2021 Mock Draft Simulators

1 minute ago, membengal said:

This is hilarious!  This guy both implies that Orlando Brown is a FRANCHISE OT (wtf???) AND that Baltimore is KC's STRONGEST COMPETITOR??  🤣

He tops it all off by throwing WR in there for no apparent reason like we're just supposed to believe that has anything to do with this trade at all?  

A much, much better take would be:

1. KC wants a known quantity that can block for them, and they're convinced that picks 31, 94 and 136 won't get them that in this draft (a pretty shitty reality if you're relying on that after round one to fill out your OL, right?)
  2. Baltimore realizes they don't need to pay a large portion of their cap on a capable - but old-school slow - OT, when they've finally come to the realization that if they're riding with Jackson they're riding with running wide.

Next.

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

The fact that you believe taking Sewell is the only way to keep that from happening just seems crazy to me. 

Taking Sewell does a hell of a lot more to keep that from happening than not taking Sewell. Pretty simple.

12 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

This is hilarious!  This guy both implies that Orlando Brown is a FRANCHISE OT (wtf???) AND that Baltimore is KC's STRONGEST COMPETITOR??  🤣

The lengths people will go to in order to rationalize taking a WR over OL help keep getting more absurd.

I would gladly trade you a bucket full of fresh grade A king crab legs for a peanut butter sandwich.

Obviously those two things must be of equal value, right?

No.  I'm allergic to shellfish.  Ya fuckin doorstop.

58 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The lengths people will go to in order to rationalize taking a WR over OL help keep getting more absurd.

I would gladly trade you a bucket full of fresh grade A king crab legs for a peanut butter sandwich.

Obviously those two things must be of equal value, right?

No.  I'm allergic to shellfish.  Ya fuckin doorstop.

Allways enjoyed grilled pb and apple sliced sandwich..

Put bacon bits on some ..

PB and a delicious jam combo..

PB and tomati soup...

Im starting to feel like the shrimp guy in Forrest Gump...

Shrimp and peanut butter...naw

Thank you Geirge Washington Carver..

Why does everyone think the Bengals will go OL if Chase is drafted at 5? Isn't it just as likely that someone falls (always happens) at another position we need (like DE) and he gets picked because "value". Now you've pushed OL down to the third round or later. But that's OK because we can get other teams castoffs for 1 year rental deals, or if (when)Bobby Hart gets cuts we can get him for longer as he knows the system.

After a couple of years of this, Burrow will laugh in the Bengals face when they come to him for an extension. If he's not dead. Or  crippled.

10 hours ago, bengaled said:

Bullshit, what makes you think the Bengals would ever enter into the expected $14-16M range (or greater) that it will take to sign someone like Reiff next year....past history? This is just wishful, fanboy thinking on your part. I'm sure you don't really believe that shit, do you?

They resigned Andrew Whitworth to a big contract once.  Were you not paying attention?

BTW, I don’t agree with picking Chase, I just think that is who the pick will be.  

Yeah, Reiff is a place marker/bridge OT but re-signing him for a year

and going for a top tier OT next year would be more like long range 

thinking and planning.

Besides, there will be more cap money and we will be able to move

on after getting out from under, say, Billy "The Financial Albatorss" Price's

salary ... probably Uzoma and some other dead wood with more cap space.

Right now I think the team will improve next year and go as far as Burrow will

take them before being injured but I think The Best Choice(s) and The Bengals

Choices will be two different thing.

15 hours ago, SF2 said:

Williams would have played most of the season if it mattered. Once Burrow was gone and the team out of the playoffs, they simply shut him down.  

It isn’t a one year strategy.  If Reiff plays well we extend him.  He is on a one year deal due to Covid Salary cap just like a lot of players. 

Williams has had less than a full season of playing while being in the league for 2 years. If he could have played later in last season, he should have been on the field. The offseason is plenty long enough for recovery. But I think he couldn't play well at the end of the year and relying on him to stay healthy all this year is a big roll of the dice.

Bengals could have signed Reiff to a longer deal if they were willing to pay. But they weren't. When Reiff hits free agency next year there's no particular reason to expect him back, especially if the team uses a high pick on an OT.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Besides, there will be more cap money and we will be able to move

on after getting out from under, say, Billy "The Financial Albatorss" Price's

salary ... probably Uzoma and some other dead wood with more cap space.

I think maybe the Bengals are counting on Pollack to resurrect Price's career, that way they can justify going light on the oline. Helluva chance to take tho.

10 minutes ago, gupps said:

I think maybe the Bengals are counting on Pollack to resurrect Price's career, that way they can justify going light on the oline. Helluva chance to take tho.

