Roster Since Taylor was hired

Thought this was an interesting way to view the Roster. Here are all of the guys who arrived or re-signed since Taylor did wo are under contract for 2021. 

Orange-2020 Draft pick

Yellow-2019 Draft pick

Gray-2020 UDFA/Futures contract

Pink-Signed/Extended 2020

Purple-Signed/Extended 2019

QB Burrow 25   Finley 23 Shurmur  
RB Mixon 25     Williams 23 Patrick
WR Higgins 24     Irwin  
WR Boyd 24     Washington  
WR          
TE Uzomah 22 Sample 23     Wilcox
LT Williams 24 Adeniji 24      
LG   Jordan 23      
C Hopkins 23 Finney 22      
RG Su'a-Filo 23 Johnson 22 Calhoun    
RT   Hart 22 Prince 24    

K   Seibert 23      
P          
LS   Godsil      

LE   Kareem 24 Akinmoladun    
LT Reader 24 Wren 23   McKenzie  
RT   Tupou 22      
RE   Bledsoe 22      
SLB Pratt 23        
MLB Wilson 24     Jones  
WLB Davis-Gaither 24 Bailey 24      
S Bell 23     Henderson  
S          
CB Waynes 23     Rose  
CB       Lewis  
CB       Davis  

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/2/1/22258726/bengals-seeking-advice-for-rebuilding-the-offensive-line

Bengals’ management knows they need to rebuild the o-line around Joe Burrow. But they are also limited in terms of scouts and personnel.

According to Bengals insider Ace Boogie, the front office will turn to former players, like Willie Anderson and perhaps Andrew Whitworth, and even former o-line coach Paul Alexander to get their takes on players they’re looking at.

The first interesting insight Boogie shared was that the Bengals rely heavily on internships to find front office talent: “I’ve heard that it’s a pretty tight-knit group in terms of the scouting and just the front office in general. ... They definitely keep a staff that they’ve kinda grown from interns from what I hear. So, there’s a lot of interns that have worked with the Bengals over the years, and they kind of get promoted.”

He also mentioned that they utilize Pro Football Focus’ services to obtain information on prospects.

For the most part, though, he said, it is the scouts and Duke Tobin involved in the evaluation process. “They do talk to the coaches in terms of getting their input on what kind of guys they’re looking for,” he added.

Then the conversation got interesting. Boogie revealed how much the Bengals rely on the loyalty and free advice of former players and coaches:

“I think they’ve always kind of respected certain minds when it comes to certain things. They’ve reached out to former players. I’m not going to say that they will specifically do that. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they reached out to Andrew Whitworth. I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked Willie Anderson some of his opinions or guys that they know are close to some of these prospects. ... I think that Paul Alexander will probably be a guy that they’ll lean on in terms of how they feel about it.”

It is somewhat amazing to think that Alexander, who hasn’t coached for the team since 2018, would be asked to provide his opinion. The Bengals, of course, relied heavily on Alexander to help with scouting during his long tenure with the team.

After the Ogbueheehee disaster they should have lost Alexander's contact info forever... but it's MB, this is no surprise.  But Whitworth?  Really?  Isn't that entirely against league rules to both ask for help and for Whitworth to give it?  Who is Whitworth associating with in college, and how do the Bengals know about it?  Do they just text him and say

MB: "Hey Andrew, how goes?  Got any hot prospects you've been following?"

AW: "New number who dis?"

MB: "It is your old friend and boss, Michael Brown.  Dartmouth College QB, Harvard Law.  Owner and General Manager of the Cincinnati Ben-"

*You have been blocked

Archived