Ring of Dishonor Candidate

On 2/17/2021 at 10:14 PM, High School Harry said:

Rod Jones

and 

Rod Jones

Crazy thing is that Turnstile Rod Jones made it to the Super Bowl with the Rams.  And actually started the game.

And one of the reasons the Rams lost to the Patriots as his lack of protection led to the Ty Law pick-6

On 2/15/2021 at 1:59 PM, Cat said:

CTE as F

Seriously.  The NFL have done a stellar job of preventing people from making that connection.  "Wow what a hit!"  (5 years later) "Boy this crazy old football player just keeps doing psycho stuff! Some people never learn I guess!"

Their euphemism of "concussion-like symptoms" to excuse sending the guy back on the field says it all.  Gonna have some totally independent doctors that we can hire and fire take a look at it.  Someone tell me what causes concussion-like symptoms other than a concussion?  Dizziness, dilated pupils, doesn't know where he is..  Yep must be a sprained ankle.

:facepalm:

On 2/24/2021 at 4:18 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

2030 TV Commentary:

"That was a textbook grab of the flag off his waist"

I've always thought it would be something more like

"That was a fantastic simulated tackle by our simulated linebacker against our simulated receiver!  Bet now on the next play before it's too late!  Brought you by DKFL (Draft Kings Football League™, formerly known as NFL)"

How about all three 1984 first round draft picks?

Rickey Hunley 

Pete Koch

Brian Blados

Turning three first round draft picks into three whiffs is a feat that may never be duplicated.

Yeah, Hunley refused to sign and never played a down but fuck him.

Round Two brought another bust.  Someone named Boomer Esiason :ninja:

Round Three Stanford Jennings of Super Bowl kick off return touchdown fame.

Round Four Barney Bussey.

Samoa Samoa from Samoa

Didn't play, not a bust but cool name

Drafted same year and cousin of QB Jack Thompson

who would be a candidate if he had not gotten us such

a ridiculous screw job of someone in a trade.

Also like Kiki DeAyla and Elvis Peacock for the All Names Team

It's hard for me to consider both PacMan and Burfict for Ring of Dishonor.  During his Bengal tenure, PacMan did great other than final penalty against the Stillers - which was not even justified as that jackass Porter came onto the field (NFL admitted as much when they did not issue PacMan a fine).

Burfict is a little different.  Was great but for too brief a period of time and his stupidity did end his career.  In the end, I think it's obvious that he was really trying to hurt players.

But given the sad nature of the franchise, there are better dishonor candidates than both of them. 

Lewis Billups would be better.  Was ok in 1988 but dreadful in Super Bowl and dropped INT near goal-line early in 4th quarter (would have won Sewer Brewer for sure).  Then sucked after that and got in trouble for stalking Rex Chapman and his sister.   A true bum who then died driving too fast in Florida. 

On 2/25/2021 at 12:40 PM, SmoothD said:

I totally agree but can’t give you an upvote because people might think I am ok with the story.  

Archived