OPINIONS FROM AROUND THE WORLD

Guest ONYX

[color="blue"]I found this interesting. This is from a British website, and here is what other people who do not live in the US think about the hurricane Katrina situation.[/color]

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4207856.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4207856.stm[/url]

[i]" I am disgusted by the lack of response by those in charge in the US. This just goes to show how little planning is put into ensuring the safety of the common citizen. This also brings up a question - when is the rising problem of environmental refugees going to be addressed seriously? How many more natural disasters must occur before they realise the threat of natural disaster due to global warming is greater than that of any terrorist attack?"[/i]
[b]Becca Dakini, Melbourne, Australia[/b]

[i]"The power of Katrina could not have been fully predicted but from an outsider the actions of the United States has been astonishing. How could the wealthiest country in the world get it so wrong and abandon its people?"[/i]
[b]Richard Bagot, Cumbria[/b]

[i]"Many are noting that it was the poor that were trapped in New Orleans when the hurricane hit. Why didn't local officials move them out before the hurricane hit? You can't herd 50,000 people in a restricted space and then expect someone else to feed, clothe and evacuate them overnight. "[/i]
[b]Desmond Prosper, Steinwenden, Germany[/b]

[i]"The US administration is preoccupied with affairs of other countries more than that of its own. This is the biggest mistake needed to be corrected."[/i]
[b]C Sachidananda Narayanan, Tirunelveli, India[/b]

[i]"I think the problem lies in race politics. More than 65 per cent of the population in New Orleans is black - that is why the response was so slow. America has been through a lot worse in terms of natural disasters. When the time comes to kill and destroy, they have all the resources to transport their instruments of war and devastation throughout the world. But, when it comes to saving, we have seen a poor response."[/i]
[b]Khurram, Pakistan[/b]

[i]"I watch with horror as this tragedy unfolds on the television. This truly shows that the American dream only applies if you are white and well off. [/i]
[b]Andrea, London UK[/b]

[i]"I am only 15, but I think that everyone has a right to have their say. I keep on watching the news on TV in horror and dismay, and I have experienced a few strong hurricanes here myself. But why was there suddenly such a powerful hurricane? One possible explanation is global warming. Maybe its time that America realised it's important to sign the Kyoto protocol so that the whole world can work together. What are we to become if the world's most powerful nation cannot help their own people?"[/i]
[b]Chandra Taposeea, Albion, Mauritius[/b]

[i]"I have been watching Katrina response on TV for the last few days, and I have two observations: The first question is why those affected are all from the black communit? Secondly, why is the US government sending the National Guard with the authority to shoot, rather than provide support to the victims? I believe that the US government attitude has added to the suffering of the victims."[/i]
[b]Kamel Al-Sadah, Jubail, Saudi Arabia[/b]

[i]"There are a few scars in history where political policies are laid so bare for all to see. I am struck whilst watching the apocalyptic images that this is such an occasion. Yes, this is a natural disaster, but thing have been made worse by global warming, lack of gun control and a widening wealth gap. There is intense sadness welling up around the world when watching the decline of the USA. Will the next generation of Americans be able to overcome this social, ethical and environmental decline?"[/i]
[b]Declan, Stockholm[/b]

[i]"God help you if you live in America and are poor, black or old. That such suffering is still continuing six days later is a reflection of the priorities of the present administration in the so-called United States of America. The people who remained in New Orleans were not there through choice but because they did not have access to cars, credit cards or even, in the case of the old, family members to help them. Instead they were reliant on the emergency services to aid them. As this help did not materialise these groups were left to fend for themselves and in some cases die because of the lack of government intervention. Anger does not begin to describe how I feel. Kathleen Baker"[/i]
[b]Kathie Baker, Edinburgh, Scotland[/b]

[i]"What nonsense! The US army cannot go out to help its own people in distress? You need a permission from the Congress? If that be so, except for the President and the Congressmen, all the citizens in the US are surely second graded."[/i]
[b]C. Sachidananda Narayanan, Tirunelveli, Indi[/b]

[color="blue"]There are some posts that are positive about the U.S. and its response and rescue efforts but the overwhelming majority sees it differently.[/color]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Sep 4 2005, 08:51 PM']ummm, seriously, what the fuck do they know?
[right][post="142356"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ummm, seriously, what the fuck do you know?

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Sep 4 2005, 08:51 PM']ummm, seriously, what the fuck do they know?
[right][post="142356"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I was wondering what people outside this country w/ no political agenda thought. It is kinda shitty when you look at how fast we responsed to the tsunami 10,000 miles away.

Guest steggyD
[quote]"Many are noting that it was the poor that were trapped in New Orleans when the hurricane hit. Why didn't local officials move them out before the hurricane hit? You can't herd 50,000 people in a restricted space and then expect someone else to feed, clothe and evacuate them overnight. "
Desmond Prosper, Steinwenden, Germany[/quote]

Smartest one out of the bunch.

Funny they say we don't do anything. Hey there is a hurricane coming the biggest we have seen! better clear out!....no I will stay and ride it out,the govt will help me out later. THAT is the mentality of some down there. yes the response was slow,but when was the last time an entire city was dam near under water?.
This will change how alot of things are done as far as flood control,and who will take charge. The mayor down there should be ashamed,they had a plan from the get go to heard all into the supdome and had no plan after that. The city was knocked out as far as communication was concerned. Cell phone towers out no elect,no water. That dumbass gov should have had all her national guard down there in a heartbeat,since she had a front row seat. :angry:
What's next..Bush and Chaney has a machine to do this and make hurricanes? Would not surprise me that claim comes around. <_<

Guest steggyD

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Sep 4 2005, 11:00 PM']Those darn germans and their common sence.
[right][post="142447"][/post][/right][/quote]
Yes, the aryan race knows best...

Ok, I should stop, before I'm labeled a Nazi... :D

[quote name='steggyD' date='Sep 4 2005, 11:04 PM']Yes, the aryan race knows best...

Ok, I should stop, before I'm labeled a Nazi...  :D
[right][post="142453"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah me being blone/blue (aryan) as well and living in Germany ..... aw crap. :whistle:

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 4 2005, 10:02 PM'][img]http://www.fathers.ca/Bush%20and%20Nazism.2.jpg[/img]
[right][post="142452"][/post][/right][/quote]
Watched the news today and a guy in a boat was trying to rescue some people from a house surrounded by water,and they did not want to leave,small children,a dog,they were on the second floor. The guy told them they had to leave it was going to be several months before the water was pumped out and utilities restored.

Guess that is GW's fault also. :crazy:

Archived