2021 Free Agents Full List and Tracker

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think they're about done with FA other than some late filler.  Trading down for Slater is starting to sound good, we should get another good pick & he should find his way on to the field.  

My expectation is they're re-sign Huber, Bynes, and Spain and add a starting RG and WR3. None will be big contracts but they still have a good bit of shopping left to do.

Something to keep in mind regarding the salary cap, noted by Peter King in his Monday piece:

The effect of the $4B loss in league revenues in 2020 is spread out over 3 years - so the cap will not go up by much in 2022 and 2023. The estimate was up $8M in 2022 and up $12M in 23023. After that the new deal kicks in and the Covid losses have been absorbed. 

Mem indicated on another forum that Tyler Dragon said that he thinks they are focused in on taking a WR at 5. I can't begin to tell you how dumb it is to not get a 3rd WR OR 2! in this offseason.

1. They are going for like 3 million a year.

2. We have 2 stud WRs already and the need just isn't there for a first rounder at pick 5. 

3. There is a huge need for an OL.

4. WRs bust way more often than OL in the first round especially amongst the top 10. Last ten years

WR: Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross, Amari Cooper, Kevin White, Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Tavon Austin, Justin Blackmon, AJ Green, Julio Jones

OL: Andrew Thomas, Jeddrick Wills, Jonah Williams, Quenton Nelson, Mike McGlinchey, Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin, Brandon Scherff, Ereck Flowers, Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews, Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel, Lane Johnson, Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, Matt Kalil, Tyron Smith

If this was the plan going into free agency then they should have pivoted immediately when they started seeing the contracts of Perriman, David Moore and John Brown. 

49 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Mem indicated on another forum that Tyler Dragon said that he thinks they are focused in on taking a WR at 5. I can't begin to tell you how dumb it is to not get a 3rd WR OR 2! in this offseason.

1. They are going for like 3 million a year.

2. We have 2 stud WRs already and the need just isn't there for a first rounder at pick 5. 

3. There is a huge need for an OL.

4. WRs bust way more often than OL in the first round especially amongst the top 10. Last ten years

Conclusion:  The Bengals will draft a WR at #5

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah it'll be great to see some new faces standing around downfield looking frustrated while Joe picks the turf out of his teeth.

They’re not done with the OL yet. Still plenty of options and plenty of time. 

I think it is going to be OT and WR in the first two rounds. I would rank the most likely scenarios in this order:

1. Sewell at #5 and then somebody like Rashod Bateman, Kadarius, Toney, Rondale Moore, or Terrace Marshall in the 2nd. 

2. Sewell goes somewhere in the Top 4 but that means one of the top four QBs is still there at #5 and the Bengals try to trade down with Rashawn Slater or somebody like that as the top target. WR in round 2.

3. Ja'Marr Chase is the pick at #5. The Bengals grab an OG/OT at the top of the second round who plays guard for a year and then hopefully takes over for Reiff in 2022.

I personally think there will be a bigger drop at OT than at WR, so I prefer OT at 5 but would be happy either way. They know they need to add a couple more blue-chip offensive talents to make sure Burrow has success and are well-positioned to do so given the combination of elite options and solid depth at both WR and OL in this draft.

8 minutes ago, happyrid said:

I think it is going to be OT and WR in the first two rounds. I would rank the most likely scenarios in this order:

1. Sewell at #5 and then somebody like Rashod Bateman, Kadarius, Toney, Rondale Moore, or Terrace Marshall in the 2nd. 

2. Sewell goes somewhere in the Top 4 but that means one of the top four QBs is still there at #5 and the Bengals try to trade down with Rashawn Slater or somebody like that as the top target. WR in round 2.

3. Ja'Marr Chase is the pick at #5. The Bengals grab an OG/OT at the top of the second round who plays guard for a year and then hopefully takes over for Reiff in 2022.

I personally think there will be a bigger drop at OT than at WR, so I prefer OT at 5 but would be happy either way. They know they need to add a couple more blue-chip offensive talents to make sure Burrow has success and are well-positioned to do so given the combination of elite options and solid depth at both WR and OL in this draft.

This is about where I am. 

