2021 Mock Draft Simulators

11 minutes ago, spicoli said:

In todays pussified NFL that's not really gonna happen much though because it'll almost always end up a 15 yard penalty.

The rules today put a guy like Pitts at a huge advantage, he's going to be a huge weapon for some team right off the bat. I predict 10+ tds year one no matter where he ends up at.

They beat the shit out of Gronkowski and he is a much bigger man.

The Bengals will pick what they will pick. I happen to think they'll select Chase...and I actually agree with this. I've done hundreds of mocks using Fanside, PFF, and The Draft Network. What I've found is that this particular draft is VERY deep in OL, and not so  much in receivers. Of all the mocks I've done I'm almost always happier with my draft if I select Chase instead of Sewell. When I select Sewell in the 1st I almost always find myself reaching for a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd.

When I select Chase I CAN find a good OT in the 2nd round, and a good interior lineman in either the 3rd or 4rth round. When I select Sewell I find the receivers available from the 2nd on to be complimentary pieces. The potential #1's will all be snapped up in the 1st round. To sum it up, WR value is higher than OL value in the 1st round, and the reverse is true in the 2nd round imho. 

With the way they addressed FA if I'm king I select Chase in the 1st, then two OL with an edge player in the next four rounds with the 2nd round prioritizing OT. Again, jmho.

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

That I can agree with my friend..

Im gonna be upset they dont grab Sewell but it's sorta JBs call imo..

And he wants Chase..

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Because the drop-off from Chase to that crew is much higher than the drop-off from Sewell/Slater to the o-line they can get at 38. That's pretty universally what folks are saying. Pro talking heads. And...me. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Because the drop-off from Chase to that crew is much higher than the drop-off from Sewell/Slater to the o-line they can get at 38. That's pretty universally what folks are saying. Pro talking heads. And...me. 

For what it's worth, I think that's a bunch of bullshit.

28 minutes ago, spicoli said:

In todays pussified NFL that's not really gonna happen much though because it'll almost always end up a 15 yard penalty.

The rules today put a guy like Pitts at a huge advantage, he's going to be a huge weapon for some team right off the bat. I predict 10+ tds year one no matter where he ends up at.

15 yards in exchange for taking one of the other team's playmakers off the field is a bet I've seen Shitsburgh take time & time again.

7 minutes ago, bengaled said:

For what it's worth, I think that's a bunch of bullshit.

What, that Chase is some world-beater that all the other WR's in the draft can't possibly compare to?

Yeah, total bullshit.  I think this is all a coping mechanism for when they once again draft a WR in the top 10 to plug into a broken offense while Sewell goes to some other team that actually knows how to build a winning roster.

Bengals should have fixed the O-line in free agency. Feiler+Zeitler cost less combined than Thuney or Hendricson. If we'd signed them instead of Trey, we'd have a need at RDE but a lot more options in the draft with no first round DE worth pick 5. But since we neglected the O-line again, adding only Reiff on a 1 year deal, it needs to be the pick in round 1. We already have 2 good WRs. We don't have 1 good G and only 1 proven T.

The Bengals as an organization are poorly run and at a competitive disadvantage vs the other 3 teams in the AFCN. Our one hope is Burrow. We simply must protect him. Upgrading the line also means a legitimate running game and more offensive options. 

37 minutes ago, Sox said:

The Bengals will pick what they will pick. I happen to think they'll select Chase...and I actually agree with this. I've done hundreds of mocks using Fanside, PFF, and The Draft Network. What I've found is that this particular draft is VERY deep in OL, and not so  much in receivers. Of all the mocks I've done I'm almost always happier with my draft if I select Chase instead of Sewell. When I select Sewell in the 1st I almost always find myself reaching for a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd.

When I select Chase I CAN find a good OT in the 2nd round, and a good interior lineman in either the 3rd or 4rth round. When I select Sewell I find the receivers available from the 2nd on to be complimentary pieces. The potential #1's will all be snapped up in the 1st round. To sum it up, WR value is higher than OL value in the 1st round, and the reverse is true in the 2nd round imho. 

With the way they addressed FA if I'm king I select Chase in the 1st, then two OL with an edge player in the next four rounds with the 2nd round prioritizing OT. Again, jmho.

It's almost like that was written from a burner account for me. But it wasn't.

This. All of this. 

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

It's almost like that was written from a burner account for me. But it wasn't.

This. All of this. 

