2021 Mock Draft Simulators

On 1/16/2021 at 3:49 PM, membengal said:

When i do a mock, I am not trying to approximate the bengals front office. But I am absolutely certain that if Sewell and chase are gone, the bengals should trade back, even if that’s out of their first round comfort zone. They do actually trade back in round 2 quite a bit.

"The last time the Bengals moved up in the draft was when they traded the fifth overall pick and their fourth pick in the second round to the Carolina Panthers for the first pick in the 1995 NFL Draft."

The abbreviated history of trading back is at https://www.google.com/amp/s/stripehype.com/2021/01/23/bengals-trade-back-far-more-often-than-up-in-nfl-draft/amp/

1992-2013 history of trades for the Bengals is at https://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/1/29/5331258/bengals-history-in-nfl-draft-trades

Roster Update For Bengals Drafts 2015-2018 (Marvin's Last 4 Drafts-37 Players)

Still With The Team (10)

CJ Uzomah

Tyler Boyd

Joe Mixon

Jordan Evans

Brandon Wilson

Mason Schreck

Billy Price

Jessie Bates III

Darius Phillips

Auden Tate

On Another Team (15)

Cedric Ogbuehi

Tyler Kroft
William Jackson III

Nick Vigil

Andrew Billings

Clayton Fejedelem
John Ross

Jordan Willis

Carl Lawson

Josh Malone

Ryan Glasgow

Jake Elliott

Davontae Harris

Andrew Brown

Logan Woodside

Not In The NFL (12)

Jake Fisher

Josh Shaw

Marcus Hardison

Derron Smith

Mario Alford

Paul Dawson

Christian Westerman

Cody Core

JJ Dielman

Malik Jefferson

Mark Walton

Rod Taylor

2 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Still With The Team (10)

CJ Uzomah

Tyler Boyd

Joe Mixon

Jordan Evans

Brandon Wilson

Mason Schreck

Billy Price

Jessie Bates III

Darius Phillips

Auden Tate

On Another Team (15)

Cedric Ogbuehi

Tyler Kroft
William Jackson III

Nick Vigil

Andrew Billings

Clayton Fejedelem
John Ross

Jordan Willis

Carl Lawson

Josh Malone

Ryan Glasgow

Jake Elliott

Davontae Harris

Andrew Brown

Logan Woodside

Not In The NFL (12)

Jake Fisher

Josh Shaw

Marcus Hardison

Derron Smith

Mario Alford

Paul Dawson

Christian Westerman

Cody Core

JJ Dielman

Malik Jefferson

Mark Walton

Rod Taylor

I don't know about anybody else but when I read the list of "Not In The NFL" the first thing that ALWAYS comes to mind when I see a former Bengal draft pick is whatever fawning praise Hobson granted them on the website.  So much smoke blown, but no fire...

20 hours ago, BBR said:

Personally, I flip back and forth between wanting Sewell and Chase - so I'll be happy either way (I lean more towards picking Chase though).  People who are convinced that it has to be one or the other just don't make sense to me - especially when they make arguments with regards to draft position.  Take this however you want (just looking at the supporting cast for the QBs of two successful teams):

Bucs:
LT: Donovan Smith - 2015 Rd 1, pick 34
LG: Ali Marpet - 2015 Rd 2, pick 61
C : Ryan Jensen - 2013 Rd 6, pick 203
RG: Aaron Stinnie - 2018 UDFA
RT: Tristan Wirfs  - 2020 Rd 1, pick 13
WR: Mike Evans - 2014 Rd1, pick 7
WR: Scotty Miller - 2019 Rd 6, pick 208
WR: Chris Godwin - 2017 Rd 3, pick 84
TE: Rob Gronkowski - 2010 Rd 2, pick 42
RB: Leonard Fournette - 2017 Rd 1, pick 4

Chiefs:
LT: Eric Fisher - 2013 Rd1, pick 1
LG: Nick Allegretti - 2019 Rd 7, pick 216
C : Austin Reiter - 2015 Rd 7, pick 222
RG: Andrew Wylie - 2017 UDFA
RT: Mike Remmers - 2012 UDFA
RG: Stefen Wisniewski - 2012 Rd 2, pick 48
WR: Demarcus Robinson - 2016 Rd 4, pick 126
WR: Tyreek Hill - 2016 Rd 5, pick 165
WR: Byron Pringle - 2018 UDFA
TE: Travis Kelce - 2013 Rd 3, pick 63
RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 2020 Rd 1, pick 32

I included the extra O-lineman for the Chiefs because they had injuries going into the Super Bowl.

TBH - Draft position can be used to argue whatever the hell you want to argue.  The Bengals need to figure out which player will provide the most benefit and go from there.  

Just for shits and giggles and watching heads explode - what if the Bengals draft WR back to back (to replace AJ Green and John Ross) and grab both of the guys from LSU in 1 & 2.  Then grab a couple of the top guys that are still out there in FA for the offensive and defensive lines (ex. Fisher / Turner / Clowney / Kerrigan / etc...) after seeing what they can grab in the 3rd - 7th rounds of the draft.  Those older / injured guys are probably going to be out there until after the draft and maybe until after June 1st when they won't impact comp picks for teams.  Sure, it's kicking the can down the road on some issues but it could be another possibility to look at.  I've done it with a few of the mock draft sites - it's not ideal, but it is interesting.