1. Sewell

2. If Pitts, Slater, Chase and Smith are all available at 5 trade down to 8 at most and take BPA

3. Trade down to 12 at most and take BPA on the Oline

4. Take Chase at 5. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think that results in less passes to Boyd who then wants to leave. Or Higgins. I don't think its realistic to feed these 3 guys. The ideas fun, but I think we have 2 stars here. 

AJ Green saw 104 targets last year. In no way did those targets affect Boyd or Higgins. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

AJ Green saw 104 targets last year. In no way did those targets affect Boyd or Higgins. 

Target replacement doesn't actually make sense. He only caught 47 of those targets. If he had caught even 20 more we could have had far fewer targets or more due to first downs. Over the last 4 years there has been a variance of over 100 attempts for us. It seems like it should make sense but it doesn't. 

It seems pretty simple to me and I think the team has set themselves up pretty well in case of either scenario. One of either Sewell or Chase will likely be there at #5, but I doubt both. I think the smarter move on setting the team up for the future is to hope that Swell is the guy available in that Reiff is only signed for one year and Sewell likely could use a year of seasoning at guard, where we are virtually depleted, Sewell could easily be selected by Miami, which would likely make Chase the logical option #2 selection. Either scenario is a really good deal, but I would prefer Sewell as I have concerns about any 2nd round tackle/guard being a capable starting tackle next season.

41 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think that results in less passes to Boyd who then wants to leave. Or Higgins. I don't think its realistic to feed these 3 guys. The ideas fun, but I think we have 2 stars here. 

Again ....

Chad, TJ, Henry

25 minutes ago, bengaled said:

It seems pretty simple to me and I think the team has set themselves up pretty well in case of either scenario. One of either Sewell or Chase will likely be there at #5, but I doubt both. I think the smarter move on setting the team up for the future is to hope that Swell is the guy available in that Reiff is only signed for one year and Sewell likely could use a year of seasoning at guard, where we are virtually depleted, Sewell could easily be selected by Miami, which would likely make Chase the logical option #2 selection. Either scenario is a really good deal, but I would prefer Sewell as I have concerns about any 2nd round tackle/guard being a capable starting tackle next season.

Miami is very unlikely to take Sewell and if he's there and the Bengals take a WR, they are just a dumb as everyone says they are.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

That we have had a 3 headed monster at WR in the past, and the idea that we can't do it again is asinine

Henry's highest career reception total in a season was 36. Hardly a "three headed monster". Why anyone would want the Bengals to drop Boyd or Higgins to that kind of receiving total by taking a WR in the first is beyond me. A WR at #5 is such a Bengals move it's not even funny.

Man, if people think signing Riley Reiff to a one year deal makes the Bengals flexible in the first round now...yikes.

1 minute ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Henry's highest career reception total in a season was 36. Hardly a "three headed monster". Why anyone would want the Bengals to drop Boyd or Higgins to that kind of receiving total by taking a WR in the first is beyond me. A WR at #5 is such a Bengals move it's not even funny. if that player is the best player available and you can't trade down, makes sense.

Man, if people think signing Riley Reiff to a one year deal makes the Bengals flexible in the first round now...yikes.

FIFY

5 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Henry's highest career reception total in a season was 36. Hardly a "three headed monster". Why anyone would want the Bengals to drop Boyd or Higgins to that kind of receiving total by taking a WR in the first is beyond me. A WR at #5 is such a Bengals move it's not even funny.

I'm in favor of Sewell in the first also but I do think they need another good WR. The offense would function so much better with a second deep threat to keep defenses honest and open the middle of the field for Tyler Boyd. 

The year the Rams went to the Super Bowl, they had a 3-headed monster of Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, and Cooper Kupp. Each averaged over 75 receiving yards per game. 

We saw the Colts surround Peyton Manning with a bunch of skill position talent when he was first drafted. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark each put up huge numbers and were all first rounders. They had some slot guys who put up big numbers too. 

The Bills helped Josh Allen make the leap by going out and trading for Stefon Diggs and paying $9M a year to both Cole Beasley in the slot and John Brown outside. There's a lot of examples of young QBs finding success when their teams hit on two or three special pass catchers to help them out. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

On Devonta Smith - this is weight-gate day. 170 pounds is burning up draft twitter.

Ocho has a thought:

While PFF has a counter-thought:

If  you think Smith can't play in the NFL I think you're nuts.  The guy is bursting with crazy ability.  Can he hold up physically over the years?  That is a fair question.

Archived