This is a fine opinion to have, but I just want to understand why people think Tee definitely isn't a potential #1, but Chase is? 

We know what Tee can do, he has all the measurables (greater than Chase for that matter, #1 being height) and he was a rookie.  Hell, I was someone who stated on this board last year that the one receiver from the top 10 or so I *definitely* didn't was Tee!  BOY was I wrong.  Why did I have that opinion?  I thought he was a product of his surroundings in college and despite all the opportunity I thought his stats were lacking.  Turns out his surroundings were likely actually holding him back!  You might think the same of Chase since he comes from a similarly stacked team, but that still doesn't take away from Tee.  I'd also be onboard the "the more elite weapons the better" if that wasn't a luxury in our situation (i.e. the one that needs a lot of help to ensure Joe doesn't get his knee destroyed - again).

13 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

This is a fine opinion to have, but I just want to understand why people think Tee definitely isn't a potential #1, but Chase is? 

We know what Tee can do, he has all the measurables (greater than Chase for that matter, #1 being height) and he was a rookie.  Hell, I was someone who stated on this board last year that the one receiver from the top 10 or so I *definitely* didn't was Tee!  BOY was I wrong.  Why did I have that opinion?  I thought he was a product of his surroundings in college and despite all the opportunity I thought his stats were lacking.  Turns out his surroundings were likely actually holding him back!  You might think the same of Chase since he comes from a similarly stacked team, but that still doesn't take away from Tee.  I'd also be onboard the "the more elite weapons the better" if that wasn't a luxury in our situation (i.e. the one that needs a lot of help to ensure Joe doesn't get his knee destroyed - again).

I think Tee is a fine receiver. I just don't believe he's a true number one. He seems to have problems separating at times whereas Chase does not. Put Chase and Tee on the outsides with Boyd in the slot and you have a monster and young receiving core.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

What, that Chase is some world-beater that all the other WR's in the draft can't possibly compare to?

Yeah, total bullshit.  I think this is all a coping mechanism for when they once again draft a WR in the top 10 to plug into a broken offense while Sewell goes to some other team that actually knows how to build a winning roster.

What receivers that compare to Chase do you think will be available in the 2nd round?

7 minutes ago, Sox said:

What receivers that compare to Chase do you think will be available in the 2nd round?

Oh plenty, but I was thinking more like 3rd or maybe 5th round.  Of course with no combine and no scouts, fat chance we find any of them.

What LTs that compare to Sewell do you think will be available in the 2nd round?

1 hour ago, Sox said:

I think Tee is a fine receiver. I just don't believe he's a true number one. He seems to have problems separating at times whereas Chase does not. 

Tee was a rookie in the NFL, not a college junior in the SEC.  

Do me a favor and watch this then explain to me why you want to bench him for magic beans

Tee Higgins FULL Rookie Highlights |2020-21 - YouTube

One contested catch after another.  Against NFL defenses.  Lots of broken tackles, too. 

A Timeline

30 years ago, Bengals win a playoff game

In 2020, Bengals draft Joe Burrow. Burrow is seen as the future of the franchise.

Joe Burrow gets sacked 32 times in 9.5 games

In game 10, Joe Burrow suffers a grievous knee injury, ending his season

Bengals "best" offensive lineman suffers a torn ACL

Bengals LT suffers a season ending injury (again) 

Bengals keep same offensive line and add a 32 year old RT

Bengals draft a WR in the first round

Most Bengals fans rejoice and buy lots of Ja'Marr Chase jerseys

Mike Brown smiles

The beat goes on

1 hour ago, Sox said:

I think Tee is a fine receiver. I just don't believe he's a true number one. He seems to have problems separating at times whereas Chase does not. Put Chase and Tee on the outsides with Boyd in the slot and you have a monster and young receiving core.

His seperation should be sharper this year..

Its a shock to rooks how much harder it is in the NFL..

1 hour ago, Sox said:

High five!

Listened to Daniel Jeremiah on the Robert Mays pod. Said that Chase and Pitts are on a tier by themselves among position players and that it isn't close. Said best description of Chase is a fast Anquan Boldin - that he wants to murder his opponents with his physicality and his toughness. Said he's a generational prospect.

He also has Sewell 12th. 

I mean, I know there are Sewell or bust types but it is hard to find a lot of analysts saying that Sewell is a generational prospect at this point. He's a really good prospect. But...not generational. 

Archived