2021 Mock Draft Simulators

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Tobin has said the Bengals will sit tight. So of course the Falcons are getting the calls. Trading down makes lots of sense for them.

Trading down makes a lot of sense for us!  This roster is more holes than not at this point. We're a fuckin lace doily.

That would, however, require effort.  The fans demand a new WR to look frustrated downfield as Burrow takes his 5th sack of the day.

You don't find elite pouting like AJ's outside of the Top 10.

Here's the RAS for our current receiving group:

Tyler Boyd RAS: 4.27

Tee Higgins RAS: 4.16

Auden Tate RAS:  1.80 (no, that is not a misprint)

Here's the RAS for Ja'Marr Chase:  9.81

Yes. we could DEFINITELY use the jolt of athleticism at that position that he offers. 

Personally, I flip back and forth between wanting Sewell and Chase - so I'll be happy either way (I lean more towards picking Chase though).  People who are convinced that it has to be one or the other just don't make sense to me - especially when they make arguments with regards to draft position.  Take this however you want (just looking at the supporting cast for the QBs of two successful teams):

Bucs:
LT: Donovan Smith - 2015 Rd 1, pick 34
LG: Ali Marpet - 2015 Rd 2, pick 61
C : Ryan Jensen - 2013 Rd 6, pick 203
RG: Aaron Stinnie - 2018 UDFA
RT: Tristan Wirfs  - 2020 Rd 1, pick 13
WR: Mike Evans - 2014 Rd1, pick 7
WR: Scotty Miller - 2019 Rd 6, pick 208
WR: Chris Godwin - 2017 Rd 3, pick 84
TE: Rob Gronkowski - 2010 Rd 2, pick 42
RB: Leonard Fournette - 2017 Rd 1, pick 4

Chiefs:
LT: Eric Fisher - 2013 Rd1, pick 1
LG: Nick Allegretti - 2019 Rd 7, pick 216
C : Austin Reiter - 2015 Rd 7, pick 222
RG: Andrew Wylie - 2017 UDFA
RT: Mike Remmers - 2012 UDFA
RG: Stefen Wisniewski - 2012 Rd 2, pick 48
WR: Demarcus Robinson - 2016 Rd 4, pick 126
WR: Tyreek Hill - 2016 Rd 5, pick 165
WR: Byron Pringle - 2018 UDFA
TE: Travis Kelce - 2013 Rd 3, pick 63
RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 2020 Rd 1, pick 32

I included the extra O-lineman for the Chiefs because they had injuries going into the Super Bowl.

TBH - Draft position can be used to argue whatever the hell you want to argue.  The Bengals need to figure out which player will provide the most benefit and go from there.  

Just for shits and giggles and watching heads explode - what if the Bengals draft WR back to back (to replace AJ Green and John Ross) and grab both of the guys from LSU in 1 & 2.  Then grab a couple of the top guys that are still out there in FA for the offensive and defensive lines (ex. Fisher / Turner / Clowney / Kerrigan / etc...) after seeing what they can grab in the 3rd - 7th rounds of the draft.  Those older / injured guys are probably going to be out there until after the draft and maybe until after June 1st when they won't impact comp picks for teams.  Sure, it's kicking the can down the road on some issues but it could be another possibility to look at.  I've done it with a few of the mock draft sites - it's not ideal, but it is interesting.

3 minutes ago, BBR said:

Personally, I flip back and forth between wanting Sewell and Chase - so I'll be happy either way (I lean more towards picking Chase though).  People who are convinced that it has to be one or the other just don't make sense to me - especially when they make arguments with regards to draft position.  Take this however you want (just looking at the supporting cast for the QBs of two successful teams):

Bucs:
LT: Donovan Smith - 2015 Rd 1, pick 34
LG: Ali Marpet - 2015 Rd 2, pick 61
C : Ryan Jensen - 2013 Rd 6, pick 203
RG: Aaron Stinnie - 2018 UDFA
RT: Tristan Wirfs  - 2020 Rd 1, pick 13
WR: Mike Evans - 2014 Rd1, pick 7
WR: Scotty Miller - 2019 Rd 6, pick 208
WR: Chris Godwin - 2017 Rd 3, pick 84
TE: Rob Gronkowski - 2010 Rd 2, pick 42
RB: Leonard Fournette - 2017 Rd 1, pick 4

Chiefs:
LT: Eric Fisher - 2013 Rd1, pick 1
LG: Nick Allegretti - 2019 Rd 7, pick 216
C : Austin Reiter - 2015 Rd 7, pick 222
RG: Andrew Wylie - 2017 UDFA
RT: Mike Remmers - 2012 UDFA
RG: Stefen Wisniewski - 2012 Rd 2, pick 48
WR: Demarcus Robinson - 2016 Rd 4, pick 126
WR: Tyreek Hill - 2016 Rd 5, pick 165
WR: Byron Pringle - 2018 UDFA
TE: Travis Kelce - 2013 Rd 3, pick 63
RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 2020 Rd 1, pick 32

I included the extra O-lineman for the Chiefs because they had injuries going into the Super Bowl.

TBH - Draft position can be used to argue whatever the hell you want to argue.  The Bengals need to figure out which player will provide the most benefit and go from there.  

