2021 Free Agents Full List and Tracker

17 hours ago, membengal said:

are you pretending the rest of his career hasn't happened? or that he wasn't hurt last year? or ignoring that he is still just 27?

Dude he's going to ignore anything that doesn't lead to us drafting Pitts  :D Let the man dream, I say

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Hey, Dub.  If we would draft Pitts rather than Sewell if he is there, will you be all kinds of pissed off?  Serious not snarky question.

Short answer, it's the Bengals, their shitty decisions can only hurt me so much at this point.  Beyond that it's more complicated, so yes & no:

I really don't want Pitts, full stop.  I'm with Flava on that guy.  But at least he's healthy..

Sewell, I'm not so sure since he hasn't played in forever.  There's no real scouting combine, which means we can't watch other team's scouts gas him in drills or poke him with sticks. We're half blind on a guy that hasn't played football since a serious injury over a year ago?  Sketchy, that sounds way too familiar.

5th overall pick should be close to a sure thing and I'm starting to think neither of them qualify.  Trading down for Slater could be great, I don't really want a WR but Chase makes a lot of sense too, considering JB.  Either of those moves could net us another high draft pick on the OL or a defense that was equally terrible.  Maybe Parsons or another LB that doesn't disappear out there?

We might be better off drafting around #6-10 anyway but I also have serious doubts about our FO making that kind of move when they could just take whatever "Ferrari" is mocked to them.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Short answer, it's the Bengals, their shitty decisions can only hurt me so much at this point.  Beyond that it's more complicated, so yes & no:

I really don't want Pitts, full stop.  I'm with Flava on that guy.  But at least he's healthy..

Sewell, I'm not so sure since he hasn't played in forever.  There's no real scouting combine, which means we can't watch other team's scouts gas him in drills or poke him with sticks. We're half blind on a guy that hasn't played football since a serious injury over a year ago?  Sketchy, that sounds way too familiar.

5th overall pick should be close to a sure thing and I'm starting to think neither of them qualify.  Trading down for Slater could be great, I don't really want a WR but Chase makes a lot of sense too, considering JB.  Either of those moves could net us another high draft pick on the OL or a defense that was equally terrible.  Maybe Parsons or another LB that doesn't disappear out there?

We might be better off drafting around #6-10 anyway but I also have serious doubts about our FO making that kind of move when they could just take whatever "Ferrari" is mocked to them.

I believe Sewell just sat out because of COVID and as far as I’m aware never had a serious injury. However, I definitely agree with your concerns regardless. A very young guy that hasn’t played football in a year might not be able to contribute next year. 

32 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

He missed 6 games his freshman year with a high ankle sprain..

Good to go since then..

In that case it's a no-brainer, at worst he sits for a year while Pollack & the strength coaches get him in NFL shape.  More likely he forces his way into a starting spot before then.  Either one is perfectly fine.

You know what you can easily draft in middle rounds?  Pass-catching TE's.  This isn't a tough decision.

Kyle Pitts has his Proday this Monday..

Looking at his build to see if he looks a lil soft or fit..

Vertical too.. 

Watching his times..

Heard he was a 4.6 guy but he could run under that..

I compared him to Darren Waller..

Waller ran a 4.43...

Hopefully the kid shines out..

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Thank you and excellent answer and logic.

I can see your points and thinking.

I think either will be an excellent pick, I guess.

I just really don't want Chase.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

In that case it's a no-brainer, at worst he sits for a year while Pollack & the strength coaches get him in NFL shape.  More likely he forces his way into a starting spot before then.  Either one is perfectly fine.

You know what you can easily draft in middle rounds?  Pass-catching TE's.  This isn't a tough decision.

I agree.  It’s a perfect scenario for the kid and the Bengals. Sewell gets to train and learn with limited pressure. If he’s great you can let Reiff go, but let’s be honest.....he’s going to get to play because there are always injuries. 

As far as WRs go the Bengals do better picking them in the 2nd round anyway. I would take Sewell if he is available. 

