2021 Free Agents Full List and Tracker

Trey Hendrickson on GMFB right now - will try and note some highlights:

Nate Burlson/Shrager/Brandt/Kay Adams all doing the interview (w/ a Burrow jersey behind Burlson).

Why Cincinnati? --- Thanks for Browns/Blackburns - likes that it is a family organization.

How to build on last year? Break-out season is a tough word, was a product of hard work.

You were in NO - how big is Burrow there? "For awhile his LSU jersey somehow eclipsed Drew Brees. Wants to do everything he can to get the ball back to Burrow as fast as possible.

What was it like being on the Saints D? Every day had to prove myself, made me better. But as far as the future, the logo behind me (Bengals logos) is pretty great (big smile) (he seems REALLY happy to be a Bengal)

Question about his marriage (a year old now): She's an athlete, a fencer and a skater - very competitive person - they have fun playing ping pong etc.

Thus endeth the interview.

17 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Why didn't Joey B call Thuney or Trent Williams or Linsley?

That's my thought. You guys couldn't move the needle on Thuney, and he's a local boy? I get it, it's KC, it's Mahomes, they were in the last 2 super bowls, but it seems like being 'home' would be a huge factor...

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

We are a small market team and the worst team in the AFC North.  Even when AJ Green was tearing it up here he didn’t get much national exposure.   Our defense still sucks until proven otherwise.  

If AJ Green had hit the UFA market during his prime the teams would have lined up to pay him max dollars.  That's why a one year deal with the Bengals is better than a multi-year deal with Chicago or the Giants.  If he has a good year with Chicago or NY he is stuck there with an average return in his prime. 

Why is everyone quoting winning rates for teams in the NFC East last year?  They all played each other and it was by far the worst division in football.  So what if you won games vs. Dallas, Giants, Eagles or even WFT.  Andy Dalton didn't beat a winning team all season.  He looked like a loser most of the time.  Chicago just unloaded a younger, better rated QB for Andy Dalton.  Yeah, that's gonna work out. 

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Saw this on Reddit - made me laugh.

The fake pulled hammy last year was the funniest, and the worst.  If I'm the coach I want him gone after that BS.  Missing is one thing, blaming it on a fake injury is another.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

That's my thought. You guys couldn't move the needle on Thuney, and he's a local boy? I get it, it's KC, it's Mahomes, they were in the last 2 super bowls, but it seems like being 'home' would be a huge factor...

He can come home a few years from now when he retires.  Playing for Andy Reid and with Patrick Mahomes is like hitting the lottery for an offensive player.  KC is a nice town.  

Golladay's agent is doing a good job of creating a market for him. He threatens to visit Chicago and Robinson quickly signs his tender. He visits the Giants and suddenly Baltimore is interested. I doubt he's seriously interested in the Bengals unless he wants to build his value for offseason 2022.

5 hours ago, Cat said:

Let's see, I can go play for the team that made the last two superbowls, and looks to be competitive for the next 5, or I can go home and help a rebuild?  Well, OK!!  Pig GIF by Angry Birds Movie

With the talent we have at WR we could have a 3rd WR for very cheap in this market and is what we should do

John Brown 1 year 3.75 million
Breshard Perriman 1 year 3million
David Moore 2 years 4.75 million

This should be how we fill that 3rd WR spot. Not some 18 million dollar contract or number 5 overall pick. The market dictates this is better right now.
Who is left that could start
TY Hilton
Sammy Watkins
Josh Reynolds
Chris Conley

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

With the talent we have at WR we could have a 3rd WR for very cheap in this market and is what we should do

John Brown 1 year 3.75 million
Breshard Perriman 1 year 3million
David Moore 2 years 4.75 million

This should be how we fill that 3rd WR spot. Not some 18 million dollar contract or number 5 overall pick. The market dictates this is better right now.
Who is left that could start
TY Hilton
Sammy Watkins
Josh Reynolds
Chris Conley

I'd be OK with that.  I'll be OK with Golladay, Chase or Pitts as well given the right circumstances.  Signing a lower-priced 3rd WR might it might be easier to sign a reasonably-priced OG as well.

Remaining holes to fill (IMO)

2 Starting-quality OL (1st & FA)

3rd WR (FA)

3rd TE (3A)

3rd DE (2nd)

3rd DT (3B)*

3rd Safety (SS/Nickle LB-type &/or FS/CB-type) (FA & 6A)

2 Rotational LBs (4th & Bynes)

Reserve (G/C &/or G/T) (5th)

5th WR (6B)

PK (7th)

P (Huber)

* Trade-down in 1st for an extra 3rd)

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The fake pulled hammy last year was the funniest, and the worst.  If I'm the coach I want him gone after that BS.  Missing is one thing, blaming it on a fake injury is another.

Shit..  Big Jen does it every game and they'll probably put his rapist Sloth-lookin ass in the HoF.

Either that or he just forgets what a thumb is every week.

*staring intensifies*

Archived