2021 Free Agents Full List and Tracker

On 2/23/2021 at 12:11 AM, claptonrocks said:

His agent will try and over value him..

Im not biting unless hes cheap..

He could be a decent CB but he plays passive..We play in the AFCN and thats being a wuss..

Better he go out west..

Are you sure you're talking about Mackensie Alexander?

On 2/26/2021 at 1:12 PM, claptonrocks said:

I see the Titans and Isaiah Wilson are 

are parting ways...he doesnt want to play for them...

I want my 6'6 1/2" 350lb with those 35 1/2" arms to play here...

Young kid with so much potential..

Throw them a 5th or 6th rounder and let Polllock work with him..

Get the Mannish Boy in Cincinnati!!

Sounds like a candidate for reclamation.

So much po-ten-tial and not living up to it.

Wonder how working with Pollard would work as far

as an attitude adjustment?

Trade them Michael "Burrow Killer" Jordan or maybe even Billy Price (which I would not like to see happen)?

Yeah, I'd bring him in.  Hopefully resturcture his contract.

How much worse than Bobby Heart or Cedric Oggie or Jake Fisher or

the other free agent who was here for a cup of coffee and two dozen Krispy Kreams

whose name I can't even recall at the moment?

Interesting article out of Seattle...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/27/seahawks-may-not-be-willing-to-keep-carlos-dunlap-on-his-current-contract/?partner=MSN

Seahawks may not be willing to keep Carlos Dunlap on his current contract

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 27, 2021, 9:49 AM EST

Getty Image
When the Seahawks traded for defensive end Carlos Dunlap last season, he agreed to adjust his contract, taking a pay cut of about $3 million for the remainder of the 2020 season but getting a $3 million roster bonus due on the fifth day of the 2021 league year.

As that day approaches, the Seahawks may decide they’re not willing to pay that bonus.

Seattle cutting Dunlap before that $3 million roster bonus comes due next month seems likely, according to ESPN.

That doesn’t necessarily mean Dunlap wouldn’t remain in Seattle. It’s possible that the Seahawks could cut Dunlap before that roster bonus comes due, let him test free agency, and then re-sign him if he doesn’t sign elsewhere. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he was happy with Dunlap last season and credited him with being a part of the Seahawks’ second-half defensive turnaround last season, so the team would like to have him.

But Dunlap’s salary cap hit this year is slated to be more than $14 million. Without lowering that number, Dunlap probably won’t be back in Seattle.

He'll be in Cleveland with Myles Garrett ...HSH

Andy Dalton among top 10 quarterbacks worth pursuing, per NFL.com's David Carr

Dave Clark
Cincinnati Enquirer

NFL.com analyst David Carr identified his top 10 quarterbacks worth pursuing via free agency, 2021 NFL Draft or trade, and long-time Cincinnati Bengals starting quarterback Andy Dalton - who played last season for the Dallas Cowboys - is among them.

Dalton, a free agent who will turn 34 in October, ranked 10th on Carr's list.

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Andy Dalton (14) talks with Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Ryan Finley (5) after the fourth quarter of the NFL Week 14 game between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Dallas Cowboys at Paul Brown Stadium in downtown Cincinnati on   Sunday, Dec. 13, 2020. Former Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton led the Cowboys to a 30-7 over the Bengals. 

Andy Dalton (left)

Carr on Dalton:

Dalton played some good football for Dallas last season in relief of Dak Prescott, proving he still has plenty left in the tank. The 33-year-old passer could be a great option for a team looking for a pocket passer with experience who will ultimately serve as a bridge quarterback. There are a number of teams that come to mind, including New England and Chicago.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, also a free agent and former Bengals quarterback, ranks ninth on Carr's list. Clemson's Trevor Lawrence, BYU's Zach Wilson, Ohio State's Justin Fields and Alabama's Mac Jones are the only draft prospects on Carr's list.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio did note a change in Carr's article after it was initially published:

On Monday morning, NFL.com posted an item from David Carr in which he suggests that the four teams on Russell Wilson‘s short list should have called the Seahawks “yesterday” about a trade. Curiously, one of those four teams — the Raiders — currently employs David Carr’s younger brother as its starting quarterback.

Even more curiously, David Carr’s article quietly was revised after the comment was spotted and publicized.

The original version said this: “If I’m one of those four teams, I’m picking up the phone yesterday.” The new version says this: “If I’m a QB-needy team, I’m picking up the phone yesterday.”

Dalton, who signed a one-year deal with the Cowboys last May, started nine of the 11 games in which he played last season, completing 216 of 333 attempts (64.9%) for 2,170 yards with 14 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Dalton and the Cowboys routed the Bengals, 30-7, in December.

Dalton, the Bengals' starting QB from 2011 to 2019, trails only Ken Anderson among Cincinnati's all-time leaders in passing yardage.

USA TODAY Sports

Dolphins release LB Kyle Van Noy

Tue, March 2, 2021, 1:45 PM

The Dolphins released LB Kyle Van Noy on Tuesday, a surprising move by Miami. Van Noy was just one year into a four-year contract, which he signed with the Dolphins last offseason. Van Noy played 14 games, made 69 tackles and recorded six sacks to go along with a career-high 10 tackles for loss

TE Age Starts 2020/Career stats Notes Overall Receiving Pass Block Run Block Snaps
Rudolph-Vikings 31 12/132 28-334-1 111.8 Rating, 7.1 ADOT Cap Casualty Cincinnati Native   66.5 66.6 73.8 59.1 573
Reed-49ers 31 1/36 26-231-4 90 Rating, 8.0 ADOT     66.2 70 72.4 44.9 247
Eifert-Jaguars 31 4/41 36-349-2 59.7 Rating, 8.2 ADOT     62.2 61.3 60.8 48.7 548
Everett-Rams 26 7/11 41-417-1 83.9 Rating, 6.8 ADOT Taylor w/Rams   62.1 62.3 55.9 62.6 682
Carter-Bengals 27 5/5 5-53-0       52.8 49.6 80.9 60.9 223

Rudolph would actually be a pretty good fit. 111.8 for the QB when throwing to him. 

Archived