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Dude he's going to ignore anything that doesn't lead to us drafting Pitts  :D Let the man dream, I say

What are the Bengals most likely to pick? Not me or you, I'm talking about the MB led Bengals, you really think they go OL or will it be Pitts or a WR? 

I ALWAYS try to project what I think they're going to do, not necessarily what I want or what I think is best.

Something to consider.

When it comes to draft picks, this forum sounds like a scouting staff meeting with all the scouts yelling for 'their guy' lol.

It does prove how difficult it is to project these guys. One or Two (or more) of the Top 3 guys will likely fail but no one knows which ones. OT is the safe and perhaps smart pick. I am wondering if the skilled TE like Pitts (and lets not even say he is not skilled, this guy rocks) 'fits' our offense? Is our O supposed to be like McVay's, and I cannot even name a TE on LA. 

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I agree.  It’s a perfect scenario for the kid and the Bengals. Sewell gets to train and learn with limited pressure. If he’s great you can let Reiff go, but let’s be honest.....he’s going to get to play because there are always injuries. 

As far as WRs go the Bengals do better picking them in the 2nd round anyway. I would take Sewell if he is available. 

When it comes down to Sewell vs. Slater for me it all comes down to what your plans for Jonah are.  If you're really open to moving him and you're looking for an LT, Sewell's your pick.  If you're bent on keeping Williams where he's at and you want a RT, LG, RG or even C for this coming season, I'm thinking Slater may be the better option.

I say, "for this coming season" because, long term, he's my RT when Reiff moves on.  Can Reiff move inside?  Still hoping for a guard (Turner?  Warford?).

6 hours ago, spicoli said:

What are the Bengals most likely to pick? Not me or you, I'm talking about the MB led Bengals, you really think they go OL or will it be Pitts or a WR? 

I ALWAYS try to project what I think they're going to do, not necessarily what I want or what I think is best.

Something to consider.

History would suggest that Williams could be back and forth to IR for another 2-3 years while remaining  our starting LT on paper. It's stupid and frustrating and sends a terrible message to the locker room but it would also be 100% on-brand.

I can hope they made some promises in convincing Pollack to return or maybe MB was still awake in his skybox when his Walmart OL trampled Burrow.  

Anyway I admit they are more likely to take Pitts or Chase over Sewell.   There's also a fair chance only one of those guys is on the board.

When I see them take a OT over Pitts or a WR, that’s when I’ll believe it. Otherwise, it’s business as usual and I’m planning on needing to pick another OT in R2. Which, with Reiffer and Williams locked in as starters, I’m fine with simply because I don’t think they’re done addressing the OL in FA. If they sign a starting G and get a OT in R2, I actually believe they’ll be in good shape. 

12 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Thank you and excellent answer and logic.

I can see your points and thinking.

I think either will be an excellent pick, I guess.

I just really don't want Chase.

🍻

Don't really want Chase either, but it seems JB does & it's kind of what they do anyway so I'm ready to accept it.

39 minutes ago, spicoli said:

If they sign a starting G and get a OT in R2, I actually believe they’ll be in good shape. 

I think they're about done with FA other than some late filler.  Trading down for Slater is starting to sound good, we should get another good pick & he should find his way on to the field.  

If it were me I'd still take Sewell and Jonah can play LG for as long as he's healthy.  This ain't the Cincinnati Williamses.

But it's MB so let's just draft whoever has the fastest 40 time since we don't have scouts anyway.  Maybe they find a golf cart  that nobody in the NFL could possibly cover 🙄

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think they're about done with FA other than some late filler. 

*** I agree.  However, re-sign Huber ASAP.  Quit fooling around and let some fool team offer crazy money and we have to match or lose.

Trading down for Slater is starting to sound good, we should get another good pick & he should find his way on to the field.  

*** https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/22/bengals-pass-penei-sewell-mock-draft-free-agency/

This guy 👆🏼 thinks Darrishaw and Slater are actually better.  Trade down and get either plus an extra 3rd.

I

Archived