Just for shits and giggles and watching heads explode - what if the Bengals draft WR back to back (to replace AJ Green and John Ross) and grab both of the guys from LSU in 1 & 2.  Then grab a couple of the top guys that are still out there in FA for the offensive and defensive lines (ex. Fisher / Turner / Clowney / Kerrigan / etc...) after seeing what they can grab in the 3rd - 7th rounds of the draft.  Those older / injured guys are probably going to be out there until after the draft and maybe until after June 1st when they won't impact comp picks for teams.  Sure, it's kicking the can down the road on some issues but it could be another possibility to look at.  I've done it with a few of the mock draft sites - it's not ideal, but it is interesting.

That would be shit without any giggles imo..

6 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Start at 7:50 into the podcast.  Interesting debate on if we should take Sewell or Chase.

https://overcast.fm/+lieoM97P4

edit: I’m not saying I necessarily agree, but here’s a brief summary if you don’t want to listen.  Also, this is from PFF so may not hold value to some.

TLDR; draft Chase.  You’re better served with an average line and a great WR.  Part of the pressure we faced was b/c WRs couldn’t get open early in their routes.  QBs hold the ball under 3 seconds on average, don’t waste draft capital/money trying to build an elite line, get the skill players. The “build the oline” way of thinking lacks creativity and isn’t well thought out for today’s game. If you have an average line that’s more than enough.

Oh, to just get to the point where we have an average line! Sadly, we are starting reserve players, but yeah, that's a nice dream. If we draft Sewell we might approach that threshold, speaking overall.

1 hour ago, Sox said:

This was posted on twitter...it supposedly took thousands of different mocks and averaged out what rounds these players  were selected in.

mockwhentaken.png

I would be happy with those (after) second round WR choices...very happy. With good blocking, for once, an improved running game, and any of a couple of those WR options, this offense could be elite, with Joe Burrow at the helm.

As for the available tackle options...those who are bona fide tackles, that can also play guard in the first year, that list scares the fuck out of me.

But it should work out well for the fantasy football types, so there's that!

3 hours ago, membengal said:

IMO, Sewell is the pick if you wanting to move Williams off LT (to LG/RT).   If you wanting someone to plug in at either slot on the right side, then Slater may make more sense, especially after a trade down 2-4 picks get at least a second & 3rd Rder.  If I thought he was gonna be there at 38, I'd probably even rather have Leatherwood (with Chase in the 1st).

Falcons Have Talked With 'Multiple Teams' About Trading Fourth Pick in 2021 NFL Draft

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/atlanta-falcons-willing-to-trade-fourth-overall-pick-in-2021-nfl-draft

So that’ll pretty much lock us into being able to grab the first non-Qb of the draft. Good spot to be in. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Here's the RAS for our current receiving group:

Tyler Boyd RAS: 4.27

Tee Higgins RAS: 4.16

Auden Tate RAS:  1.80 (no, that is not a misprint)

Here's the RAS for Ja'Marr Chase:  9.81

Yes. we could DEFINITELY use the jolt of athleticism at that position that he offers. 

The fuck is a RAS?

Here's the yards and TD's in the NFL for our current starters:

Tyler Boyd: 3,743 Yards / 19 TD's

Tee Higgins: 908 Yards / 6 TD's  (one season with trash backup QBs)

Here's the NFL stats for Ja'Marr Chase:  Whole lotta nothin'

Watching this team last year there were a lot of things I thought they needed.  A LOT of things.

Never once did I think to myself "You know what this offense needs? More RAS."  Definitely thought AJ looked like he'd checked out but it was kind of like "so what?"  WR was clearly not the issue.

If you don't know what RAS is, well, welcome to google. It's a thing. Measure of relative athleticism of players as they go through the draft process. A way to standardize and place each prospect in historical context.  Goes back to 1987, But, you do you, with the wilful ignorance. 

Is there any chance we go OL in the 1st and 2nd and completely rebuild the offensive line?  Sewell and any combo of Leatherwood, Humphrey, Dickerson would pretty much set us up for the next 4-5 years.  With Jonah, Hopkins, Reiff (one year) we’d actually have a little depth as well assuming the rookies play at least close to expectations. 

13 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Is there any chance we go OL in the 1st and 2nd and completely rebuild the offensive line?  Sewell and any combo of Leatherwood, Humphrey, Dickerson would pretty much set us up for the next 4-5 years.  With Jonah, Hopkins, Reiff (one year) we’d actually have a little depth as well assuming the rookies play at least close to expectations. 

Most tend to forget Adenijji..

Who know what plans Pollack had for him..

14 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Most tend to forget Adenijji..

Who know what plans Pollack had for him..

I totally forgot about Adeniji.  If he pans out we’re in really good shape.  The hard thing is we won’t know before the draft and we could end up with a surplus of O-linemen. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

If you don't know what RAS is, well, welcome to google. It's a thing. Measure of relative athleticism of players as they go through the draft process. A way to standardize and place each prospect in historical context.  Goes back to 1987, But, you do you, with the wilful ignorance. 

I believe I read somewhere that the Bengals use RASH 

Willful ignorance?  Because someone asked you a question?  Please don't turn this into Twitter.

RAS is another attempt to turn the qualitative to quantitative.  It's a crutch.  If you watch film you will see how athletic they are or are not. 

Well, I just learned a bit about cellular biology, so thanks for that I guess, Doc.

You can go back to thinking you know WTF you're talking about now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ras_GTPase

Archived