2021 Free Agents Full List and Tracker

21 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I mean not for nothing but the DC didn’t exactly have a bunch of talent to work with up front either. Guys were coming in off the street and playing significant minutes on the DL the following week and that was seemingly happening on a weekly basis. There are only so many injuries a team can take at one position group and still have any modicum of success....especially if it’s your DL.

Goid point...

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I mean not for nothing but the DC didn’t exactly have a bunch of talent to work with up front either. Guys were coming in off the street and playing significant minutes on the DL the following week and that was seemingly happening on a weekly basis. There are only so many injuries a team can take at one position group and still have any modicum of success....especially if it’s your DL.

It's pretty clear that the Marvin guys on D are out the door as well.  It's naive to think that Dunlop was the only guy who felt that way.  He just took it to another level.  Not sure if these guys leaving is their doing, the Bengals doing, or some of both.  Probably the latter.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

WJ III is a man CB, and LouA prefers zone. Awuzie makes more sense for zone scheme. CB market isn't exactly popping, by the way.

Nor is the WR market...

All the college spread offenses product tons of receivers each year so it's not hard to find a good one on the cheap. No need to pay top dollar for a WR. In time I expect WRs to drop in the draft the way RBs have. 

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

All the college spread offenses product tons of receivers each year so it's not hard to find a good one on the cheap. No need to pay top dollar for a WR. In time I expect WRs to drop in the draft the way RBs have. 

WR Josh Reynolds should be signed ..

Perfect compliment to Higgins and Boyd imo..

On 3/15/2021 at 4:46 PM, sparky151 said:

While I would have welcomed Linsley, Burrow's life is more in the hands of our guards and RT. We have passable starters at LT 

I'm sorry to do this again and no offense but.,.  no we fucking don't.  We have an average-looking guy that has missed twice as many games as he's played due to injury. He's not anything like a passable starter, he's a guy we hope recovers from back to back trips to the IR.  10 games in 2 years. That's who we're once again counting on to protect the blindside of our new QB, who you may recall is also recovering from major knee surgery, in large part because we did this same Happy Thoughts "Can't go to Walmart" bullshit last year.

I guarantee you the opposing team's pass rushers don't care where we drafted Jonah Williams or how much money we owe him this season.  An injury-prone hopeful is what he is right now & there's no point in pretending otherwise if you're not trying to sell tickets.

Heading into day 3, some thoughts

QB: There is a chance when the music stops AJ McCarron doesn't have a backup spot in Houston anymore with the signing of Tyrod Taylor. There is an avenue where he comes back and competes with Allen for the backup spot. 

RB: Get Perrine back!

WR: The market still is moving slow! Lots of guys left. Hilton, Samuel, John Brown, Reynolds, David Moore, Conley, Watkins, Perriman. For what we need there is no reason not to get a good deal on our 3rd WR and then draft a couple mid rounders.

TE: A Draft pick makes more sense but I don't think you say no to Kyle Rudolph. 

The OL field hasn't changed much but it added Rodney Hudson. If we add Rodney Hudson Hopkins can just play guard. 

C-Rodney Hudson

G-Austin Blythe, Gabe Jackson, Larry Warford, Brian Winters, Turner

T-Wagner, Massie, Rieff, Remmers, Schwartz   Havenstein (trade)

The DL 

DT-Casey, Jackson and Rankins all interesting

DE-So much talent left, no one without blemishes. I really like Morgan Fox as depth. 

S-Got Wilson back but need a 4th safety. Probably a draft pick but wouldn't hurt to add a fringe veteran

CB-We got our top 4. Probably want 5 to be a draft pick but Cordera Tankersly is a fringe guy with a high upside who played for both Anarumo and Hobby. 

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Ratings can be wrong.  Hard to quantify everything.  How do you quatify overrunning the play, losing contain, etc?  I've seen tons of that from Lawson.  I'm assuming Hendrickson is better at that, but I don't know for sure.  Just not wild about Lawson's game.  If you watch him it's plain to see he is the best "almost" pass rusher you'll ever see.  It's not bad luck.  It's bad instincts, positioning, etc.  Give me a guy who keeps contain, stops the run, and cashes in on his opportunities even if they are fewer.

All of this. 

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

QB: There is a chance when the music stops AJ McCarron doesn't have a backup spot in Houston anymore with the signing of Tyrod Taylor. There is an avenue where he comes back and competes with Allen for the backup spot. 

For the love of Pete, WHY????

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

RB: Get Perrine back!

WR: The market still is moving slow! Lots of guys left. Hilton, Samuel, John Brown, Reynolds, David Moore, Conley, Watkins, Perriman. For what we need there is no reason not to get a good deal on our 3rd WR and then draft a couple mid rounders.

TE: A Draft pick makes more sense but I don't think you say no to Kyle Rudolph. 

The OL field hasn't changed much but it added Rodney Hudson. If we add Rodney Hudson Hopkins can just play guard. 

C-Rodney Hudson

G-Austin Blythe, Gabe Jackson, Larry Warford, Brian Winters, Turner

T-Wagner, Massie, Rieff, Remmers, Schwartz   Havenstein (trade)

The DL 

DT-Casey, Jackson and Rankins all interesting

DE-So much talent left, no one without blemishes. I really like Morgan Fox as depth. 

S-Got Wilson back but need a 4th safety. Probably a draft pick but wouldn't hurt to add a fringe veteran

CB-We got our top 4. Probably want 5 to be a draft pick but Cordera Tankersly is a fringe guy with a high upside who played for both Anarumo and Hobby. 

