2021 Mock Draft Simulators

49 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-isnt-pushing-for-former-lsu-teammate-jamarr-chase/

Talking on the March 31 episode of Draft Insiders, Wingo stated: “You’ve heard a lot this week about Joe Burrow potentially lobbying for Ja’Marr Chase. I can tell you that I got a text today from a member of the Bengals coaching staff that said, ‘I’ve seen that out there. Not sure where that came from. That’s not Joe, that’s not how he is at all. He gives us great intel on LSU guys but is respectful of his role as a player and ours as coaches and scouts.'”

Yep.  Mike Brown doesn't take advice from players either and Burrow is smart enough to know it. 

2 hours ago, bengaled said:

I want Sewell or Chase, and would be happy with either, but I prefer Sewell, because I think he's the better player and at a higher need position for us. Sorry if in making the case for him and not agreeing with you, that somehow pisses you off to the extent you would add me to your ever growing ignore list, but that's just how it is. 

I think he was saying taking Slater at 5 would piss him off.

April 1: Oklahoma State’s Teven Jenkins big, strong — and fast!

Oklahoma State tackle Teven Jenkins showed off power and speed at his pro day Thursday. The 6-foot-6, 310-pound tackle — who played both left and right in college — put up 36 bench reps of 225 pounds, which would’ve landed him third at last year’s combine.

Jenkins also reportedly ran a 4.9-second 40-yard dash, an outstanding time for a powerful tackle his size. A punishing run blocker in college with enough quickness to be effective in gap and zone, Jenkins probably translates best to a right tackle at the next level. He’s a people-mover all the way, but his run Thursday surely gave scouts something else to think about.

The Athletic’s Dane Brugler currently rates Jenkins as the No. 20 overall player in this class (OT4). Oklahoma State receiver Tylan Wallace reportedly ran a 4.43 40, while teammate Chuba Hubbard turned in an unofficial 4.36 run.

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

April 1: Oklahoma State’s Teven Jenkins big, strong — and fast!

Oklahoma State tackle Teven Jenkins showed off power and speed at his pro day Thursday. The 6-foot-6, 310-pound tackle — who played both left and right in college — put up 36 bench reps of 225 pounds, which would’ve landed him third at last year’s combine.

Jenkins also reportedly ran a 4.9-second 40-yard dash, an outstanding time for a powerful tackle his size. A punishing run blocker in college with enough quickness to be effective in gap and zone, Jenkins probably translates best to a right tackle at the next level. He’s a people-mover all the way, but his run Thursday surely gave scouts something else to think about.

The Athletic’s Dane Brugler currently rates Jenkins as the No. 20 overall player in this class (OT4). Oklahoma State receiver Tylan Wallace reportedly ran a 4.43 40, while teammate Chuba Hubbard turned in an unofficial 4.36 run.

All these proday 40 times are off.

How much who knows but im disregarding these times for the most part..

Jenkins is a strong kid though and agree hes looking at RT in the NFL..

Teven Jenkins OL/OG Oklahoma St

by Drew Boylhart • February 25, 2021

STRENGTHS
Teven is a big offensive lineman with long arms. His movement skills should allow him to be a good fit as a guard at the next level.

CONCERNS
Teven has had a lot of repetitions on the offensive line so to watch on film, at this point of his career, how out of NFL football shape he is, how sloppy his techniques are, how poor his balance is the quicker he tries to move his feet, how he lunges once he engages and stops moving his feet, is mind-boggling to me. He also holds on just about every play. He has a lot of work to do and the fact he opted out after a mysterious injury to work on the draft shows me that he knows he needs a lot of work. It reminds me of that kid who waits until the last minute to study for the test. That kid either fails or squeaks out, a passing grade, and is happy with that grade.

BOTTOM LINE 4.56
Well maybe, if Teven gets in better NFL shape all of his negatives will turn into positives. It’s possible…enough to be considered as a solid guard but, I’m not convinced at the next level he can play a tackle position. But that’s just me, I’m sure many others think differently. At least we know Teven’s agent thinks differently because right now as of this writing Teven is being considered as a possible 1st round pick by some people in the media. For me, I’d let someone else pick Teven and see where he is, physically and mentally at the end of his first contract. But like I said…that’s just me and you never know, if he works hard and gains strength and better techniques he does have the size to play a tackle position…you just never know. That being said as I stated before, I’d let someone else do all the work.

