Bengals putting up a Ring of Honor? Yes! It's now official!

BTW - If you look at the names in the original photo you'll see that the fonts correspond to different eras.  That's why I've convinced myself that the "Anderson" in the photo is Willie, not Kenny.

Of course Kenny would be on the RoH, its just that of the three names on the Club Level façade captured in the leaked photo, his wasnt one of them.  He might be on the other side of the stadium with two additional names, he might be further to the left or right outside of the photo... but the font used during his era and Willie's era were different, and that modern take on "Anderson" is the newer one.

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Ehh.. pass.  Let the numbers stay.  I think it’s great to see guys resurrect classic Bengal numbers. Those three are big shoes to fill though. 

I agree with not retiring the numbers but there should be a standard to have it awarded. 

11 hours ago, tibor75 said:

It's a stupid idea given it's the worst franchise in modern NFL history, but clueless fans will be enthralled.

Seriously?  If you ever want the Bengals to become a winning franchise one step you can take is to recognize those that went above and beyond standard performance on an annual basis.

19 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I really wish the Mods would take the trash out.

Meh,  we  are certainly much closer to the worst than the best.  I am sure there are plenty of Detroit fans that realize their franchise is the worst in the NFL. 

55 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Houston says "hold my beer"

Six playoff appearances in the last 10 years?  They have won 4 playoff games in the last 10 years.  Watson and Watt crying about THEIR inability to win the SECOND playoff game is rather laughable.    Their last 10 years have been LIGHT years better than the one and done 0 for 5 playoff Bengals.   They were 10-6 LAST FUCKING year and won a playoff game.  They put up 31 points against the Chiefs last year in the playoffs. 

The cold hard fact is the WOKE media now are demanding certain players be allowed to simply demand their release because they are "special", even if they JUST signed (NOT AT GUNPOINT)  an extension with $110 mil GUARANTEED.  They want to turn the NFL into the NBA.  

Jets would have been a better choice for worst franchise but they did play in back to back AFC Championships in 2009-10.  

Seriously, its Detroit than us.  It is simply the truth.   Doesn't mean you have to hate or turn you back on your hometown team but it is still the reality.   The Bengals are a terrible organization.  Nobody says anything about Detroit or Cincy because it is just taken for granted.  Bad small market teams are easy to ignore. 

On 2/11/2021 at 10:18 AM, BengalFanInTO said:

So, who would you put in a Bengals Ring of Honor? I believe the Cowboys have a total of 21 people in theirs. Do you start with a full ring? I don't think so but could be wrong. I'd suggest Munoz is a guarantee but, who after that?

Probable Locks: Anthony Munoz, Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason, Ken Riley, Isaac Curtis, Bob Trumpy, Lamar Parrish, Chris Collinsworth,  Bob Johnson, Reggie Williams, AJ Green, Willie Anderson, Andrew Whitworth, Tim Krumrie, Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche, Chad Johnson

Debatable: Tommy Casanova, Ross Browner, Eddie Edwards, Boobie Clark, James Brooks, Max Montoya, Bill Bergey, Dan Ross, Corey Dillon, David Fulcher, Rodney Holman, Essex Johnson, Louis Breeden, Eddie Brown, Rudi Johnson, Carson Palmer, Jim Breech, Shayne Graham, Doug Pelfrey, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Ickey Woods, Pat MacInally, Mike Reid, Al Beauchamp, Coy Bacon, Greg Myers, Dave Lapham, Chip Myers, Takeo Spikes, Lee Johnson, Kevin Huber

Ring of Honorable Mention: Greg Cook

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Six playoff appearances in the last 10 years?  They have won 4 playoff games in the last 10 years.  Watson and Watt crying about THEIR inability to win the SECOND playoff game is rather laughable.    Their last 10 years have been LIGHT years better than the one and done 0 for 5 playoff Bengals.   They were 10-6 LAST FUCKING year and won a playoff game.  They put up 31 points against the Chiefs last year in the playoffs. 

The cold hard fact is the WOKE media now are demanding certain players be allowed to simply demand their release because they are "special", even if they JUST signed (NOT AT GUNPOINT)  an extension with $110 mil GUARANTEED.  They want to turn the NFL into the NBA.  

Jets would have been a better choice for worst franchise but they did play in back to back AFC Championships in 2009-10.  

Seriously, its Detroit than us.  It is simply the truth.   Doesn't mean you have to hate or turn you back on your hometown team but it is still the reality.   The Bengals are a terrible organization.  Nobody says anything about Detroit or Cincy because it is just taken for granted.  Bad small market teams are easy to ignore. 

Cleveland may have won a playoff game but I would put them along with Detroit and Cincinnati. 

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Cleveland may have won a playoff game but I would put them along with Detroit and Cincinnati. 

I would put Cleveland 2nd to last for sure.  We are certainly better than the Browns the last 30 years.  Not exactly a high bar. 

18 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I would put Cleveland 2nd to last for sure.  We are certainly better than the Browns the last 30 years.  Not exactly a high bar. 

I think Cleveland has finally gotten a coaching staff that, for the most part, knows what they are doing...and is ready to capitalize on all of the early draft picks they’ve had recently and their cap space.  😕

6 hours ago, snarkster said:

Probable Locks: Anthony Munoz, Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason, Ken Riley, Isaac Curtis, Bob Trumpy, Lamar Parrish, Chris Collinsworth,  Bob Johnson, Reggie Williams, AJ Green, Willie Anderson, Andrew Whitworth, Tim Krumrie, Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche, Chad Johnson

Debatable: Tommy Casanova, Ross Browner, Eddie Edwards, Boobie Clark, James Brooks, Max Montoya, Bill Bergey, Dan Ross, Corey Dillon, David Fulcher, Rodney Holman, Essex Johnson, Louis Breeden, Eddie Brown, Rudi Johnson, Carson Palmer, Jim Breech, Shayne Graham, Doug Pelfrey, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Ickey Woods, Pat MacInally, Mike Reid, Al Beauchamp, Coy Bacon, Greg Myers, Dave Lapham, Chip Myers, Takeo Spikes, Lee Johnson, Kevin Huber

Ring of Honorable Mention: Greg Cook

Not sure I would put PB up there or at least right away. He was against a ring for some reason and the Brown family should honor players first IMO

19 hours ago, Cricket said:

I think Cleveland has finally gotten a coaching staff that, for the most part, knows what they are doing...and is ready to capitalize on all of the early draft picks they’ve had recently and their cap space.  😕

They built the best offensive line in football..

Good things happen when you do this..

22 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Not sure I would put PB up there or at least right away. He was against a ring for some reason and the Brown family should honor players first IMO

Paul Brown also doesn't deserve it.  He founded the team  and he's got his name on the stadium.  That's it.

Accomplishments as Bengal coach/owner?  Zero.

Stupidly didn't hire Bill Walsh as his successor as coach

Stupidly installed his incompetent son as his successor as owner

Blame Mike Brown all you want, but the reason the Bengals franchise is one of the bottom 5 in the Super Bowl era is all on Paul Brown and his archaic methods.

Archived