2021 Mock Draft Simulators

Just now, UncleEarl said:

Did it cost Marvin his job, or was Marvin just fed up with having to deal with Mike Brown’s loyalty to shitty assistant coaches that love ketchup?

A little of both most likely.  

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

They knew it before they let Whit and Zeitler go.  They should have re-signed one of the two.  I honestly don’t think they ever had a chance to sign Whit.  The Rams were willing to pay way more. Basically $15mil guaranteed to help win them a Super Bowl. 

There was no evidence Cedric was EVER going to be anything approaching starter material after that first horrible year.  Our best lineman in 2017 was probably Andre Smith.  Ouch. The whole mismanagement cost Marvin his job most likely.  

Whatever happens tonight probably won’t fix the atrocious defense either.  We may revert back to the Shake and Blake days.  Fun to watch but not good enough to win consistently.  

Whit said afterward he wanted to stay in Cincy and said if they would have even made him an offer in the ballpark he would accept it, no matter if it was lower. The Bengals didn't even offer him half of what LA did, and that was the problem. They spit in his face. They DON'T spend decent money in free agency on offensive lineman and their only choice to acquire talent is through the draft.

24 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Whit said afterward he wanted to stay in Cincy and said if they would have even made him an offer in the ballpark he would accept it, no matter if it was lower. The Bengals didn't even offer him half of what LA did, and that was the problem. They spit in his face. They DON'T spend decent money in free agency on offensive lineman and their only choice to acquire talent is through the draft.

And then they draft shitty OL.. hamster on a wheel

40 minutes ago, bengaled said:

I get it but the Bengals didn’t want to take the risk on a player his age.  That doesn’t explain why they let Zeitler go too.  No legit reason not to pay him market value.  

30 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I get it but the Bengals didn’t want to take the risk on a player his age.  That doesn’t explain why they let Zeitler go too.  No legit reason not to pay him market value.  

Can only guess that Ketchup Whisperer convinced them he could easily replace them with magic draft beans

Daniel Jeremiah's final mock draft has him reversing course and coming to his senses finally suggesting the Bengals should draft Penei Sewell. On one of the sports shows this morning he explains his decision in more detail.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-4-0-broncos-patriots-trade-up-for-qbs?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

35 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well the obvious reason being in both cases it was all about not spending free agency money on offensive linemen...the same point I have been making over and over.

6 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Daniel Jeremiah's final mock draft has him reversing course and coming to his senses finally suggesting the Bengals should draft Penei Sewell. 

I would be quite happy to see them draft Sewell or possibly Slater (trading down or not, IDFK) & then also draft OL in the 2nd round. Possibly even again in the 3rd, because, I mean..  *points at OL depth chart*

Who is even playing Center or RG? Honestly feels like I'm talking about a different team than some people at times.  They're not going to fill all the holes in this roster in one draft so let's start with the solid foundation that lets all those other, flashier pieces actually matter when they (hopefully) round out the roster next year.  (With the understanding that them taking 3-5 years to actually get to that point is pretty bad, but... here we are.)

I'm more concerned about the guard & center spots than tackle now that Hart is gone.  Reiff is a big upgrade in my mind.  The 2nd and 3rd rounds look as though they'll be filled with options for the IOL, so I agree with using those picks to focus on the inside of the line.  That's why I prefer Chase at 5 but will be fine with them picking Sewell if they go that route.

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Sometime back Alexander was on Sirius radio and he said he pushed hard to re-sign both Zeitler and Whit

Yeah, he also said most people don't realize it, but he was the one who decided to leave the team, not he other way around, and the fact that they refused to sign Whitworth and Zeitler was for him the final straw and decision maker. 

Perhaps that was a different interview...perhaps with Dave Lapham I'm thinking.

19 minutes ago, BBR said:

I'm more concerned about the guard & center spots than tackle now that Hart is gone.  Reiff is a big upgrade in my mind.

I'd say only because Hart was terribad.  Compared to the rest of the league he seems like a pretty average 32 year old OT.  Good pass blocker, marginal run blocker.  More of a band-aid than a long term fix since I can't see them extending him for more than 1-2 seasons if they do go that route.

13 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Sometime back Alexander was on Sirius radio and he said he pushed hard to re-sign both Zeitler and Whit

I thought it was accepted consensus that MB simply refused to sign Zeitler for the same reason he didn't sign Steinbach - he just doesn't think guards are worth X% of your cap, from a business-value perspective.

With Whit I always took at his him not wanting to pay aging, non-flashy-position players who might end up hurt and thus not maximizing their dollar value.  We know he'll do that with the Ferraris (see Green, A.J.).

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Adam Schefter out here throwing bombs:

When news surfaced this afternoon that the 49ers offered the third overall pick to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers, it wasn’t news to Rodgers.

Rodgers knew about the offer. And wanted the Packers to take it.

A league source tells PFT that Rodgers wanted the Packers to take the 49ers’ offer, which was for the third pick and more. It’s unclear where Rodgers would go from here.

The teams Rodgers would like to be traded to include not just the 49ers, but also the Raiders and Broncos. Rodgers would love to move closer to the West Coast, where he grew up, where his fiancée Shailene Woodley lives and where he would have more television opportunities, including the possibility of hosting Jeopardy.

The Packers are continuing to insist that they will not trade Rodgers.

7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:
I heard several days ago from a CIN source that HC wanted Sewell, OL coach wanted Slater, Burrow wanted Chase, ownership leaned Chase. Hearing from another team source today it's definitively Sewell. More plugged in guys than me now more confident it's Sewell too

Trade back and take Slater!

17 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:
I heard several days ago from a CIN source that HC wanted Sewell, OL coach wanted Slater, Burrow wanted Chase, ownership leaned Chase. Hearing from another team source today it's definitively Sewell. More plugged in guys than me now more confident it's Sewell too

If this is at all true it must have been Pollack formed a coalition with Taylor just to help avoid the WR (since I can't imagine Taylor getting "his way" over that many people, especially when MB is on the opposite side of it).  It does seem apparent that those with deep knowledge of OL have a hard-on for Slater - but it may have been difficult for Pollack to argue they should take him at 5 - and dropping is something they refused to do unless it was at most a two spot drop, or so says Tobin at least.

It may also be that they've "gotten word" through insider circles that Chase will be taken at 4.  Regardless, if MB is/was leaning Chase, nobody should be surprised if that's the pick, even with this new rumour.

If they take Chase I'll be happy.

If they take Sewell I'll be happy.

If they take Pitts I'll be happy.

If they can somehow work a trade back and come away with Slater or Vera-Tucker, I'll be over the moon happy. 

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Rodgers news may turn this draft into a total drama fest!!  Bring it on!  Imagine Packers moving up to 3 and trading Rodgers.  That would be crazy.  

Absolutely right!!

SF gives up pick 3...(Wilson or Fields)

Plus other pics tbd..

Green Bay now has massive cap room and a good young QB for the future and Niiners are thinking they have a great QB to win Now..

Win win for both teams...

Raiders definately would want AR 

but not enough ammo to entice the Packers..

50 minutes ago, spicoli said:

If they take Chase I'll be happy.

If they take Sewell I'll be happy.

If they take Pitts I'll be happy.

If they can somehow work a trade back and come away with Slater or Vera-Tucker, I'll be over the moon happy. 

So you'll be a happy boy tonight..😊

No matter who they pick...

Ill be thrilled with Sewell..

Very happy with Chase or Pitts..

Not so much with a trade back for Slater unless the rest of a package is one they "cant refuse" not to ...

Archived