Super Bowl Too Many Roman Numerals Thread

• Le Tigre changed the title to Super Bowl Too Many Roman Numerals Thread
1 hour ago, bentheprop said:

Living right by Buffalo I must admit that I was more than a little excited with the idea of the Bills making it to the SB just to lose to Tom Brady. Watching all the Bills fans I know having meltdowns would have been hilarious.

Same...dealing with the insufferable "Bills Mafia" around Rochester was bad enough, had to be even worse the closer you got to Buff

12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Buccaneers Will Be First Team in NFL History to Play Super Bowl at Home Stadium

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/01/25/tampa-bay-buccaneers-first-nfl-team-play-super-bowl-home-stadium

Just for fun: name the next closest team to their home stadium to play in a SB. 

Was it the Bengals when the SB was in Detroit?

22 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Buccaneers Will Be First Team in NFL History to Play Super Bowl at Home Stadium

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/01/25/tampa-bay-buccaneers-first-nfl-team-play-super-bowl-home-stadium

Just for fun: name the next closest team to their home stadium to play in a SB. 

Have the Rams played a Superbowl at the Rose Bowl?

The Brady knob slobbing today is amazing. 3 picks, should have been 4, and a  gift touchdown and the media are acting like he played great.   Their defense and the drops and fumbles by the Packers’ wideouts is why they won. 

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Was it the Bengals when the SB was in Detroit?

I believe you are the winner. The Pontiac Silverdome is/was 292 miles from where Riverfront used to sit (now Great American Ball Park).

The next closest one I could locate, was SB XI (Oakland-Minnesota) Rose Bowl Pasadena. Oakland Alameda County Coliseum is 369 miles from the Rose Bowl. 

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Have the Rams played a Superbowl at the Rose Bowl?

They have! SB XIV vs Stealers. 

Their home stadium was the LA Memorial Coliseum, 14 miles (via 110) to the Rose Bowl. 

The Bengals fall to second on the closest to sweepstakes.  

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

They have! SB XIV vs Stealers. 

Their home stadium was the LA Memorial Coliseum, 14 miles (via 110) to the Rose Bowl. 

The Bengals fall to second on the closest to sweepstakes.  

The Niners played SB XIX at Stanford Stadium in Palo Alto, approximately 35 miles from SF.

25,000 will attend the Super Bowl

The NFL says the final attendance number at Super Bowl LV will be 25,000.

That’s an increase over the 22,500 the league had previously indicated that Raymond James Stadium would be able to seat safely while practicing recommended COVID-19 safety guidelines.

All fans will be given masks and hand sanitizer when they enter the stadium and will be required to wear masks throughout the game.

Among the 25,000 in attendance will be 7,500 vaccinated health care workers who were given free tickets by the NFL.

The league also plans to have 30,000 cutouts in the stands. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/02/25000-will-attend-the-super-bowl/

I don't think it is fair to discount pre-super bowl champions. Since the Super Bowl is nothing more than the NFL Championships, they still count. I use this argument with steeler fans and "we have more than anyone bs" 

I was going to post the list, but it is rather large.  Link instead. 

Professional American football championship games - Wikipedia

Archived