2021 Free Agents Full List and Tracker

While I would have welcomed Linsley, Burrow's life is more in the hands of our guards and RT. We have passable starters at LT and C, at least when healthy. Hopkins is unlikely to be ready for week 1 but Price can hold down the fort for a month. Jonah can likewise hold his own until his inevitable injury. But at LG, RG, and RT we don't have even the glimpses of average starters. 

Reading other boards where ppl are furious over these developments lol. How often can people be fooled. 

1. This team is never going to spend like the Rockefeller's. 

2. This team is never going to manipulate the cap to maximize investment in the current product on the field.

3. Normally, the only way a player would come to Cincinnati is if it is their highest/only offer. 

4. When the Bengals do offer the highest amount, they usually pay it to someone unworthy such as Waynes, Odom, or Bryant.  

With all that said, the odds of a good player signing with the Bengals are very slim. No reason to be angry or disappointed. Expect that the Bengals will shop in the tier 3 and tier 4 aisles. Be excited when they splurge for a tier 2 guy. Don't get too angry when the tier 2 guy suffers a serious injury the next season. 

People who become furious over sports need something to fill their lives. Having said that, if the Bengals blow this offseason (which history will say they will) I will be becoming a much more casual observer of the team moving forward. This was an opportunity for them. If they choose to let the opportunity slip by, I can't be bothered any more. I hope this won't be the case but, it's the Bengals way.

4 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

People who become furious over sports need something to fill their lives. Having said that, if the Bengals blow this offseason (which history will say they will) I will be becoming a much more casual observer of the team moving forward. This was an opportunity for them. If they choose to let the opportunity slip by, I can't be bothered any more. I hope this won't be the case but, it's the Bengals way.

But why would a player want to come to Cincy right now unless you're offering more money than everyone else? You have a lame-duck coach, lame-duck coordinators and position coaches, the young star QB just had his knee Gillooly'd. The team never wins, the owner is a miser, the GM seems to have a lifetime contract. What's the reason the Bengals would be the choice over the other 31 teams? Money, that's it. And we know they never want to spend on something that they don't consider to be good or fair value. 

2 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

I'll be totally Frank, I think that changing the voice in that room, will be more important than the people in that room.  

Sure, but that doesn't mean that Alex Redmond will magically be athletic enough to pass block or Bobby Hart's bad snaps will be less bad. Talent is definitely an issue in that room. They lack plenty of it. 

6 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

I'll be totally Frank, I think that changing the voice in that room, will be more important than the people in that room.  

Thats going to be a huge difference..

What do we have in Adenijji, Jordan,

Price and Johnson??

Turner was not a Teacher.

Pollack is....

We'll see..

58 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Sure, but that doesn't mean that Alex Redmond will magically be athletic enough to pass block or Bobby Hart's bad snaps will be less bad. Talent is definitely an issue in that room. They lack plenty of it. 

yup

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Reading other boards where ppl are furious over these developments lol. How often can people be fooled. 

1. This team is never going to spend like the Rockefeller's. 

2. This team is never going to manipulate the cap to maximize investment in the current product on the field.

3. Normally, the only way a player would come to Cincinnati is if it is their highest/only offer. 

4. When the Bengals do offer the highest amount, they usually pay it to someone unworthy such as Waynes, Odom, or Bryant.  

With all that said, the odds of a good player signing with the Bengals are very slim. No reason to be angry or disappointed. Expect that the Bengals will shop in the tier 3 and tier 4 aisles. Be excited when they splurge for a tier 2 guy. Don't get too angry when the tier 2 guy suffers a serious injury the next season. 

The Bengals are committed to drafting and developing players. Why? Because rookies are cheap. Unfortunately, the Bengals are bad at drafting as Ogbuehi, Fisher, Ross, and Price prove. Bad drafting can be overcome with good veteran talent evaluation in free agency. But again, that's not a strength of the team. Free agents by definition have options. There really isn't much reason to choose the Bengals over another team unless the Bengals overpay, ala Reader and Waynes. So I guess we're on to the trade options, maybe Havenstein or Ramczyk will end up here. We've already missed on Trent Brown and Marcus Cannon who were traded cheaply. 

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

But why would a player want to come to Cincy right now unless you're offering more money than everyone else? You have a lame-duck coach, lame-duck coordinators and position coaches, the young star QB just had his knee Gillooly'd. The team never wins, the owner is a miser, the GM seems to have a lifetime contract. What's the reason the Bengals would be the choice over the other 31 teams? Money, that's it. And we know they never want to spend on something that they don't consider to be good or fair value. 

