone.  

Sewell is the pick, Chase won't make it past ATL. 

I think Atlanta takes Pitts, and I’m still team Chase, but I’d be happy with this result. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think Atlanta takes Pitts, and I’m still team Chase, but I’d be happy with this result. 

I think Atlanta needs to groom a QB until Ryans contract runs out..2yrs??

I see them debating on taking Trey Lance if hes on the board..

14 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Atwell certainly isn't a 2nd rounder. Is Kiper simply opining the Bengals would be dumb enough to take him there or is Kiper saying he's worthy of pick 38?

It was actually McShay, I guess, since he and Kiper were doing a mock where they were taking turns making picks. Not sure what the fuck his reasoning was - something along the lines of "they need a field stretcher". 

It was actually McShay, I guess, since he and Kiper were doing a mock where they were taking turns making picks. Not sure what the fuck his reasoning was - something along the lines of "they need a field stretcher". 

Gonna need a regular stretcher if they draft that dude

or maybe one of these

360-pearl-main.jpg

I ran a few PFN mock sims under the premise that we take Chase and then Peyton Turner in round 2, just trying to think like Dufus. Then I went OL in either 3/4/5 or 3/4/6 with a BPA in other slots. Hate to say it but there still were a lot of good OL available even if we started them in R 3. 

TE is a weak position and we wont take a LB so my other picks were looking at RB, DL and even a kicker late

Rumors have Landon Dickerson falling due to his injury history.

Bengals had video chats with WR Mike Strachan (Charleston) and LB Anthony Butler (Liberty)

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

Need to draft Sewell so Burrow's knees are never in danger again. Or...maybe it isn't that simple and there are no guarantees of safety?

This is a "people still die wearing seatbelts so seatbelts don't matter" tier argument.

Archived