2021 Draft/OTA's/Training Camp/Season Covid-19

On 4/16/2021 at 6:51 AM, High School Harry said:

Well, yeah.

My point was there were not any "crowds" last year at PBS.

And we went to all the games.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:23 AM, sparky151 said:

Who said it was a conspiracy?

There wasn't much attendance at NFL games last year and it was spaced out. Your average Walmart Supercenter has a lot more people pass through in a week than were at an NFL game.

The article referenced states like Texas and counties in Florida where attendance of NFL games was more significant, like 20-30k per home game. 

The research is consistent with the known patterns of the virus, which is large gatherings of people are bad...mmmkay

Also, this study came from the liberal hotbed that is the University of Southern Mississippi aka Sorosville of the South. 

If Goodell has full capacity, which is what he said he will do, then these games have a high chance of becoming super spreader events.  Hopefully more people get vaccinated and the new mutations aren't to bad.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The article referenced states like Texas and counties in Florida where attendance of NFL games was more significant, like 20-30k per home game. 

The research is consistent with the known patterns of the virus, which is large gatherings of people are bad...mmmkay

Also, this study came from the liberal hotbed that is the University of Southern Mississippi aka Sorosville of the South. 

If Goodell has full capacity, which is what he said he will do, then these games have a high chance of becoming super spreader events.  Hopefully more people get vaccinated and the new mutations aren't to bad.

By September everyone who wants a vaccine should have it.  Heck, that will probably be true by July.

It's your prerogative to not get a vaccine, but if you choose to also attend a large gathering, well....that's on you.

21 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

By September everyone who wants a vaccine should have it.  Heck, that will probably be true by July.

It's your prerogative to not get a vaccine, but if you choose to also attend a large gathering, well....that's on you.

I was in Kroger (major supermarket) last week and an announcement came over the PA

that they had five doses of vaccine left and whoever wanted one just come to the pharmacy.

Mine were crazy simple when I got them but son had to jump through some hoops as to

where and when.  But its all good.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

I was in Kroger (major supermarket) last week and an announcement came over the PA

that they had five doses of vaccine left and whoever wanted one just come to the pharmacy.

Mine were crazy simple when I got them but son had to jump through some hoops as to

I live in NC.  There are plenty available right now.  Wide open.  Medical folks are worried there isn't enough demand.

You do need to be able to operate a computer to get signed up and know where to go.  There are some folks that are going to need help with that.

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I live in NC.  There are plenty available right now.  Wide open.  Medical folks are worried there isn't enough demand.

You do need to be able to operate a computer to get signed up and know where to go.  There are some folks that are going to need help with that.

I was really hoping to see the Bengals play the Raiders in Vegas this season. My favourite team in my favourite place. Unfortunately, I am from Canada and even worse, Ontario. We currently are only at 60 years old + for first dose of Moderna or Pfizer. I think the chances I am fully vaccinated and able to travel to the US by the fall is very unlikely. 

18 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I was really hoping to see the Bengals play the Raiders in Vegas this season. My favourite team in my favourite place. Unfortunately, I am from Canada and even worse, Ontario. We currently are only at 60 years old + for first dose of Moderna or Pfizer. I think the chances I am fully vaccinated and able to travel to the US by the fall is very unlikely. 

Well, in a couple months we may have too many if a lot of folks choose not to get vaccinated. The US may then start exporting more vaccine. 

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Im sure  there's a group helping them with that..good folks in Carolina..

5 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Yeah dont count on it..

If the stats show that huge crowds would start another high count then its going to be the cardboard people in arenas and recorded cheering crowds over the speakers in stadiums again..

Hey make a day of it at home come gameday..

Make a Bengal-Raider day for yourself!..

Ive allways followed the Raiders as well.

That could be an epic Bengal-Raider game....if there were any..

13 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Raiders, NFL hoping to fill Allegiant Stadium this season

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-nfl-hoping-to-fill-allegiant-stadium-this-season-2318424/amp/

(As always, it’s not the teams’ ultimate decision):

“In Nevada, there is still a limited capacity mandate on large gatherings. With the 2021 NFL season still five months away, it is impossible to predict where Nevada will be in terms of those restrictions.”

Of course, it will cost:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2021/01/29/raiders-will-be-nfls-most-expensive-home-venue-when-fans-allowed-back-in/amp/

17 hours ago, High School Harry said:

My nephew is 17 and works at a Kroger. In a similar situation they gave him the first shot of Moderna rather than let it go to waste. But it's only FDA approved for 18 and older (Pfizer is for 16 and up) so they wouldn't let him schedule his second shot of Moderna.

• 1 month later...

Interesting article as to 2020 “opt-out” Andrew Billings: 

Watching fellow asthmatic Myles Garrett struggle after COVID-19 confirmed Andrew Billings’ decision to opt out, but now ‘I’m here to play’

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/05/watching-fellow-asthmatic-myles-garrett-struggle-after-covid-19-confirmed-andrew-billings-decision-to-opt-out-but-now-im-here-to-play.html?outputType=amp

• 1 month later...
  • Le Tigre changed the title to 2021 Draft/OTA's/Training Camp/Season Covid-19
32 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Bruce Arians: Buccaneers will fine unvaccinated players $14,000 for every protocol breach

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/24/bruce-arians-buccaneers-will-fine-unvaccinated-players-14000-for-every-protocol-breach/amp/

Damn.  Get on the team or else.  Wonder if the NFLPA will stand for that? 

Archived