You're preaching to the choir my brother. I've been following this team since the early 80's and I'm not even from Ohio. My point is that with what could be $60 million in cap space and a young QB of Burrow's caliber, you can't improve the team, there truly is no hope. I was not (nor do I ever) expect huge name players to come to this team but I am expecting them to make some significant moves. If they don't, no worries, I will just be tuning in a lot less. I'm just getting too old to concern myself with a losing cause much longer.  

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

You're preaching to the choir my brother. I've been following this team since the early 80's and I'm not even from Ohio. My point is that with what could be $60 million in cap space and a young QB of Burrow's caliber, you can't improve the team, there truly is no hope. I was not (nor do I ever) expect huge name players to come to this team but I am expecting them to make some significant moves. If they don't, no worries, I will just be tuning in a lot less. I'm just getting too old to concern myself with a losing cause much longer.  

This is what i see them doing..

Oline..sign G Gabe Jackson abd RT Rob Havenstein..

Dlone..Sign DE Trey Hendrickson..

WR...sign Josh Reynolds.

Extended contracts to Bates and

Hubbard... 

Then a good draft..

Im probably wrong but I can hope..

What's left. 

QB-Lots of talent, would still love to add a second veteran at least for camp once the dusts settles with backups

RB-Still want to add Perine

WR-Slowest moving position, Golladay himself is still available. 10 guys still available that would start right away as the 3rd WR. 

Options: Will Fuller, Curtis Samuel, TY Hilton, Marvin Jones, Chris Conley, David Moore, John Brown, Sammy Watkins, Josh Reynolds, Breshad Perriman

TE-Probably makes more sense to go to the draft but Rudolph there he would be tough not to at least talk to. 

OL-The obvious upgrades and Rocks are all gone, and there weren't many to speak of just Linsley, Thuney, Zeitler, Scherff, Daryl Williams. Blythe and Havenstein both are versatile. Could play next to eachother at C/RG or RG/RT. 

C/G-Austin Blythe is the last guy I would really want at the C spot but he can play both C and RG

G-Almost all the guys are RGs which means that I think Jonah Williams or Slater are probably the best ways to upgrade at LG. Might have to run with XSF and Spain at LG next year if we don't get an upgrade at RT. 

Options: Larry Warford, Gabe Jackson, Denzelle Good, Brian Winters, Trai Turner.

T-Still talent available. Need to at least try to upgrade at RT. 

Options: Rick Wagner, Riley Reiff, Bobbie Massie, Mike Remmers, Mitchell Schwartz, Trade for Rob Havenstein

K-I would love to add a guy here. 2 that standout. Eddie Piniero who got injured and lost his spot with the Bears and then Zane Gonzalez who was released recently. I wouldn't hate going into camp with one of those two and Seibert. 

DT-Need a pass rusher and pocket mover. Tyson Alualu is highest ranked pff, and at 34 years old should come cheap. Gotta have interest in the other Saints guys in Malcolm Brown and Sheldon Rankins. Eagles Malik Jackson was coached by Hobby and would be an interesting add. Could end up just being Atkins on a lighter deal

DE-There are a ton of guys available that I would like to add. Morgan Fox is the most interesting for me as he seems to be ascending as well. A handful of 2nd and 3rd tier guys tied to our coaching staff who would be great to add. 

Options: Taco Charlton, Dion Jordan, Charles Harris, Vic Beasley. Aldon Smith is an interesting guy as well. 

S-Just need depth here so I have no idea

CB-RT or Corner is where we go next I think. Brian Poole and Malcolm Butler could round out the CB room if WJ ain't coming back. 

38 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

The Patriots sign Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry?!? Smith, Henry, Judon, Agholor, Mills, Bourne, Godchaux and Anderson. They've stumbled a bit in the draft and lost some talent lately. They aren't fucking around trying to get back on top.  

Still don't have a QB though..

Awuzie from Cowboys 3 years

Looks like a good signing. Had a down year last year but was injured

Overall Run D Pass Rush Coverage Snaps
Awuzie-Cowboys 26 6/42 38t-5pd-1int 51.9 55.8   52 452
      79t-1tfl-14pd-1int 72.2 80.2 56.2 70.5 1020
      71t-11pd-1int 64.8 53.6 58.7 66.1 886
      25t-7pd-1int 78.4 75.1   78.9 309

Archived