Good job but the Chiefs other regular OT was Mitchell Swartz ..2nd round..

So Tampa 2 OTs were first rounders..

KC had a 1st and 2nd ..

14 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Not many chisled 330lb olinemen ..

Some of the best physique s have been busts..

You know it..

I think he was just poking fun at the choice of removing his shirt at all, just sayin'.

But let's be fair and say - although the two guys were pretty much the exact same weight when running their 40 (~330 lbs), Smith was a gooey slob but Sewell has a "chub layer' with a very obvious tank of a body underneath.  Oh, and Sewell can move like a sumbitch, which Andre also couldn't :)

Just now, HavePityPlease said:

I think he was just poking fun at the choice of removing his shirt at all, just sayin'.

But let's be fair and say - although the two guys were pretty much the exact same weight when running their 40 (~330 lbs), Smith was a gooey slob and Sewell has a "chub layer' with a various obvious tank of a body underneath.  Oh, and Sewell can move like a sumbitch, which Andre also couldn't :)

At 20 hes going to get bigger and stronger..

I can assume Pollack was impressed

with what he saw from Sewell..

4 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

But let's be fair and say - although the two guys were pretty much the exact same weight when running their 40 (~330 lbs), Smith was a gooey slob but Sewell has a "chub layer' with a various obvious tank of a body underneath.  Oh, and Sewell can move like a sumbitch, which Andre also couldn't :)

Yes, and making a little dig at the Smith haters.

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

I don't know about anybody else but when I read the list of "Not In The NFL" the first thing that ALWAYS comes to mind when I see a former Bengal draft pick is whatever fawning praise Hobson granted them on the website.  So much smoke blown, but no fire...

Hello, Malik Jefferson... All that speed, all that free pizza

2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Still With The Team (10)

CJ Uzomah

Tyler Boyd

Joe Mixon

Jordan Evans

Brandon Wilson

Mason Schreck

Billy Price

Jessie Bates III

Darius Phillips

Auden Tate

On Another Team (15)

Cedric Ogbuehi

Tyler Kroft
William Jackson III

Nick Vigil

Andrew Billings

Clayton Fejedelem
John Ross

Jordan Willis

Carl Lawson

Josh Malone

Ryan Glasgow

Jake Elliott

Davontae Harris

Andrew Brown

Logan Woodside

Not In The NFL (12)

Jake Fisher

Josh Shaw

Marcus Hardison

Derron Smith

Mario Alford

Paul Dawson

Christian Westerman

Cody Core

JJ Dielman

Malik Jefferson

Mark Walton

Rod Taylor

Fwiw, Josh Shaw was reinstated by the NFL this offseason so he may be in a camp this summer.  Malik Jefferson played last year and is simply out of contract at the moment. 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Good job but the Chiefs other regular OT was Mitchell Swartz ..2nd round..

So Tampa 2 OTs were first rounders..

KC had a 1st and 2nd ..

And Tampa was missing Alex Cappa who started at guard for them. He was a 3rd round pick but broke his ankle in the playoff game vs Washington.

18 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Is there any chance we go OL in the 1st and 2nd and completely rebuild the offensive line?  Sewell and any combo of Leatherwood, Humphrey, Dickerson would pretty much set us up for the next 4-5 years.  With Jonah, Hopkins, Reiff (one year) we’d actually have a little depth as well assuming the rookies play at least close to expectations. 

I would love that scenario and it's my preference....Sewell and Dickerson, both game changing type prospects. But with that said, they would never do something like that. I would likely need to go to the ER if they did. I'd be in shock. If they didn't have their heads up their collective asses, they'd realize their futures reside in protecting their franchise, their potentially greatest of all the time of their existence QB, Joe Burrow. Yeah, he's that special. Are they smart enough to take the steps to secure his well being....nah, I doubt it!

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I hope that matters.

5 minutes ago, bengaled said:

their futures reside in protecting their franchise, their potentially greatest of all the time of their existence QB, Joe Burrow. Yeah, he's that special. Are they smart enough to take the steps to secure his well being....nah, I doubt it!

Given their willingness to throw him to the wolves last season & that the big improvement for this one is a solidly average 32-year old RT that can't run block very well..

magic8ball.jpg

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

At 20 hes going to get bigger and stronger..

So think about this...if he's 20 now, and he sat out the year as a 19 year old; his Outland Trophy Award winning performance that he's being heavily critiqued on was while he was while he was just 18 years old. 

26 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

FYI only - Pat Kirwan talked Bengals today and said he would take Pitts over Sewell or Chase. Called him a matchup nightmare

I cannot see them doing this nor do I think it's the right move BUT I have been saying all along that a top tier TE would benefit Joe Burrow more than any other skill position. I think with a guy like Pitts he would absolutely shred defenses. 

Archived