2021 Mock Draft Simulators

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I actually think there's a pretty good chance they sign Thuney. Last years splurge gives me some hope on that front.

Id rather they go after Moten first but he could be franchised..

Feel more secure landing a tackle first but Thuney would help the interior immensely..

Btw why the wait on Havenstein unless Zach has some inside info on an injury..

Give them our high 5th rounder.

Hed look good at RT for us.

Havenstein and Thuney would..make my day.

28 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I actually think there's a pretty good chance they sign Thuney. Last years splurge gives me some hope on that front.

I’m still not convinced they spend a boatload of money on a guard, but they might at tackle. And I think they will also sign a guard who is an upgrade. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m still not convinced they spend a boatload of money on a guard, but they might at tackle. And I think they will also sign a guard who is an upgrade. 

Ive got that feelin about an expensive guard in my crawl as well..

Thuney would be a huge upgrade of any interior lineman we have..

Just look at that group!!

Huge uprade!

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Good post..

I still ask you how many left handed centers are in the NFL?

22 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes it does matter..

Spin of the snap mostly..

Give me all of the left handers centers in the NFL and no long snappers..

Humphrey to Tua would be a natural feel..

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think it would matter in the least. If through whatever miracle Tua was able to adjust to right handed centers, I see no reason why Burrow would have any problem whatsoever adjusting to a left handed center. Boomer was a left handed QB and Bengals receivers didn't seem to have a problem catching his passes. Much ado about nothing imho.

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Good post..

I still ask you how many left handed centers are in the NFL?

Thanks.  I don`t have any idea, may be zero. I just don`t think being left or right handed would matter.  Don`t see a team not considering them because they are left handed and I just don`t see it being a big issue. 

Thanks for all your input I usually just read for all the great info but sometimes have to question some things that don`t make sense to me.  Im not saying I`m right like I said, it just doesn`t make sense to me.  Thanks

22 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Thanks.  I don`t have any idea, may be zero. I just don`t think being left or right handed would matter.  Don`t see a team not considering them because they are left handed and I just don`t see it being a big issue. 

Thanks for all your input I usually just read for all the great info but sometimes have to question some things that don`t make sense to me.  Im not saying I`m right like I said, it just doesn`t make sense to me.  Thanks

Your thoughts about the team are welcome anytime..

FA gonna be SO critical to my thoughts. My clear preference for Chase if he's there (or Pitts/Waddle/Smith) if he's gone are all predicated on them actually addressing o-line in FA with at least two top-tier signings. Daryl Williams/Thuney my dream scenario. That would open up so much. 

If they whiff in FA on significantly improving o-line, that pushes me back toward praying Sewell is there at 5 and opens up my nightmare scenario where they haven't improved o-line, Sewell is gone, and they reach for another lineman at 5. 

26 minutes ago, membengal said:

If they whiff in FA on significantly improving o-line, that pushes me back toward praying Sewell is there at 5 and opens up my nightmare scenario where they haven't improved o-line, Sewell is gone, and they reach for another lineman at 5. 

Add to the nightmare - they don't reach for an OL (would be Slater one would think) and still work the OL enough. The 'go with who we have' scenario"

30 minutes ago, membengal said:

FA gonna be SO critical to my thoughts. My clear preference for Chase if he's there (or Pitts/Waddle/Smith) if he's gone are all predicated on them actually addressing o-line in FA with at least two top-tier signings. Daryl Williams/Thuney my dream scenario. That would open up so much. 

This is 100% where I'm at. 

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Add to the nightmare - they don't reach for an OL (would be Slater one would think) and still work the OL enough. The 'go with who we have' scenario"

At that point, I don't know what's worse. O-line is really deep in this draft, but relying on ANY lineman other than maybe Sewell to seamlessly step in for week 1 is sub-optimal. That's why addressing this in FA has to be job 1 from my view. 

Maybe of interest is this bit from Matt Miller's latest notebook that just dropped today:

8. Sleeper of the Week—DL Milton Williams, Louisiana Tech

Can you tell I wrote this before the Friday-Saturday combine at EXOS where Williams turned heads? He’s an active, strong, quick pass-rusher with the ability to play inside or outside on the defensive line. Williams does need coached up on his technique to better shed blocks and he has to close on quarterbacks with more urgency, but he’s a very solid option in the third-or-fourth-round that fits what teams like Seattle want in their defensive linemen.

9. Faller of the Week—IOL Wyatt Davis, Ohio State

Let me start by saying I’m a big Wyatt Davis fan, but a deeper dive into his film shows some concerns that had me moving him out of my Top 50. Davis is a shorter guard (6’2 3/4”) and spends a lot of time on the ground. That worries me as he doesn’t always show the length or strength to lock out pass-rushers and maintain his balance. Davis is nasty in the run game, but his pass protection traits need cleaned up.

10. Riser of the Week—OT Walker Little, Stanford

A healthy Walker Little sat as OT1 on my way too early 2019 NFL draft big board. Then a season-ending knee injury changed that. And the COVID-19 pandemic and late start to the PAC-12 schedule led to Little opting out of the 2020 season.

We haven’t seen him play football in almost two years, but the last time we did Little looked like a lock to start in the NFL. Now, in a preview of his pro day workouts, Little looks healthy and has been dominating workouts with offensive line coach Duke Manyweather.  If Little checks out medically, he has to be considered a top 50 prospect for the upcoming class and a Day 1 starter at right tackle.

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

My Choices:

1. Sewell

2. Chase

3. Trade down

Mine are 

Sewell

Trade Down

Pitts

Farley

Pitts is a matchup nightmare and Farley would be an upgrade on Trae Waynes and his 16 mil cap hit. Colleges turn out lots of good WRs these days so we don't need one in the first round. 

37 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Mine are 

SewellSTrade Down

Pitts

Farley

Pitts is a matchup nightmare and Farley would be an upgrade on Trae Waynes and his 16 mil cap hit. Colleges turn out lots of good WRs these days so we don't need one in the first round. 

Sewell

Trade Down

Slater

Darrisaw

Chase

Smith

Waddle

Pitts

If they do what they need to in FA at o-line, mine is:

Chase/Sewell

Pitts

Waddle

Smith

If they miss in FA mine is:

Sewell

Trade down for Darrisaw/Cosmi/Slater between 9 and 14

My nightmare is miss in FA, Sewell gone, and they reach based on need at 5. 

37 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Why do I get the impression the people on this board are better prepared for the draft

than the Bengal Brain Trust (pardon my oxymoron).

There's a compliment in there, btw.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/2/22306490/bengals-draft-history-pro-football-focus-nfl-stats

Because of this no doubt. 

Archived