2021 Mock Draft Simulators

37 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

image.thumb.png.ae862cadc6bf3e10793b786629c3f2c2.png

I'd be all over this draft. Best offensive lineman in the draft to protect Burrow, strong edge rushing prospect, speed WR and depth for the lines and special teams. 

I could absolutely take that draft. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Yup. Here's another Chase one that hits a LOT of needs that I just did on PFF (didn't make any trades):

Round 1 Pick 5 --- Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

Round 2 Pick 38--- Teven Jenkins T/G, Oklahoma State

Round 3 Pick 69 --- Creed Humphrey, IOL,. Oklahoma

Round 4 Pick 111 -- Tommy Togiai, IDL, tOSU

Round 5 Pick 149 --- Janarius Robinson, Edge, Florida State

Round 6 Pick 190 ---- Patrick Jones III, Edge, Pitt

Round 6 Pick 202 --- David Moore, IOL, Grambling State

Round 7 Pcik 235 --- JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU

That was light at least one WR from what I usually like to mock, but the board fell flush for those players in those positions. For the folks that hate WR at 5 - would you REALLY hate this approach? That's 3 o-line and 3 d-line plus Chase and a DB. Without reaching anywhere. 

In that scenario I would LOVE to see Teven Jenkins slide from the 1st round.

1 hour ago, Numbers said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1659834-power-ranking-the-importance-of-each-position-in-todays-nfl.amp.html

Pay attention to #4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/ranking-each-position-s-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner-0ap3000000503855

Pay attention to #3

https://www.blitzalytics.com/post/most-valuable-positions-in-the-nfl

Pay attention to #4

I suppose this line of posting verification of an Offensive Tackle's importance could theoretically go on forever.  Suffice it to say that most if not all #1's on the list are QB's.  Look at what positions are somewhere around 2-3.  The positions that get to the QB.  We have a QB that is in the blue chip category that most likely will hold ZERO value if he doesn't get better stable protection.  Yes, I'm aware that there's a growth process for an OT.  No defensive players are ranked high enough to warrant a number 5 pick.

While you're looking at these lists, take a look at where those Wide Receivers or Tight Ends are located.  Ask yourself why or just read some of the above link material.

In short, I'll be pissed if they take anything other than the highest rated Left Tackle in the draft which is graded out by the majority of reliable sources as a blue chip prospect.  The only thing that might cause me pause would be one of two scenarios.

1. Sewell is gone before 5.

2. We trade back to pick up a slew of number 1s and number 2s.

If all the prospects being discussed were graded equal, would you still not see that LT is a bigger need than any other position ?

Lastly, I don't know if any Oregon product will ever be able to soothe the butthurt many Bengal's fans still feel after suffering Akili Smith.  I don't know anymore than anyone else who gets paid to scout these players.  However, what I do know is that it's mighty hard to successfully complete a pass to that shiny new Wide Receiver or Tight End if you are on your back.  

EwZgxHYVgAE21Tw.jpg

1188764887.jpg

115867473f00d169217125c38054d17f.gif

I posted the Budky Brooks one a few days ago. It's the only one relevant to this conversation imho because it breaks down the tackle position between left and right tackle. 

Meaning a Left tackle is more important than a WR or TE..... However a Right Tackle is not.

The question then is this. Is Jonah Williams the future at Left Tackle?

Yes? Draft a WR or TE.

No? Take Sewell.

If then Williams is the guy, then you ask is Tee Higgins a WR 1?

Yes? Take Pitts.

No? Take Chase.

That is as simple as it gets for me.

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Please, stop using logic regarding known facts on how to build a team. OTs aren't sexy picks. They don't generate jersey sales. WRs are fun and fast. Can you imagine the three headed monster?!? OMG! GAH!!

Mike Garafolo said this morning on GMFB (slightly paraphrasing)...Executives around the league think the Bengals should take Sewell but that they will probably take Chase.

It had a real..."typical Bengals" ring to it.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I posted the Budky Brooks one a few days ago. It's the only one relevant to this conversation imho because it breaks down the tackle position between left and right tackle. 

Meaning a Left tackle is more important than a WR or TE..... However a Right Tackle is not.

The question then is this. Is Jonah Williams the future at Left Tackle?

Yes? Draft a WR or TE.

No? Take Sewell.

If then Williams is the guy, then you ask is Tee Higgins a WR 1?

Yes? Take Pitts.

No? Take Chase.

That is as simple as it gets for me.

There is your logic right there.

1 hour ago, Sox said:

I did a mock earlier and posted it above. I took Chase at #5. The next THREE picks were all OL. I agree OL is VERY important. One player does not fix it. Selecting OL in rounds 2-4 potentially does while getting a stud receiver at the same time. It is possible to fix two problems in this draft especially since it's very deep at the OL, much more so than WR. 

Please note, I managed to post this without implying that people that don't agree with me aren't thinking "logically", or posting images of injured players.

We both want the same thing, we just disagree about how to do it, and that's ok. 

This right here. 

A few of you need to cool it with the personal insults. 

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Should have known lol..

Now show me a pic of JB with Sewell next to him...protecting him like a great bodyguard should!..😎

Sorry, I could only find one of JB and Landon Dickerson :shrug:

58 minutes ago, Sox said:

In that scenario I would LOVE to see Teven Jenkins slide from the 1st round.