Saints haven't extended Ryan Ramczyk on a deal with a low 2021 cap hit. So he might be a trade option. He's certainly much better than Havenstein. We could probably get him for our 2nd, which would free us to trade down in the first, regaining the 2nd and not needing to draft a tackle early. 

I keep hearing that we have so many holes to fill. It's really not that many. As I see it we have about 38 locks on the team with 15 open spots. We have 8 draft picks leaving the rest to be filled through other means. Here is how I have the 53 with the guys I would sign to fill out the roster. 

QB Burrow 25 Allen 22    
RB Mixon 25 Bernard 22 Perine 21 DP
WR Higgins 24 Tate 22 Morgan 21  
WR John Brown DP    
WR Boyd 24 DP    
TE Uzomah 22 Sample 23 Kyle Rudolph  
LT Sewell Adeniji 24    
LG Williams 24 Jordan 23    
C Rodney Hudson Price 22    
RG Hopkins 23 Su'a-Filo 23    
RT Rick Wagner Johnson 22    

K Seibert 23      
P Huber 21      
LS Harris 22      

LE Hubbard 22 Kareem 24    
LT Reader 24 Tupou 22 Wren 23  
RT Malik Jackson DP    
RE Hendrickson 25 DP Morgan Fox  
SLB Bynes 21 Anthony Chickilo    
MLB Wilson 24 Bailey 24    
WLB Pratt 23 Davis-Gaither 24    
S Bell 23 DP    
S Bates 22 Wilson 23    
CB Waynes 23 Phillips 22    
CB Awuzie 24 Cordrea Tankersley    
CB Hilton 25      

Re-sign: Perine-Huber-Bynes

Draft:

Rd 1: Slater/Sewell/Darrisaw/Vera-Tucker

Rd 2/3: DL

Rd 4-5: WR/S

Rd 6-7: WR/RB

Higher End FA's: Hudson, Wagner, Malik Jackson

Mid Tier FA's: Brown, Fox, Rudolph

Low End FA's: Tankersley, Chickilo

I wouldn't mind addressing the 3rd TE spot with Rudolph (MIN) or Gerald Everett (LAR) in FA or Brevin Jordan (Miami) as a 3rd rounder.  Saw one site with an article proposing a trade for Zach Ertz (PHI), but I wouldn't offer more than one of our 7ths or possibly a 6th at best (maybe a fungible reserve).

7 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I keep hearing that we have so many holes to fill. It's really not that many. As I see it we have about 38 locks on the team with 15 open spots. We have 8 draft picks leaving the rest to be filled through other means. Here is how I have the 53 with the guys I would sign to fill out the roster. 

QB Burrow 25 Allen 22    
RB Mixon 25 Bernard 22 Perine 21 DP
WR Higgins 24 Tate 22 Morgan 21  
WR John Brown DP    
WR Boyd 24 DP    
TE Uzomah 22 Sample 23 Kyle Rudolph  
LT Sewell Adeniji 24    
LG Williams 24 Jordan 23    
C Rodney Hudson Price 22    
RG Hopkins 23 Su'a-Filo 23    
RT Rick Wagner Johnson 22    

K Seibert 23      
P Huber 21      
LS Harris 22      

LE Hubbard 22 Kareem 24    
LT Reader 24 Tupou 22 Wren 23  
RT Malik Jackson DP    
RE Hendrickson 25 DP Morgan Fox  
SLB Bynes 21 Anthony Chickilo    
MLB Wilson 24 Bailey 24    
WLB Pratt 23 Davis-Gaither 24    
S Bell 23 DP    
S Bates 22 Wilson 23    
CB Waynes 23 Phillips 22    
CB Awuzie 24 Cordrea Tankersley    
CB Hilton 25      

Re-sign: Perine-Huber-Bynes

Draft:

Rd 1: Slater/Sewell/Darrisaw/Vera-Tucker

Rd 2/3: DL

Rd 4-5: WR/S

Rd 6-7: WR/RB

Higher End FA's: Hudson, Wagner, Malik Jackson

Mid Tier FA's: Brown, Fox, Rudolph

Low End FA's: Tankersley, Chickilo

In your proposal, Rudolph would certainly start ahead of Uzomah and Sample. Uzomah wasn't a good starting TE when healthy and may not be able to go for training camp, staring on PUP. You're proposing we make Sewell our starting LT with Williams moving to LG, sign Hudson with Hopkins moving to RG and sign Wagner and Brown for RT and WR3. I think you're on the right track in filling holes with veterans so the draft is open for us but we should hope for better veterans. Wagner got cut in Detroit because he wasn't very good. We don't know if Williams can play guard or not but do know he hasn't played a full season yet so it's optimistic to consider him a fix. It's likewise optimistic to count on Hopkins being ready to go week 1. 

23 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

In your proposal, Rudolph would certainly start ahead of Uzomah and Sample. Uzomah wasn't a good starting TE when healthy and may not be able to go for training camp, staring on PUP. You're proposing we make Sewell our starting LT with Williams moving to LG, sign Hudson with Hopkins moving to RG and sign Wagner and Brown for RT and WR3. I think you're on the right track in filling holes with veterans so the draft is open for us but we should hope for better veterans. Wagner got cut in Detroit because he wasn't very good. We don't know if Williams can play guard or not but do know he hasn't played a full season yet so it's optimistic to consider him a fix. It's likewise optimistic to count on Hopkins being ready to go week 1. 

The problem is I don't think there is an obvious upgrade at LG for us this year outside the draft. And I don't think there are better options than Brown and Wagner at their price. Wagner is the top ranked RT on the market according to PFF. 

Archived