2021 Mock Draft Simulators

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Indeed. And why the Chase crowd is pointing to the lack of options if we don't go Chase at 5. In THIS draft, the depth at WR is not where we wish it was. 

So get a WR next year.. or realize Higgins is perfectly capable and it's not remotely the pressing need some people thought it was.

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So get a WR next year.. or realize Higgins is perfectly capable and it's not remotely the pressing need some people thought it was.

Even if you do think Tee can be a 1, we still need another outside guy for 3 wide sets, which they will run a lot this year. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even if you do think Tee can be a 1, we still need another outside guy for 3 wide sets, which they will run a lot this year. 

3 wide is essentially our base offense.  On top of that we have zero depth at the moment.  

It's cool, drafting a WR in the Top 10 after a season in which they were on pace to have the most-sacked rookie QB in NFL history (before the inevitable injury) is the Bengals Way.

We can always take an OT in the top 10 next year!

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

It's cool, drafting a WR in the Top 10 after a season in which they were on pace to have the most-sacked rookie QB in NFL history (before the inevitable injury) is the Bengals Way.

We can always take an OT in the top 10 next year!

“We are comfortable with who we have”

I have no issue with picking Chase or Pitts but just have little confidence we will commit to drafting OL in 2 and 3 . This team does BPA and they , for the most part, let players fall to them which means some other position player may be available and they will once again ignore the OL. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Crazy how Chase is the only one of those in the entire draft class

Chase isn’t the only one. But he’s the only one worth taking at 5.  There might be 1 guy who makes it to 38 who contributes a lot early, and very few, if any, from 69 on. At OL on the other hand there will be good players at 38 and 69. 

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

BS.  You've got a QB like Burrow and you're gonna give him just two solid WR's (one is a slot).  You're one turned ankle from being down to one.

You don't have to take a receiver at 5, but you do need one early (and I would argue another reserve slot later if the right one is there).

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Chase isn’t the only one. But he’s the only one worth taking at 5.  There might be 1 guy who makes it to 38 who contributes a lot early, and very few, if any, from 69 on. At OL on the other hand there will be good players at 38 and 69. 

I'm not sure why this is so tough for people to grasp.

Matt Miller is releasing individual scouting reports to his subscribers. I am not going to put them all here, but he did release his report on Chase today, so I will paste that. I don't think he has done any for o-line yet, but when he does I will put Sewell's up here too.

Name: Ja’Marr Chase

Position: WR

College: LSU

Height: 6’0 3/8"

Weight: 201 lbs (pro day)

Overall Rank: No. 2 overall

Position Rank: WR1

Strengths: Chase is the ideal combination of body control, strength, physicality, speed and overall athleticism. Despite not having elite height, he’s a monster in traffic because he’s strong enough to out-position defenders and has elite vertical jump skills. Against SEC defenders in 2019, before he opted out of the 2020 season, Chase showed the speed to separate over the top of defenses (see Florida and Alabama games) when facing man coverage. He’s a WR1 from Day 1 on an NFL team. In 2019, as a 19-year-old, Chase scored 20 touchdowns and won the Fred Biletnikoff Award as the nation’s best receiver. He is scheme-proof and can fit into any role playing outside and inside receiver.

Weaknesses: There isn’t much to write here. Chase isn’t amazing in terms of open-field quickness and elusiveness. That might be it.

What I Love: Few wide receiver prospects combine Chase’s physicality, aggressiveness and athleticism. He’s super-aggressive and competitive but also has the speed to blow past defenders. He’s rare.

NFL Comparison: Amari Cooper

Grade: 97/100

Position Specific Traits:
(key: +, ++, +++ positive scale | -, - -, - - - negative scale)

Agility: ++
Big Plays: +++
Hands: ++
Jumping: +++
Route-Running: +++
Speed: ++
Strength: +++

However, one player who is rising up draft boards rapidly is Louisiana Tech defensive tackle Milton Williams. According to Pauline, “Milton Williams is getting late first-round grades from some teams.”

As Pauline explains, that doesn’t mean he’s going to be a first-round pick. Still, he alludes to the Dallas Cowboys considering him as an option with the 44th pick “if he’s still there.” The possibility of him not being available at that early stage of the second round raises the possibility that he sneaks into the back end of the first round.

29 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

“...The possibility of him [Milton Williams] not being available at that early stage of the second round raises the possibility that he sneaks into the back end of the first round.”

Strange wording.  The possibility of him not being available early in the second round RAISES the possibility that he is drafted in the first round???

🤪

41 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

However, one player who is rising up draft boards rapidly is Louisiana Tech defensive tackle Milton Williams. According to Pauline, “Milton Williams is getting late first-round grades from some teams.”

As Pauline explains, that doesn’t mean he’s going to be a first-round pick. Still, he alludes to the Dallas Cowboys considering him as an option with the 44th pick “if he’s still there.” The possibility of him not being available at that early stage of the second round raises the possibility that he sneaks into the back end of the first round.

He has been a 4th or 5th round staple on all of the simulations I did.  Didn't think that would hold.

Archived