Super Bowl Too Many Roman Numerals Thread

8 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Tom Brady has won more Super Bowls than the Titans, Chargers, Vikings, Jaguars, Texans, Lions, Browns, Bengals, Panthers, Bills, Falcons, Cardinals, Eagles, Seahawks, Saints, Jets, Rams and Bears COMBINED.

If we won those 7 as a Bengal he would probably need 1 more to make sure he got in the HOF

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

And only when their MRI's are read properly.

Not gonna lie, every time Shaq Barrett got to Mahomes, I was salty, knowing he should have been playing here.

Just think how good Shaq would be without that bum shoulder.

:ninja: 

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

KC got beat, plain and simple. 

Another record they noted is that Brady has now won more Super Bowls then Mike Brown has watched

They did, but the refereeing was terrible.  There were at least two calls in the core scoring "section" of the game (late first/early second quarter) that were complete horseshit that would have meant a punt.  The game was still close at the time and it sent the game into a tailspin for the Chiefs. Would they still have lost anyway?  Almost certainly yes.  My only point was that it was a shitty game to watch because it wasn't really a "battle" in that scoring period when up to then it had been (in other words, KC's defense was doing fine up until then).

I thought the same thing as those Twitter posters - this looks like our OL out there for the Chiefs.  It was that bad for them.  For those who didn't watch, Mahomes looked EXACTLY like Joe did against good teams - almost immediately forced to bail out and run and try to find a way to make a play.  As the game wore on it only got worse.  To be honest I also blame the KC coaches because they knew they weren't going to have their starting tackles and they also knew Tampa has one of the scariest DL's out there.  So why still try to hang on to the medium-to-long passing game?  The Bengals at least figured out they had to do mostly short passes to survive.  It seemed like KC had nothing once Hill was effectively taken out of the game by the pass rush, so the only guy you have in a manageable route is Kelce? And thus TB can key on/bracket him?  Seemed like a failed game plan to me.

Once again, the proof is in the pudding. A good offensive line and a good defensive line is crucial to win. Plain and simple. If the Bengals were smart, which we all know they're not, they'd do exactly what I've been saying...release Atkins, Hart, Finney, Bernard and Uzomah and load up like a mofo on both lines. Create a pass rush, stop the run and protect your QB and good things will happen.

33 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Once again, the proof is in the pudding. A good offensive line and a good defensive line is crucial to win. Plain and simple. If the Bengals were smart, which we all know they're not, they'd do exactly what I've been saying...release Atkins, Hart, Finney, Bernard and Uzomah and load up like a mofo on both lines. Create a pass rush, stop the run and protect your QB and good things will happen.

The good news is Paul Brown knew this and drilled it into his sons head. 

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

To be honest I also blame the KC coaches because they knew they weren't going to have their starting tackles and they also knew Tampa has one of the scariest DL's out there.  So why still try to hang on to the medium-to-long passing game?  

Their play calling made no sense to me.  Bad combination of scared and desperate. 

Archived