6 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Teven Jenkins OL/OG Oklahoma St

by Drew Boylhart • February 25, 2021

STRENGTHS
Teven is a big offensive lineman with long arms. His movement skills should allow him to be a good fit as a guard at the next level.

CONCERNS
Teven has had a lot of repetitions on the offensive line so to watch on film, at this point of his career, how out of NFL football shape he is, how sloppy his techniques are, how poor his balance is the quicker he tries to move his feet, how he lunges once he engages and stops moving his feet, is mind-boggling to me. He also holds on just about every play. He has a lot of work to do and the fact he opted out after a mysterious injury to work on the draft shows me that he knows he needs a lot of work. It reminds me of that kid who waits until the last minute to study for the test. That kid either fails or squeaks out, a passing grade, and is happy with that grade.

BOTTOM LINE 4.56
Well maybe, if Teven gets in better NFL shape all of his negatives will turn into positives. It’s possible…enough to be considered as a solid guard but, I’m not convinced at the next level he can play a tackle position. But that’s just me, I’m sure many others think differently. At least we know Teven’s agent thinks differently because right now as of this writing Teven is being considered as a possible 1st round pick by some people in the media. For me, I’d let someone else pick Teven and see where he is, physically and mentally at the end of his first contract. But like I said…that’s just me and you never know, if he works hard and gains strength and better techniques he does have the size to play a tackle position…you just never know. That being said as I stated before, I’d let someone else do all the work.

You know who used to hold alot in college??.

Cedric O...

Know who had too many false starts in college?

Jake Fisher..

They say a good oline coach can help break those habits..

It never happened with either of them..

So to me Jenkins hss a huge red flag with the holding issues..

Hes not athletic at all but he may be a road grader..

Ill pass on him as well...

41 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Well we can all agree on that..

Why? I've read some stuff suggesting he's better than Sewell.  I myself don't really know & I'm pretty sure no one else here does, either.  I'm not even convinced the team knows.

I do know he's not a WR, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Why? I've read some stuff suggesting he's better than Sewell.  I myself don't really know & I'm pretty sure no one else here does, either.  I'm not even convinced the team knows.

I do know he's not a WR, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

I know we arent pro scouts.

Maybe some think Slater is better..

If you were to pick between the two who do you take??

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I know we arent pro scouts.

Pro.. what? People get paid for that?  :ninja:

If you were to pick between the two who do you take??

I guess Sewell? I still have doubts about JW but at worst he moves to guard or RT.  Nobody promised him the LT position, he can get over it.  Besides that it's just based on the talking heads popularity contest.

Just saying if they did take Slater I'd be like "huh.. cool."  Frankly they could draft a long snapper at #5 and it'd just be Bengals doing Bengal things, I'm not gonna trip.

He’s one of the most technically sound OL I’ve seen coming out of college. He just does everything right first and foremost, and then oh by the way, he has elite athleticism at his position on top of it. I think he’s can’t miss...and if he never plays anything but G, I’m good with that. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

He’s one of the most technically sound OL I’ve seen coming out of college. He just does everything right first and foremost, and then oh by the way, he has elite athleticism at his position on top of it. I think he’s can’t miss...and if he never plays anything but G, I’m good with that. 

"and if he never plays anything but G Im good with that"

Ok....

8 minutes ago, membengal said:

This is quite a twitter thread from Goodberry:

Good stuff there...

We all knew Turner was from the shitpile..

Remarkable the difference ...

Looking forward to Pollack helping these guys upgrade their play.

He will...

9 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

If we selected based upon that need in 2017, we'd have wound up with one of the Deshaun Watson/Patrick Mahomes duo.

We wound up with John Ross instead.

...and? If you're waiting for me to argue with you about that year, you'll be waiting a long time. Mahones would have been a great pick, unless we ruined him lol

Archived