Super Bowl Too Many Roman Numerals Thread

For those attending, or hosting a party, the CDC has issued guidelines:

Attending the Super Bowl

Image of people in a stadium cheering

Attending large gatherings like the Super Bowl increases your risk of getting and spreading COVID-19. The safest way to watch the Super Bowl this year is at home with people you live with. If you choose to attend the Super Bowl or a large Super Bowl event, like a watch party this year, follow these steps to make yourself safer:

• Call the venue to ensure that they have steps in place to prevent the spread of the virus.
  • Follow signage at the venue to allow for social distancing.
  • Arrive to the venue early to avoid crowding and congested areas.
Image of people standing outside of a stadium
  • Avoid using restroom facilities or concession areas at high traffic times, such as half-time or immediately at the end of the event.
  • Avoid chanting or cheering. Stomp, clap, or bring hand-held noisemakers instead.
  • Wear masks at all times.
  • Use touchless payment methods at the venue when available.
  • Limit alcohol consumption. Consuming alcohol may make you less likely to follow COVID-19 safety measures.
  • Minimize the time you spend in the restaurant, bar or concession area. The longer you stay, the more you increase your risk.

Looking ahead to next Super Bowl...I guess we don't even need to watch next year 😩

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-super-bowl-odds-lvi-2022

Bengals Have Lowest Odds to Win Super Bowl Next Season
Oddsmakers aren't high on the Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals 75/1

Denver Broncos 75/1

Detroit Lions 75/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 75/1

New York Jets 75/1

6 hours ago, Griever said:

Looking ahead to next Super Bowl...I guess we don't even need to watch next year 😩

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-super-bowl-odds-lvi-2022

Bengals Have Lowest Odds to Win Super Bowl Next Season
Oddsmakers aren't high on the Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals 75/1

Denver Broncos 75/1

Detroit Lions 75/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 75/1

New York Jets 75/1

We’re tied for 28th best...  😉

🦗

The Chiefs have a massive problem coming. Their outside linebackers coach is Andy Reid's son, and apparently the kid was involved in a multi-vehicle accident last night - and perhaps had been drinking - and a five-year-old kid is in critical condition. He's not going to Tampa. Obviously, thoughts to the child and his family. 

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, it will be a big distraction for the Chiefs. Another of Andy Reid's sons ODed.

Yikes. Thought I remembered that happening.  Figure KC already had an uphill battle overcoming this designated victory lap for Marsha but this surely doesn't help matters. 

Does an MVA mean more than 2? Dude must have been totally out of control.

48 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

All that matters in Kansas City is that 5-year-old child, and honesty. Not football

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article249060995.html

Unfortunately for most Chiefs (or any) fans, that is not true.  It should be. 

In a tangential way, I was recalling that morning 32 years ago while sitting on a South Beach veranda and hearing about what had occurred the night before. 

While horrifying, the fan in me wasn’t overly concerned about what the effect would be on the Bengals themselves. I was just thinking that in a few hours, I was going to be watching in person my team play and (totally convinced) win a SB. After all, it was just a backup running back for crying out loud. I remember wishing him well, and sort of forgetting about it. 

Of course, time and accounts of that effect on the team that day, did impress on me that sport teams are comprised of human beings, and that individual and corporate emotions can be a considerable influence on how they function. Most certainly, the tragic event for the Chiefs will be an influence on them. Whether they win or lose, it is going to be there. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Unfortunately for most Chiefs (or any) fans, that is not true.  It should be. 

Eh, it's the easiest and cheapest column in the world so some KC sportswriter couldn't restrain himself. Certainly for people who know the child, there is no comparison. But for people who are invested in the Chiefs emotionally, it's not wrong to hope they win while hoping the child recovers. It's a bit like when Clare Booth Luce said she cared more about her pet parakeet than a child she'd never met starving on the other side of the world. Initial reaction was scandalized, then on reflection most people admitted they were the same. 

On 2/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, Le Tigre said:

Super Bowl 2021: Patriots owner Robert Kraft rooting for Tom Brady to win championship with Buccaneers

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2021-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-rooting-for-tom-brady-to-win-championship-with-buccaneers/

Kraft will be watching the game in his suite at the Purple Orchid while getting a handjob massage.

39 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Typical but what a total crock of low class shit.

I am probably in the minority but I am not watching the Super Bowl for any number of reasons but this simply adds to it.

Mainly I am not the least bit interested.  An overhyped Brady/Rogers knobslobberfest.

Among other things.

Binge watching "Goliath" (again) on Amazon Prime.

Bengals or fuck 'em.

13 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I am probably in the minority but I am not watching the Super Bowl for any number of reasons but this simply adds to it.

Mainly I am not the least bit interested.  An overhyped Brady/Rogers knobslobberfest.

Among other things.

Bengals or fuck 'em.

Riley isn’t in the Hall of Fame because the Browns are universally despised  and openly mocked.  This is the easiest way to remind ownership how little regard anyone in power cares about them.

Nobody should ever want play here when nobody respects anything about the club.  Even a great player like Riley gets the silent treatment. 

47 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Among other things.

Bengals or fuck 'em.

The Bengals did win a big Bowl a couple of minutes ago. They won the Kitten Bowl and just accepted the trophy...

Archived