Considering they put the life of JB in the hands of ass hat Turner last year, the Pollack situation at least has a better chance of success. Hopefully Pollack have the team an honest assessment of the players we had and not bullshit like “Hart has good potential “

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals could have signed Reiff to a longer deal if they were willing to pay. But they weren't.

You don't know that. When you look at all of the one year contracts that got signed league-wide, he very well could have told them that was all he was willing to sign as well.. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

So less than 1/3? I don't think that's making the point you or he thinks he's making. Let me break it down like this: Burrow gets sacked 19 times, or he gets sacked 41 times. 

WR was not the issue.

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

WR was not the issue.

WR's not being able to separate from DB's is actually a big part of the issue. 

They can take Chase and still fix the OL...those things aren't mutually exclusive. Not sure why that's so hard to wrap your head around. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They can take Chase and still fix the OL...those things aren't mutually exclusive. Not sure why that's so hard to wrap your head around. 

Yup

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Taking Chase solves this supposed problem?  How?  If the other WR's on our team can't get open, teams will simply erase Chase.  You actually expect Chase to be a better separator and better at getting open than AJ Green?  Is that really the position one gets to from that statistic from Minich?

And as T-Dub said, the stat is pretty meaningless and for people who watch the games shouldn't be an indication of anything other than teams were able to avoid blitzing because of how shit our o-line was.  How many of those were man-to-man?  What's the league average for percentage-of-sack-due-to-coverage?  What was the percentage on a team with good receivers?

Here's a counter example:

The Falcons allowed 8 sacks against the Saints in November.  The article below breaks each of them down and, the team themselves admits there were a number of them that were coverage sacks, let's agree at least 1/3rd?  

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/a-look-at-all-eight-sacks-falcons-allowed-against-the-saints/SV5O3VBDSJFFPIPWOTSEKBBMVE/

So we're saying Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley are shit and need to be replaced?  Is that what we should figure?

Edit:  I will point out that if anyone actually agrees with this take, it's a MUCH better argument that the Bengals should take Pitts, not Chase.

5 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Is that what we should figure?

Yep they all suck, replace every one of them! 

Once again, Chase is easily one of the two best position players in this draft, is there some reason we can’t take one of the best players available AND still bring in more OL?  This whole “take Sewell or Burrows career is over” nonsense is just getting crazier by the day. 

10 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yep they all suck, replace every one of them! 

Once again, Chase is easily one of the two best position players in this draft, is there some reason we can’t take one of the best players available AND still bring in more OL?  This whole “take Sewell or Burrows career is over” nonsense is just getting crazier by the day. 

Who said take Sewell or his career is over?  So far I've seen you and membengal accuse others of saying that, but no one who actually wants Sewell saying it (not that it hasn't been said by any of them).

Since you quoted me, I'll point out once again what I've stated many times:  I'm only on the side of improving the OL.  I actually would rather they do it with good vets but they're not going to so they have to do it with the draft.  If they stay at 5, yes, I think Sewell is the best OL they can get (they might not agree, and if they take Slater instead I for one won't be bothered by it at all).  My actual wish is they trade down, get more picks, and take the best OL they can get.

And as far as Joe's career, it is my belief that if they don't drastically improve their OL play - by all of personnel, system, coaching and depth - Joe's career is in jeopardy.  I'm not using anything but history and facts/evidence to reach that conclusion, which is strange to characterize as nonsense.

3 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

And as far as Joe's career, it is my belief that if they don't drastically improve their OL play - by all of personnel, system, coaching and depth - Joe's career is in jeopardy.  I'm not using anything but history and facts/evidence to reach that conclusion, which is strange to characterize as nonsense.

Well you know that's not likely to happen so you might as well get started with the grieving process now..

35 minutes ago, spicoli said:

On a normal team we can all agree this is true. But with this mgmt group they can't seem to fix one large hole without creating another. And for some reason they cant even fix two holes at once when they had an open and 'cheap' FA market. 

Lets not forget the Reiff signing came later in FA - if Minn does not cut him what would be the state of the OL today? If they had paid premium dollars to one of the very good OG's at least it would have sent a message

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Lets not forget the Reiff signing came later in FA - if Minn does not cut him what would be the state of the OL today? If they had paid premium dollars to one of the very good OG's at least it would have sent a message

I actually don't believe they're done adding FA's and I'm gonna say they'll likely be bringing in another vet on the OL sometime soon after the draft. 

Just now, spicoli said:

Well you know that's not likely to happen so you might as well get started with the grieving process now..

Which part?  They've already changed the coach and the system, they've admitted they expect to address OL early.  Depth is maybe the only one, the depth is shit and they'd have to make multiple picks to get there, but even if they don't address it you're instead praying for health not "grieving".  The only question is if the personnel is adequate, hence my desire for them to go all-in.

Are you ok man?  You seem really upset about all this...

Archived