JJ Watt  

33 members have voted

1. 1. do you sign?

• yea
    • nay

I voted yes but as the GM of the Colts or Chargers. We won’t get him and I sure as hell don’t want Cleveland (they have cap space) to do so.  Pittspuke is currently  $14 mil OVER the $198mil cap number used last year.  

11 hours ago, Griever said:

I voted yes, but I don't think he'd ever play here. Like Earl referenced above, looks like Pitt could actually be one of his suitors (lucky us):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/Stealers-browns-bills-titans-among-12-teams-that-have-shown-interest-in-j-j-watt-per-report/

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/13/bengals-face-jj-watt-twice-a-year-tough-afc-north/

Bengals Wire saying Cleveland, too, to pair up with Myles Garrett

Dupree isn't going to get paid big since he's coming off a major injury. Stealers could solve their cap problems by moving on from Roethlisberger but would then need a QB. Probably have to let Juju leave too. And one of their nickel CBs. Watt would be a good replacement for Alualu but unless he'd prefer playing with his brothers to competing for a title, it doesn't make much sense. 

1 hour ago, saphead said:

He needs to retire in Wis-cahhnnsin and eat a bunch of cheese. I'm tired of seeing his puss all over the place.  Little Johnny gym-rat always seems to find the camera. 

It's because of his, umm..  "high motor"

plus he once saved a puppy

Man I'm completely indifferent on WJ3 to be honest.

I don't necessarily want to see him playing in our division but at the same time I'm not so sure that Darrius Phillips isn't a equal replacement in our secondary. 

The question becomes to me, who replaces Phillips? 

I think we sign that guy in FA. 

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It's because of his, umm..  "high motor"

plus he once saved a puppy

And the 5 All-pro selections maybe?   And he is a good dude?  And the 101 sacks?   And the 3 defensive player of the year awards?  And the Walter Peyton man of the year award?  

I do agree he has injury issues now and his play has dropped off but he has had 6 monster years in the last decade.  

That said Pitt dumping the rapist only frees up $20 mil in cap space ( Most think the cap will end up around 175 to 180mil.) In other words Pitt dumping the rapist only gets them closer to even.  His salary is 42mil, dead cap is 22mil and Pitt is currently 14 mil over based on 198mil cap.  If the new cap is 180mil they will still be 12 mil over.  It’s unfortunate /sarc off

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Signs with Browns- "Oh wow the Browns are really going for it, what a shrewd move by them."

Signs with Bengals- "Typical Bengals move signing an aging star well past their prime. Cheap Mike Brown." 

Good post ...

Btw...i think he ll be a Brown..Garret will free him up from double teaming..

Browns are comin up fast..

They started with oline now fill out their defense..

We need to plan like that..

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Good post ...

Btw...i think he ll be a Brown..Garret will free him up from double teaming..

Browns are comin up fast..

They started with oline now fill out their defense..

We need to plan like that..

Wait! So, they're building their team by focusing on the lines?!? That's madness, madness I tell you!

Archived