Bengals putting up a Ring of Honor? Yes! It's now official!

9 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

I would probably put Dan Ross behind Trumpy and I think Mike Nugent was a better kicker then Breech as he did kick offs too to boot, then I hate to say it, but then add Graham as he was our most accurate percentage wise kicker.  I hate to say his name because I never liked him because of all of his shanks. Yikes! 

Considering that information NONE of them should be in the ring of honor.

As far as Graham goes everyone's make % went up in his era.  Not really fair to compare Graham and Breech with that statistic. 

On 6/22/2021 at 7:38 AM, UncleEarl said:

Considering that information NONE of them should be in the ring of honor.

As far as Graham goes everyone's make % went up in his era.  Not really fair to compare Graham and Breech with that statistic. 

What?  That makes no sense, but if you say so. 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

What?  That makes no sense, but if you say so. 

Not sure which point you are saying that about, but...

I don't think any of the Bengals kickers were dominant or important enough to their team to be in a ring of honor.

The average kick make % went way up in the 2000s vs. the 80s.  I wouldn't say Graham was any better than his contemporaries than Breech was of his.  Comparing kick % from the 80s and 00s is like comparing completion % from the 70s and today. 

https://www.bengals.com/news/pbs-crafts-bengals-ring-of-honor

PBS Crafts Bengals Ring Of Honor

The first coat of Bengals orange has made it on the panel that is evolving into the Ring of Honor in the bowl of Paul Brown Stadium as the east façade awaits the name of franchise founder Paul Brown and the last name of Pro Football Hall of Fame left tackle Anthony Munoz and his No. 78.

When the vote of Bengals Season Ticket Holders is announced next month with the remaining two last names and numbers of the Ring's inaugural class, Steve Johnson, the PBS capital projects manager, has the green light to finish off the display in time for the unveiling on the night of Sept. 30 and the Bengals game against the Jaguars.

The preparations come amid a surge of Who Dey nostalgia. Earlier this month about 200 fans made the pilgrimage to Canton for a rally at the Pro Football Hall of Fame promoting the candidacies of several Bengals greats with an eye on the nomination of one Senior candidate that is announced in August and joins the list of finalists for the 2022 selection in February.

The paint job has been just as intense. Elizabeth Blackburn, the Bengals director of strategy and engagement, says they went through "three iterations," of orange before creating just the right tint that is not only waiting for the names, but three more coats.

In an effort to find a space that allows the stadium to both retain flexibility for upgrades and gives permanence to the rocks of the franchise, Blackburn began staking out the stadium last season. The concrete strip between the two upper suite levels and under an overhang ended up having everything the club sought.

"We wanted to find a façade with a special significance," Blackburn says. "Between the 200 and 300 suite levels is a great space. It's prestigious. It's also right below the LED strip, which is where a lot of fans look to see the down and distance and score. It will be highly visible. It will be well lit and it's protected."

The concrete is also going to anchor the names that are already embedded in Bengals history.

"It was finding a facade that was truly everlasting in the stadium," Blackburn says.

Classic white block letters with black edges are going to spell out the last names and numbers of the honorees against the orange backdrop. The tentative plan is to have the names start at the 50-yard line and spread out. If the east façade gets filled as it most likely will somewhere in the future, there's a replica on the other side of the bowl.

But Johnson's crew only has eyes on Sept. 30. And they're the only eyes until then.

"I guess we'll have to find a way to conceal it until then," Johnson says.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 9:29 PM, tibor75 said:

LOL, Pyrite Graham was a typical Bengal choker.  Who can forget the bum shanking two easy kicks in the Jets playoff game and then not having the guts to face the media afterwards.

Ring of Honor?  Laughable.

Agree...Remember when his sister was on another site and she was allways defending him?..

7 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Sis was on her for a number of years.

She was frequently at MOC's fantastic tailgates on 2nd Street.

Delightful (and very attractive red haired) young lady I do/did consider a friend.

She gave me a picture of Opie autographed by Shane which I still have.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:29 PM, UncleEarl said:

"BengalSis" I think was her handle.  Those were some funny-ass threads!

Loved in when she couldn't handle ol tibor.  Comical.  She couldn't dish it back.

On the Ohio State board, somebody mentioned a family member of Graham showed upon VT boards back when he was in college - posted under HokieMom or HokieSIS. 

7 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Loved in when she couldn't handle ol tibor.  Comical.  She couldn't dish it back.

On the Ohio State board, somebody mentioned a family member of Graham showed upon VT boards back when he was in college - posted under HokieMom or HokieSIS. 

There used to be a BengalMom on either this board or my previous one with MOC and Guru.

It was Brad St Louis's mom before he went bad.

She and husband owned an RV and traveled to a lot of away games.

Sat behind me at an away game in Indianapolis once.

19 minutes ago, Cat said:

So..... whatever happened with this?

That's a really good question, haven't seen anything. Was looking forward to that too. If I could have voted I would've went with the two Kens. Hopefully we find out soon

Archived