2021 Mock Draft Simulators

15 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Damn that's pretty telling.

I knew it was bad. I didn't know HOW bad. I've been hammering Hobson for saying that Pollack coming back is a move that fixes a lot by itself...but...dammit, he may have a point. Reiff and a quality draft pick and maybe Pollack can get them to average. Turner was a fucking nightmare of a hire. I don't forgive ZT for that. 

7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And pretty telling of Zac Shula to not only hire that POS Turner but keep him for 2years especially with a stud QB coming in. MB steps in all the time but the one time we really needed him to he is absent. 

Yeah. This. I went on a rant when Turner was hired b/c he's a piece of shit person. I just assumed if they were willing to sign up for that he must be a good coach. Turns out he's a fucking nightmare there too. What a crap crap hire. 

14 hours ago, spicoli said:

He’s one of the most technically sound OL I’ve seen coming out of college. He just does everything right first and foremost, and then oh by the way, he has elite athleticism at his position on top of it. I think he’s can’t miss...and if he never plays anything but G, I’m good with that. 

I'd be fine with Slater, especially if you could move down a bit and pick up an extra 2nd.

The original Turner hire is further hard to stomach given the semi-nepotistic justifications given in the first place. ZT assured us that he wasn't worried about Turner's history, because he knows him.

Okay. Taylor is fortunate that decision didn't already get him fired.

I'm a little concerned that Anarumo has introduced some similarly Turner-esque culture (as well as Turner-esque incompetence).

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/penei-sewell-goes-through-four-stage-work-out

Watch: Penei Sewell Goes Through Four Stage Work Out

This is a fun watch!
ALLBENGALS STAFF
1 HOUR AGO

CINCINNATI — Will the Bengals take Oregon offensive lineman Penei Sewell with the fifth overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft?

The 20-year-old went through an extensive four stage workout, which was part of Eastbay's "CLOCKING:IN" web series. 

19 minutes ago, Griever said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/penei-sewell-goes-through-four-stage-work-out

Watch: Penei Sewell Goes Through Four Stage Work Out

This is a fun watch!
ALLBENGALS STAFF
1 HOUR AGO

CINCINNATI — Will the Bengals take Oregon offensive lineman Penei Sewell with the fifth overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft?

The 20-year-old went through an extensive four stage workout, which was part of Eastbay's "CLOCKING:IN" web series. 

Nice video...now I want Sewell AND Chase.  😎

Having Pollack scouting and grading OL is a huge benefit over the idiot Turner but the opposite can be true as well. That is, he may feel Sewell is the best OL by far, can't miss, can't pass over him, heads above all others, etc. So it can work both ways. He could also say the 2nd round guys are not far off Sewell. 

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Protecting Burrow is more important than giving him an upgrade at WR1. That means Sewell plus Elijah Moore or Dyami Brown or maybe Kadarius Toney rather than Chase plus Leatherwood or whomever.

Dont think Toney will get out of 1st round but if he falls to 37 Bengals have a steal..

Build the line then add your shiny pieces if you must..

Makes for a smoother ride in the long run..

Sewell then Bateman Brown Moore or any good receiver on the board..

23 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I think he was saying taking Slater at 5 would piss him off.

I am DEFINITELY saying taking the guard, Rashawn Slater, at 5 would piss me off. You are correct in your observation, Jamie, so let there be no mistake about that. I didn't mention him because he doesn't belong in the conversation and is so far removed from it, that he didn't even enter my mind.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Having Pollack scouting and grading OL is a huge benefit over the idiot Turner but the opposite can be true as well. That is, he may feel Sewell is the best OL by far, can't miss, can't pass over him, heads above all others, etc. So it can work both ways. He could also say the 2nd round guys are not far off Sewell. 

Said it before but this is one of the big issues with making the coaches double as scouts (besides that fact that being an NFL coach is already enough on their plate, I mean WTF honestly?) 

Any good coach is going to think they can make a project player into a superstar.  That's how a great coach like Zimmer reaches for a guy like Margus Hunt.  A confident coach is good but you don't want them bringing home strays.  The Bengals OL woes are exhibit A for this shit with Ketchup Whisperer making first round picks based on fucking condiments.  Again, WTF?

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Sounds like both Sewell and Chase are as good as it get as prospects at their positions. So, who do you want, Anthony Munoz or AJ Green?

I want to solidify the Oline..

Give JB the time and he ll make alot of receivers look good..

20 hours ago, spicoli said:

I don’t know if Slater is the best OT in the draft but, I 100% believe that’s he’s the best OL in the draft. 

Well here's the problem with that. Reiff signed a one year deal, after which he'll be planning to cash in on the new TV deal in free agency next year, which I don't blame him for doing. Will the Bengals be a participant in that bidding war? What does their past spending habits tell you about the chances of those odds? The year after that Jonah Williams will be going on the market, in all likelihood. Again, do you see the Bengal's extending him, based upon their past habits and unwillingness to spend big money on virtually any OL, vs. letting them walk? 

So with that said, why would a guy like Slater, who is a questionable candidate at tackle, even be a consideration? The path forward seems simple to me, if they really care about protecting Joe Burrow, and we did see a reluctance for them doing that in free agency this year...this despite losing their franchise QB and a huge need.

The Bengals need to address the OL early and often, since we are all well aware that their reluctance to spend that way in free agency will likely remain the pattern it's always been. Haven't they shown us just that to form that opinion?

20 hours ago, spicoli said:

He’s one of the most technically sound OL I’ve seen coming out of college. He just does everything right first and foremost, and then oh by the way, he has elite athleticism at his position on top of it. I think he’s can’t miss...and if he never plays anything but G, I’m good with that. 

I get what you're saying, and would agree he'll likely be an excellent guard, but I think we need something a bit more than that....someone who projects to tackle. Not mentioned in any of this is the fact that we're dealing with an injured Jonah Williams, whose rehab from an ACL tear at the end of last season, because Myles Garrett overpowered him and bulldozed him into the turf. So there's that issue too to take into consideration.

38 minutes ago, bengaled said:

The year after that Jonah Williams will be going on the market, in all likelihood. Again, do you see the Bengal's extending him, based upon their past habits and unwillingness to spend big money on virtually any OL, vs. letting them walk? 

They will definitely extend him if he's injured again this year.  

I wish I was joking.

Archived