2021 Free Agents Full List and Tracker

20 minutes ago, crazycat said:

I wouldn't mind seeing John Brown signed. He always seemed to be a guy the QB could rely on, plus if memory serves me correctly, he does have some speed. 

woulda been nice, unfortunately not possible anymore

We should look for a better backup QB than Allen or Finley. But that's not the Bengal way. We could get a guy with dozens of starts for not much more than vet min. Flacco would be cheap and certainly an upgrade from Allen. 

I've no objection to signing a vet WR in free agency but it isn't a priority compared to the O-line. Given that Thuney and Zeitler are off the market and the Bengals were never in on Trent Williams, there are still options available that would be upgrades from what we had last year and won't break the bank. 

PFF gave Larry Warford a 73.1 rating for 2019, which would have ranked 12th in the league last year, a couple spots behind Thuney. Highest ranking Bengal guard last year was Redmond at 48th with a 61.5 ranking. Gabe Jackson was 40th with a 63.7.  Warford is 29 and we could probably get him for 3 years for 18-20 mil total. That would be a good start. 

Saints are still about 11 mil over the cap. They have to get there by 4 pm today. If they trade Ramczyk they have no dead money and clear 11 mil. We might be able to get him for our 3rd round pick. It's a good draft for tackles so Saints might go for that. They just re-signed James Hurst so they have cover for a rookie. That would fix our RT position and let us trade down if desired in round 1. 

That's some solid cash for AJ. He hasn't had more than 50 catches since 2017 and has only one 1,000 yard season since 2016. Guy's been all but stealing the past two or three years. 

Having said that, I am a fan. Kid played hard for many years and kept his mouth shut. I wish him well. Hopefully he will have a revival in ARI, even if it's a minor one.

4 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

That's some solid cash for AJ. He hasn't had more than 50 catches since 2017 and has only one 1,000 yard season since 2016. Guy's been all but stealing the past two or three years. 

Having said that, I am a fan. Kid played hard for many years and kept his mouth shut. I wish him well. Hopefully he will have a revival in ARI, even if it's a minor one.

Surprised at the guaranteed amount, but good luck to him. 

Cap Tracker Update:  (per - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/)

Bengals:  $18,188,390 (10th best)

League Average: $9,768,360

Top Three:  $50.1M NYJ, $34.0M JAX, $33.2M BUF

Bottom Three: -$14.5M PHI, -$17.1M CHI, -$26.6M LAR

AFC North: (10) $18.1M CIN, (15) $8.1M BAL, (20) $5.3M CLE, (24) $0.7M PIT

Weird Stat:  10 of the 11 teams with the most cap space are AFC.  In the NFC, (5) CAR ($31.1M) has more cap space than the next three NFC teams combined.  (12) MIN ($12.3M) + (16) SEA ($7.8M) + (17) TBB ($7.2M)

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals aren't likely to sign Golladay. He came to them and asked for an offer. I'm sure they threw out something lowball since WR isn't a high priority in FA. If he's willing to take it, great, but he'll likely get better offers from teams that need a WR1 or 2.

The talking heads are saying that the Bengals have a “strong offer” on the table and Joey B even called him trying to recruit him here. 

51 minutes ago, spicoli said:

The talking heads are saying that the Bengals have a “strong offer” on the table and Joey B even called him trying to recruit him here. 

I thought they offered him a 1yr prove it contract..

Dont know what he had to prove..

Archived