2021 Mock Draft Simulators

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Loads of top 5 fails over the years, so BPA is in the eye of the beholder, and the Bengal scouts are often cross-eyed. 

They bust just as frequently with teams with big scouting departments. 

There are rarely more than a handful of true blue chippers in any single draft, picking top 5 almost assuredly means you'll get a shot of one of them though....which is all you can really ask for. 

26 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

IMO it's a better than 50% chance Sewell is on the board at 5. Unless the Bengals sign a top OT (ie Trent Williams, Taylor Moten, maybe Daryl Williams or Russell Okung) in FA, we should take Sewell. 

If he's there we should take Sewell regardless.  I've noticed that successful teams all have more than one healthy NFL-caliber OT.  I think we should give that a try next season, just for laughs.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If he's there we should take Sewell regardless.  I've noticed that successful teams all have more than one healthy NFL-caliber OT.  I think we should give that a try next season, just for laughs.

I think that it's not out of the question that we draft Sewell, Sign Thuney and trade for Havenstein. To me that's exactly what we should try to do. 

22 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Another factor is - if we want to run the ball more than the need for another top tier WR dimishes

This. We just gave Mixon a sh!t-ton of money, doesn't anyone want to see him earn it? Another WR isn't going to make that happen, neither is a TE (or DE/CB/DT for that matter, but at least they are justifiable needs).

I posted awhile back (can't remember which thread) that I didn't want a skill position player before the 4th round, I still think that. I just can't see Mikey paying big bucks for a top tier free agent OL.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The goal should be fixing the OL BEFORE the draft so that you can get the most dynamic playmaker you can get at 5. I have no problem whatsoever taking Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw at 5 if they can’t make that happen but my goal for this team is to bring in veteran starting talent up front. Just sign two legit starters and then you can get depth in the middle rounds of the draft. Use that 5th pick to get yourself a legit difference maker. 

27 minutes ago, spicoli said:

The goal should be fixing the OL BEFORE the draft so that you can get the most dynamic playmaker you can get at 5. I have no problem whatsoever taking Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw at 5 if they can’t make that happen but my goal for this team is to bring in veteran starting talent up front. Just sign two legit starters and then you can get depth in the middle rounds of the draft. Use that 5th pick to get yourself a legit difference maker. 

On this oline Sewell Would be that difference maker..

Trade for Havenstein ..

Move Williams to LG..

Chase isnt going to protect JBs knees..

15 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

On this oline Sewell Would be that difference maker..

That's just your opinion.

JB's knees will be just fine if they can just sign two starters up front. That shouldn't be too much to ask. 

Use that 5th pick on touchdown makers. That's where the value is this year. 

Here's the thing...Jonah Williams is going absolutely nowhere, so if they sign 2 starters in FA up front where is the need for a top 5 OL?  

Now if they do absolutely nothing in the off-season to address their issues then yea, I'm all about Sewell/Slater/Darrisaw at 5. With all the cap space they've got though and with so many teams having cap issues, there's absolutely no excuse not to do what needs done in FA to free up that pick. 

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Here's the thing, Jonah Williams is going absolutely nowhere, so if they sign 2 starters in FA up front where is the need for a top 5 OL?  

Now if they do absolutely nothing in the off-season to address their issues then yea, I'm all about Sewell/Slater/Darrisaw at 5. With all the cap space they've got though and with so many teams having cap issues, there's absolutely no excuse not to do what needs done in FA to free up that pick. 

Point taken...

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Point taken...

I'm not at all against taking a OL at 5...I just don't wanna be forced to have to is all. That's literally all I want, that premium pick freed up to do with it as we please. That's my only off-season goal for this team.

42 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Here's the thing...Jonah Williams is going absolutely nowhere, so if they sign 2 starters in FA up front where is the need for a top 5 OL?

Jonah Williams has been available for all of 10 out of a possible 32 games.  I'm not sure why people keep acting like he's some rock solid All Pro.  Draft position? 

You know what doesn't score touchdowns? Your QB underneath a dogpile.  Drafting "dynamic playmakers" over OL is how we end up with John Ross standing around on the sideline in sweats while our rookie QB gets pummeled.

Seen enough of that strategy.  No fuckin' thank you.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Jonah Williams has been available for all of 10 out of a possible 32 games.  I'm not sure why people keep acting like he's some rock solid All Pro.  Draft position? 

You know what doesn't score touchdowns? Your QB underneath a dogpile.  Drafting "dynamic playmakers" over OL is how we end up with John Ross standing around on the sideline in sweats while our rookie QB gets pummeled.

Seen enough of that strategy.  No fuckin' thank you.

Yep..

Just now, T-Dub said:

They are absolutely not moving on from him....which, effectively makes all of that moot. It makes no difference whatsoever what any of us think about him, he's a guaranteed starter. 

8 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Which leads to the Catch 22 of a teams draft board put together by a sub-par scouting staff. 

Draft BPA and BPA is determined by the shitty scouting. Maybe the Bengals should go full George Costanza and 'do the opposite'

Yep, everything is determined on how good your scouting staff is.

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They are absolutely not moving on from him....which, effectively makes all of that moot. It makes no difference whatsoever what any of us think about him, he's a guaranteed starter. 

Your opinion on who they should draft is worth about as much as mine, bud.  Which is to say, fuck-all.

You're right though in that they will likely do the traditional Bengals thing of pretending a player is who they want them to be despite any and all evidence to the contrary until they've dug themselves into a huge hole with their stubborness.

Bring on the desperate half-measures!

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It's likely that Watson will force his way out of Houston and Miami has a lot of ammo to offer in trade. I bet Miami would trade Tua + their 2 first and 2nd round picks this year for Watson and think Houston would take that as opposed to waiting for future year picks. 

With Tunsil on hand, the Texans probably take a WR. Miami could well do that anyway. 

IMO it's a better than 50% chance Sewell is on the board at 5. Unless the Bengals sign a top OT (ie Trent Williams, Taylor Moten, maybe Daryl Williams or Russell Okung) in FA, we should take Sewell. 

If he's off the board, at least 1 of the top 4 QBs will be available. Let's hope they all have great pro days.

That would set us up to trade down with a team needing a QB. Philly might give us their 3rd just to prevent someone else from grabbing the QB if they like him a lot. Otherwise we should gain an extra 2nd for moving down in the top 10 and additional considerations if we have to go down to 12 for San Fran. Detroit probably won't take a QB at 7 but the teams at 6, 8, 9, and 12 are all looking hard.

If we dropped all the way to 12, that means 11 players taken before we have a pick. They would likely include 4 QBs, 3 WR, 1OT, 1 TE, 2 CB. Maybe Slater or Parsons are in there. But we'd still get a top prospect. If we move down less, then our options are even better. 

Why would Philly take a QB? They just drafted Jalen Hurts last year. I'd think they would be happy to get QBs off the board so they have a better chance at a player they want.

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You're right though in that they will likely do the traditional Bengals thing of pretending a player is who they want them to be despite any and all evidence to the contrary until they've dug themselves into a huge hole with their stubborness.

I really don't understand why you felt the need to say anything other than that. 

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Why would Philly take a QB? They just drafted Jalen Hurts last year. I'd think they would be happy to get QBs off the board so they have a better chance at a player they want.

Because new coaching staffs want their own QB's. 

Archived