Me too. I am 100% comfortable - as you appear to be - that someone  or some group of someones at o-line is sliding to 38 just based on sheer number of quality o-line prospects. Jenkins is one that could for sure. Would be all over that. 

25 minutes ago, membengal said:

Me too. I am 100% comfortable - as you appear to be - that someone  or some group of someones at o-line is sliding to 38 just based on sheer number of quality o-line prospects. Jenkins is one that could for sure. Would be all over that. 

Not really feeling this strategy of drafting whichever OL is left over

Fans: Can we have Sewell?

Team:  No we have offensive linemen in round 4

The OL in Rd 4:

ZWgmYbb.jpg

29 minutes ago, membengal said:

Check out Brett Kollmann's video on Teven Jenkins

image.thumb.png.7573a9dc094163340e9081e38292daa7.png

You're welcome....Duke and Zac...Holla at me. 

In this scenario trading back allows the Bengals to not only get Sewell but also get a few extra picks to help with depth...something this roster has needed for years. 

The offensive line would be Sewell-LT, Williams - LG, Dickenson/Hopkins- C, Reiff/Spann - RG, and Jenkins/Reiff at RT. 

Additionally it adds to DE depth with Milton, Jones III (my favorite DE in the draft), and Cooper will help with DE depth. 

I killed it...once again Bengals fans...you're welcome. 

30 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

image.thumb.png.7573a9dc094163340e9081e38292daa7.png

You're welcome....Duke and Zac...Holla at me. 

In this scenario trading back allows the Bengals to not only get Sewell but also get a few extra picks to help with depth...something this roster has needed for years. 

The offensive line would be Sewell-LT, Williams - LG, Dickenson/Hopkins- C, Reiff/Spann - RG, and Jenkins/Reiff at RT. 

Additionally it adds to DE depth with Milton, Jones III (my favorite DE in the draft), and Cooper will help with DE depth. 

I killed it...once again Bengals fans...you're welcome. 

I like Sewell but seems you over did it with 3 olinemen up first..

Do like Dickerson though..

Maybe tweak it by adding a receiver at 

38 or 39..

Palmer seems to be to high there imo..i actually like Simi Fehoko nuch better than Palmer..

Good job though..

4 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

image.thumb.png.ae862cadc6bf3e10793b786629c3f2c2.png

I'd be all over this draft. Best offensive lineman in the draft to protect Burrow, strong edge rushing prospect, speed WR and depth for the lines and special teams. 

I agree...Damn good draft..

Pretty much covered it..

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Not really feeling this strategy of drafting whichever OL is left over

Fans: Can we have Sewell?

Team:  No we have offensive linemen in round 4

The OL in Rd 4:

ZWgmYbb.jpg

When did pick 38 morph into the 4th round?  

2 hours ago, Sox said:

Check out Brett Kollmann's video on Teven Jenkins

That was a great watch, thanks. He's been a draft hope of mine for 38 for awhile, but had given up, thinking he is for sure targeted for end of first round - except his arm measurements may give new hope that he slides out of first. Into hopefully our our arms at 38. He would be an absolutely nasty RG this year. 

31 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

It was an exaggeration for comedic effect, please forgive me

The point remains; why take whatever OL is left over instead of the best available?

Ill say it again..Because alot like flashy  cars with shit engines..

Sewell is Number 1..there isnt any fucking 1A!!!

Watching all these highlight films of all these 2nd tier linemen is comical..

Hell I could find Bobby Hart highlights if I wanted..

Sorry if someone else already posted this, but:

https://www.bengals.com/news/lsu-s-ja-marr-chase-already-has-history-with-bengals

Knobson already doing Chase features, and highlighting that he "already has history with the Bengals"?  Jeez, who are you trying to convince Geoff?  The one thing that makes think this might all be true (i.e. Chase is #1 on the Bengals board) is that when rumours like this come out about the Bengals, they're usually correct.  They don't put out smoke screens *and* they have leaks all the time.

In regards to Chase himself, after his pro day interview I don't see much (any?) specific enthusiasm to go to the Bengals or reunite with Joe (of which he was asked about no less than 3 times).  That might be him just not wanting to portray preference for any team (understandable) or a team that is lower than he wants to go (understandable also - he was wearing a "Jets" hoodie after all).  I certainly don't think it's any kind of desire to *avoid* the Bengals, but... who the hell knows?  We'll find out soon enough.

31 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Sorry if someone else already posted this, but:

https://www.bengals.com/news/lsu-s-ja-marr-chase-already-has-history-with-bengals

In regards to Chase himself, after his pro day interview I don't see much (any?) specific enthusiasm to go to the Bengals or reunite with Joe (of which he was asked about no less than 3 times).  That might be him just not wanting to portray preference for any team (understandable) or a team that is lower than he wants to go (understandable also - he was wearing a "Jets" hoodie after all).  I certainly don't think it's any kind of desire to *avoid* the Bengals, but... who the hell knows?  We'll find out soon enough.

I noticed this, too. He seemed to be, "Whatever, I'm good either way". I think far too many people are putting far too much stock into their "relationship". I do however believe the Bengals are going to draft Chase. Those jerseys in the Pro Shop aren't going to sell themselves.

Archived