2021 Free Agents Full List and Tracker

33 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

A tag would have cost 17.7 mil for Lawson or 15.3 for Jackson. That's probably more than their open market value so the team is betting they can re-sign them on the open market. 

Or at least signing someone comparable.

On a side note...is anyone else getting the feeling that they're on the verge of transitioning to a "mostly" 3-4 defense?

For some reason I see Carl Lawson replaced by Justin Houston.

Can't shake it. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Or at least signing someone comparable.

On a side note...is anyone else getting the feeling that they're on the verge of transitioning to a "mostly" 3-4 defense?

For some reason I see Carl Lawson replaced by Justin Houston.

Can't shake it. 

We barely have enough backers in

a 4-3..

Shake it off champ...

I actually think Hubbard would be a fantastic 3-4 backer.

Put him on one side and Houston on the other and turn them loose... Gaither and Wilson in the middle. Bring in a guy like Baron Browning to rotate on the outside.

I'm sure there will be a couple 3-4 DE's that'll shake loose between now and TC that they can scoop up. Get a mid round NT...

I dunnu....sounds promising.

The great Spicoli prophecy of 2021 🤪

So let it be written, so let it be done!

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I actually think Hubbard would be a fantastic 3-4 backer.

Put him on one side and Houston on the other and turn them loose... Gaither and Wilson in the middle. Bring in a guy like Baron Browning to rotate on the outside.

I'm sure there will be a couple 3-4 DE's that'll shake loose between now and TC that they can scoop up. Get a mid round NT...

I dunnu....sounds promising.

The great Spicoli prophecy of 2021 🤪

So let it be written, so let it be done!

Pratt is their best all around backer..

Did you cut him?

Edited..

Looked up Pratt...he was terrible..

Id cut him!!!

I'm somewhat surprised but, pretty indifferent about the Bengals not tagging WJIII or Lawson.

The Bengals gave up 26.5 points per game and 389.2 yards per game in 2020 coupled with registering the lowest sacks in the league. I'm not sure anyone on that defense is indispensable.

Carl Lawson has 11.5 sacks over the past three seasons and has only been healthy for 35 of the last 48 games. The guy wasn't even a starter on this defense until Carlos Dunlap fell out of favor. He's also a below average run defender. Is he really vital? Was he worth $17 million? Is he even a double digit long term contract guy? I'm not saying no to the last question but, I am saying I certainly am not sure.

WJII is one of my favorite draft picks over the past decade. I though they got a steal and have been a fan of his. But, I really noticed teams outright picking on him in some games last season and he got beat handily on a lot of plays. Is it possible he only has 3 INTs in his career and only 1 in the last two years?!? Is that worth $15 million? Or a long term double digit contract? I dunno. I'm not sure I can say definitively that he has been better than Darius Phillips the past two seasons.

I am not against either of these guys. They still have youth on their side and have been solid Bengals BUT if this non-tag/non-resign means the team is going to make changes and try and build an offensive line and a defense that can actually get after the passer without them then, I am OK.     

The FA WR list is pretty damn good, actually. There's help there, for a team needing outside speed, like the Bengals need. 

ETA:

"Yates ----- Wide receiver remains the position with the most options in free agency: Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller V, Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, Sammy Watkins, Breshad Perriman...& more."

26 minutes ago, membengal said:

The FA WR list is pretty damn good, actually. There's help there, for a team needing outside speed, like the Bengals need. 

ETA:

"Yates ----- Wide receiver remains the position with the most options in free agency: Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller V, Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, Sammy Watkins, Breshad Perriman...& more."

Don't see John Ross on the list lol

Davis, Samuel, John Brown, Will Fuller, or Breshad Perriman (in that order) would be my choice. Never sure which version of Agholer one is signing up for, and Golladay will cost too much when they have needs for that money elsewhere in my view. 

30 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Rather have Thuney..allmost 3yrs younger and better..

Pitts's stock has soared!!...a freak..

If Sewell is gone Id be good with him..

( or Chase)....

Every year there's a Chase-like wide receiver.

How often have you heard stuff like this said about a tight end?

Even if it comes down to a choice between him and Sewell, it would be a tough choice.

Then again, maybe someone will have a hard on to trade up with us for Pitts.

That would be interesting.

4 hours ago, membengal said:

ETA:

Could you see Juju Smith- Schuster coming here? 🤣😂

41 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Every year there's a Chase-like wide receiver.

How often have you heard stuff like this said about a tight end?

Even if it comes down to a choice between him and Sewell, it would be a tough choice.

Then again, maybe someone will have a hard on to trade up with us for Pitts.

That would be interesting.

Yeah they could trade back for ani extra pick or two..

He has the potential to be a great player..

It would have to be a helluva package 

for me to come up off him though..

I'm actually buying what the Bengals are selling when they say they avoided the tag to stay "flexible".  Tagging either of those two D players wasn't helping make Joe better, which is where all their resources should go first.  They definitely have to at least replace those two guys, and it better be upgrades if they're not re-signed, but going into FA with all cap room possible was the right choice as far as I'm concerned.

15 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Did he leave on bad terms (other than not getting a better contract)?

No, had a very good season. Cap casualty. Giants releasing him gets them barely into the positive column at $3mil.  

Archived