2021 Mock Draft Simulators

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

If we draft Sewell. looks like I have to let my Marshall dream go...

I hope Fields comes into the league and balls out and makes all these folks look like idiots. I can't believe the disrespect he is getting. This kid did noting but go out and preform.

And in the world of far fetched rumors:

Could the Cincinnati Bengals really pass up offensive tackle Penei Sewell in favor of receiver Ja’Marr Chase?

(10:45 AM ET) The answer is yes, but a source close to the team tells me it has little to do with the Burrow to Chase connection at LSU in 2019. “You have to understand the mentality of the Bengals’ front office,” my source told me. “They got a damn good receiver in Tee Higgins last year, and they must protect Burrow. But the way they see it is the team lost A.J. Green, and after what turned into a contentious relationship, the priority of many in the front office is to replace Green with another receiver and stick it to him.”

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

For those assuming there will be all kinds of options available on the offensive line in the second, don't be surprised if this isn't the case.

There will be plenty of OL options in R2 and beyond. Whether Sewell goes 5th or 6th isn’t going to change that in the slightest. 

29 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Could the Cincinnati Bengals really pass up offensive tackle Penei Sewell in favor of receiver Ja’Marr Chase?

(10:45 AM ET) The answer is yes, but a source close to the team tells me it has little to do with the Burrow to Chase connection at LSU in 2019. “You have to understand the mentality of the Bengals’ front office,” my source told me. “They got a damn good receiver in Tee Higgins last year, and they must protect Burrow. But the way they see it is the team lost A.J. Green, and after what turned into a contentious relationship, the priority of many in the front office is to replace Green with another receiver and stick it to him.”

This is just stupid. 

15 minutes ago, spicoli said:

There will be plenty of OL options in R2 and beyond. Whether Sewell goes 5th or 6th isn’t going to change that in the slightest. 

Uhhh...I didn't say anything about Sewell. I just think a lot of people assume there will be shit tons of options on offensive line available at premium value in the second round. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if this isn't the case. I think the needs of other teams are going surprise a lot of people and the guys many believe will be there, won't.

Don't worry, Elizabeth has your jersey order. That won't change either.

If the Bengals pass on Sewell, Miami will likely just pick him at 6. That doesn't change the incredible OL depth in this draft class. Teams in the first might snap up a few guys but there are just too many to think that more than a couple won't be there at 38. There are going to be guys picked in rounds 3 and 4 that will be starters in this league from day one. The class is that good. 

And I don't really care about Chase, he's just the guy I think they're taking. I've been on record for months saying my number one choice is to trade down for one of Slater or Vera-Tucker. 

49 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That's a hot take for sure.

Dolphins traded Ereck Flowers to Washington and are moving Robert Hunt to OG. OT is back in play in a big way for the Dolphins. For those assuming there will be all kinds of options available on the offensive line in the second, don't be surprised if this isn't the case.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Just as there will be multiple options to get a 3rd wide receiver...doesn't mean we need the absolute best of them, just a functioning one.

On 4/26/2021 at 2:18 PM, bengaled said:

Let's state that in it's proper context, OK? They signed Whitworth to a 2nd contract after he played admirably for the 1st four years of his rookie deal, then when that contract played out and he was still in his prime, they refused to resign him a second time....basically because they were too fucking cheap to do anything like that. Oh, and we've been fucked ever since, so there's that too!

He was 36 years old. 99% of the time that means you are NOT in your prime.  That is PROPER context.  

The Rams signed him to a 3 year $33mil contract but only $15mil was guaranteed.  They were trying to win a Super Bowl and needed a left tackle.  Almost pulled it off.  The Bengals sin was not having a replacement. 

Uhhh...I didn't say anything about Sewell. I just think a lot of people assume there will be shit tons of options on offensive line available at premium value in the second round. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if this isn't the case. I think the needs of other teams are going surprise a lot of people and the guys many believe will be there, won't.

Don't worry, Elizabeth has your jersey order. That won't change either.

I agree there won’t be a lot of offensive Tackle options available unless you find that outlier.  Should be quite a few decent interior lineman available.  

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He was 36 years old. 99% of the time that means you are NOT in your prime.  That is PROPER context.  

The Rams signed him to a 3 year $33mil contract but only $15mil was guaranteed.  They were trying to win a Super Bowl and needed a left tackle.  Almost pulled it off.  The Bengals sin was not having a replacement. 

We had a replacement, he was just a POS.

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I agree there won’t be a lot of offensive Tackle options available unless you find that outlier.  Should be quite a few decent interior lineman available.  

Just going through that draft simulator a zillion times, if we do pick Chase first there is some risk that the second level tackles are gone but the draft is loaded with Guards, so we could still pick two guards in rounds 2-5 or a high end guard and then a tackle who can start at guard.  A lot will depend on how the team ranks the OL and if they have those 'squirrel' moments where they go after a Sample instead of sticking to a plan and filling the OL up. 

Whichever direction they go in round 1, they had better have good plans for day 2 because the day one pick is easy. 

15 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The Ketchup Whisperer was on the radio the other day and he actually said and I quote "OL is the safest position to draft". 

Unless their names are Price, Ogbuehi or Fisher.  Those are tricky names 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

In this case, he was in that category and had displayed nothing to give them a hint he wasn't. This wasn't about his age, it was about money.

31 minutes ago, bengaled said:

In this case, he was in that category and had displayed nothing to give them a hint he wasn't. This wasn't about his age, it was about money.

If our 1st round pick(s) had not been complete busts we would not be having this discussion.  If Ced, Price and Fisher had been even decent, nobody would be complaining about Whit and Zeitler being gone.

In fact, the Bengals would not have needed to pick Jonah Williams. That is the actual context.  

And yeah, it’s about the money. There is this thing called the salary cap.  

Archived