Crazy QB Stat

That is indeed a crazy stat, would never have guessed that.

Speaking of Wentz, check out this dysfunction:

The Carson Wentz trade capped a year of extreme dysfunction for the Eagles. Appearing Friday on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, Adam Schefter of ESPN provided a glimpse into how dysfunctional it was.

Schefter said that coach Doug Pederson and quarterback Carson Wentz didn’t talk “for weeks on end.” Schefter estimated that they didn’t communicated for “eight, nine, ten weeks.”

That’s an amazing fact, if true. How can a team function at the most important position on the field if the quarterback isn’t speaking to the coach?

Wentz started through Week 13 before being benched for Jalen Hurts; thus, if Wentz and Pederson weren’t speaking for eight weeks or longer, some of that period of radio silence would have happened during Wentz’s time as the starter. Surely, however, it doesn’t mean that there was no communication of any kind between coach and quarterback. The photo attached to this item, for example, comes from the November 30 game between the Eagles and the Seahawks. While it’s possible they decided to stand silently next to each other, chances are that they were talking at the time the photo was taken.

Regardless of where, when, and how they weren’t talking, both parties deserve blame for the outcome. Adults who are behaving like adults don’t behave that way. Regardless of who started it, someone needed to finish it — short of Pederson being fired and Wentz being traded.

The problem apparently started when the Eagles drafted Jalen Hurts. Wentz apparently never got over that. Still, something more had to happen for Pederson to become the focal point of the acrimony.

The Colts surely believe they won’t end up in the same place with Wentz. As long as things go well, that may be the case. If things go poorly (or if the Colts draft a quarterback in a round higher than, say, four), Wentz could decide to slip into silent-treatment mode, again.

Really highlights what they've got in Burrow

(and the incredibly apathetic negligence of putting him behind an OL lead by the like of Bobbie Shart)

hope they give the guy a reason to sign an extension when that time comes. Sure as hell wouldn't be investing in any local real estate if I were him rn.

26 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The Carson Wentz trade capped a year of extreme dysfunction for the Eagles. Appearing Friday on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, Adam Schefter of ESPN provided a glimpse into how dysfunctional it was.

Schefter said that coach Doug Pederson and quarterback Carson Wentz didn’t talk “for weeks on end.” Schefter estimated that they didn’t communicated for “eight, nine, ten weeks.”

That’s an amazing fact, if true. How can a team function at the most important position on the field if the quarterback isn’t speaking to the coach?

Wentz started through Week 13 before being benched for Jalen Hurts; thus, if Wentz and Pederson weren’t speaking for eight weeks or longer, some of that period of radio silence would have happened during Wentz’s time as the starter. Surely, however, it doesn’t mean that there was no communication of any kind between coach and quarterback. The photo attached to this item, for example, comes from the November 30 game between the Eagles and the Seahawks. While it’s possible they decided to stand silently next to each other, chances are that they were talking at the time the photo was taken.

Regardless of where, when, and how they weren’t talking, both parties deserve blame for the outcome. Adults who are behaving like adults don’t behave that way. Regardless of who started it, someone needed to finish it — short of Pederson being fired and Wentz being traded.

The problem apparently started when the Eagles drafted Jalen Hurts. Wentz apparently never got over that. Still, something more had to happen for Pederson to become the focal point of the acrimony.

The Colts surely believe they won’t end up in the same place with Wentz. As long as things go well, that may be the case. If things go poorly (or if the Colts draft a quarterback in a round higher than, say, four), Wentz could decide to slip into silent-treatment mode, again.

Doubt the Colts will draft any QB with Wentz on board..

Getting away from Pederson was the best thing for him..

Hes back with his mentor now..

They could win that weak division next year..

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

How things have changed.

13 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

How things have changed.

If that’s true then maybe Pederson was the actual problem.  Haven’t heard anything out of Wentz. 

EDIT: My bad.  The quote was after they won the Super Bowl. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Carson-Wentz-trade-Colts-statement-after-Philadelphia-Eagles-Indianapolis-NFL-161183900/

“What a journey,” Wentz wrote. “More than anything, I will miss my teammates. Thank you. I appreciate every one of you and will never forget the relationships and memories made over the years. So many lifelong relationships have been formed in that locker room. Thank you for the fellowship, the camaraderie in the locker room and the daily battles out on the practice field.

“To the City of Philadelphia - Thank you. You have been my home for the past five years. It has been everything a kid for Bismark, North Dakota could have dreamed of. My family grew here, had a lot of fun, ate a lot of great food, got to be a part of an incredible church, and so many more memories off the field. On the field, we brought the Lombardi Trophy home to Philly and hopefully brought a lot of joy to the city over the years. Thank you to the amazing Eagles fans across the World that have supported my family, our foundation, and our football team through all of the wins and losses. It was an honor to play in a city whose passion and love have made a positive impact in the communities in Philly and look forward to continuing our efforts to impact the area.

“Thank you to the Eagles organization for drafting me and making my NFL dream come true. Thank you to Mr. Lurie, Howie Roseman and the Eagles front office, Coach Pederson and all of my coaches, our training staff, our equipment staff and all of the support staff at the NovaCare Complex. It has been an amazing journey and I wish you all the best. As one chapter closes, another one begins. And I’m excited to join the Indianapolis Colts and look forward to the work ahead! God’s plan! Hebrews 12:1-2 #AO1.”

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

That Peterson tweet was from 2018 

That makes way more sense.  Of course I doubt the norm would end up being getting rid of the QB s who won them  the Super Bowl, getting fired and the recently re-signed  1st round QB leaving town for a sack of day old donuts.  Let’s not forget the $40mil total in dead cap either.  

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

Let’s not forget the $40mil total in dead cap either.  

Is the cap number official yet? Somehow I just don't see the NFL penalizing their cash cows over lost income to a pandemic.  TBH I tend to think they shouldn't,  It would make more sense to adjust every 3 years or so based on an average so it's not some drastic reduction over something that is likely (hopefully) temporary.

Of course it could make this team marginally more competitive, but I guess the salary floor is going to be reduced as well.

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Is the cap number official yet? Somehow I just don't see the NFL penalizing their cash cows over lost income to a pandemic.  TBH I tend to think they shouldn't,  It would make more sense to adjust every 3 years or so based on an average so it's not some drastic reduction over something that is likely (hopefully) temporary.

Of course it could make this team marginally more competitive, but I guess the salary floor is going to be reduced as well.

Each team lost about $40 mil in revenue last year just on lost ticket sales. It could have dropped way more I think.  

Archived