2021 Mock Draft Simulators

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

1st round...15

2nd round...37 and 47

3rd round ....69 and 79..

So using Colin Lindsey's big board over at Great Blue North, this is what I came up with...

15. Alijah Vera-Tucker OG

38. Rashod Bateman WR

47. Milton Williams DT

69. Walker Little OT

79. Ronnie Perkins Edge

8 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

No way the Patriots make a trade like that unless they know their target is there at 5.   

Yeah it would have to be with the Bengals on the clock and Justin fields sitting there, IMO. 

15 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So using Colin Lindsey's big board over at Great Blue North, this is what I came up with...

38. Rashod Bateman WR

47. Milton Williams DT

69. Walker Little OT

79. Ronnie Perkins Edge

Sweet draft there. I had forgotten about the GBN site, I will check that out. Used to visit there way back in the day. 

7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Sweet draft there. I had forgotten about the GBN site, I will check that out. Used to visit there way back in the day. 

Honestly I just used his because he updated it this morn.

He's definitely been around for awhile....still going strong though. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

My boy Leatherwood 🤣

There are actually about 4 guys I'd take in 2 before Leatherwood....Humphrey, Dickerson, Cosmi, Little and then Leather Tuscadero.

Wow!  A Happy Days Suzy Quatro reference on the board!  Pretty strong!!

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

38. Rashod Bateman WR

47. Milton Williams DT

69. Walker Little OT

79. Ronnie Perkins Edge

Sweet!!...

You covered all the bases quite well..

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Yeah it would have to be with the Bengals on the clock and Justin fields sitting there, IMO. 

Mac Jones who they seem high on would be my guess..

Heard the Niners like Lance but after Fields proday who knows..

I could see 

Lawrence Wilson Fields Lance going 1 thru  4..

Pats get Jones at 5..

Bottom line is ole Bill needs a franchise QB and its not Newton!!

20 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

A Timeline

30 years ago, Bengals win a playoff game

In 2020, Bengals draft Joe Burrow. Burrow is seen as the future of the franchise.

Joe Burrow gets sacked 32 times in 9.5 games

In game 10, Joe Burrow suffers a grievous knee injury, ending his season

Bengals "best" offensive lineman suffers a torn ACL

Bengals LT suffers a season ending injury (again) 

Bengals keep same offensive line and add a 32 year old RT

Bengals draft a WR in the first round

Most Bengals fans rejoice and buy lots of Ja'Marr Chase jerseys

Mike Brown smiles

The beat goes on

Exactly, as if it's groundhog day and fans can't learn from the past mistakes this organization has made...over and over and over.

23 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Exactly, as if it's groundhog day and fans can't learn from the past mistakes this organization has made...over and over and over.

I don't expect the Bengals FO to do anything differently, not at this point.

For the fans to continue endorsing those bad decisions is a bit of a head-scratcher though... After watching Burrow writhing around on the turf like '05 Palmer I would've hoped it'd be torches and pitchforks time & drafting OL straight down the board.  

Yet here we are arguing over drafting another WR in the top 10?  I admit I can't quite get my head around it. 

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yup. 

I am comfortable with whatever the Bengals do in this situation.

Take Sewell? Fine, let him start at LT asap, and move Williams to RT and Reiff inside asap.

Take Chase or Pitts? Fine, they start right away and take a guy like Leatherwood or Cosmi at 38 and let them start at RG, then kick them out to RT next year.

What I don't want to do is draft Sewell, and put him at guard, and Williams as LT then move both guys next year. If we take Sewell I want both he and Willams moved to their long term spots. 

The problem with that thinking is neither Leatherwood, nor Cosmi are good fits at right guard, and later on in their pro careers,  to project forward right tackle. They're both tall, lanky guys with left tackle bodies that likely won't have the necessary skill level to play there at the pro level. Guys like that project acceptably to left guards, but they're too light in the ass and are much better fits on the left side, yes the same left side where all our fucking guards seem to fit, unfortunately.

It's so fucking sad it's like I keep hearing that idiotic Mike Brown refrain from the 80's where he unintelligently stated "All guards are interchangeable pieces".  I remember how Bob Trumpy lambasted him then over and over and it seems little has changed. The dumb bastard was wrong then as much as that mindset is wrong now. Yes, in a pinch they can play there, but it's not the way an OL functions at a playoff team level.  

6 hours ago, membengal said:

My best guess is if they draft Sewell he starts this year at RG and then kicks out to RT next year, with Reif, if he re-signs, moving inside. 

I'm so certain they won't retain Reiff next year, providing he has a decent year as hoped, that I would almost bet the farm it won't happen. What in the world would ever lead you to make that conclusion, given this team's history? 

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Landon Dickerson OC/OL Alabama

by Drew Boylhart • January 21, 2021

STRENGTHS
Landon is a quality football player who can play any one of the interior line positions and possibly even the tackle position, in certain situations. That being said, his impact position is at center. He is stout against the bull rush with quick feet to go out to the second level and make his blocks. Landon possesses just enough lateral agility and quickness to stop those pesky one gap attack defensive tackles. Add to that, his excellent overall strength and leverage to control his opponent at the line of scrimmage and you have a top offensive lineman who can play multiple positions on the offensive line. Landon has the athletic talent to be used on sweeps, screens, and as a pulling center or guard inside the hash marks or outside the hash marks. He has excellent leadership skills and his enthusiasm is infectious. He reminds me a lot of the Cowboys Zack Martin.

CONCERNS
As with most offensive lineman, injury history will be the biggest concern for most teams but in this case, although he has some injures I don’t believe there is anything that might turn any team off to selecting him early in this draft.

BOTTOM LINE 1.41
My three skill positions on offense are QB, LT, OC, in that order. I wouldn’t hesitate to take potentially great players at those three positions in the top ten of any draft. Others, value the WR and RB positions along with the QB position but for me, if you don’t have excellent players at the QB, LT, OC position you will not have a good offense or be able to build an offense. I also value players who can play multiple positions in multiple styles of systems. Landon can play multiple positions on your offensive line with the athletic talent, leadership, and character that every team needs to be successful. Zack Martin was the 16th pick of the 1st round of the 2014 draft. In that draft, I told you Zack has top ten talent. In this draft, I’m telling you Landon has top ten talent. Now I know, teams selecting in the first round might not value the offensive center position as high as I do but, as I stated before if you don’t have excellent talent at the QB, LT, OC positions (IMO) you haven’t got a chance in hell of reaching the playoffs. Now I know, some of you are thinking that you can get a great offensive center in free agency. But the truth is, you don’t find excellent players at those three positions in free agency very often. They may fall in your lap out of dumb luck because of cap situations but it’s not very likely. So, selecting them early in the draft seems like a no brainer to me.

Thank you Drew for speaking so highly of my 2nd favorite lineman in this draft...BRAVO! Drew is on point again.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

You have no idea how hard it was for me not to take Rondale Moore at 38 lol  :17_heart_eyes:

Not considering trades, why wouldn't Rondale Moore work for you to fill out our starting WR group, and in turn, open up our 1st round pick for a more needed position?

Archived