Bengals Free Agency Thread.

Its time.

Not being redundant but all our moves in one spot so far and catching up...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/2/22310022/ricardo-allen-bengals-nfl-free-agency-2021-falcons-news

Falcons Safety Ricardo Allen in for a visit... competition with Williams for a slot with Bates?  Quality back up?

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/04/bengals-announce-roster-moves-nfl-free-agency/

Re-signed CB Jaylen Davis (a players I said "Who?" when I saw his name on a Bengals jersey last season)

and

LS Clark Harris ... didn't they put our relatively big bucks on a futures contract for a long snapper a month or so ago?

Let's keep it coming :gobengals::icon15::gobengals:

Couple of visits, not much else going on it seems.  That’s fine though, these cap strapped teams need to start cutting soon. No need to be an Arizona and WAY overpay for a player. 

I think we can save $9M by cutting Geno, $5M by cutting Hart and $5M by cutting Gio.  That’s about $19M by cutting 3 players.  Gio would be the biggest loss, but we’re already paying Joe a ton of money and we can’t put so much into the RB position.  That $19M would allow us to resign either WJIII or Lawson and we’d still be able to add to the large cap availability that we already have.  

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Same and I'm on the fence if they move on from Geno or not

Agreed. I think they will try to “restructure” (which might look like cutting him and re-signing him for less. If Geno says no to that, then he might move on. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Agreed. I think they will try to “restructure” (which might look like cutting him and re-signing him for less. If Geno says no to that, then he might move on. 

I guess it would depend on what they want to do with other contracts and FAs

2 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I think we can save $9M by cutting Geno, $5M by cutting Hart and $5M by cutting Gio.  That’s about $19M by cutting 3 players.  Gio would be the biggest loss, but we’re already paying Joe a ton of money and we can’t put so much into the RB position.  That $19M would allow us to resign either WJIII or Lawson and we’d still be able to add to the large cap availability that we already have.  

Not only that but we could re-sign Gio to a more reasonable, market value deal after cutting him and letting him test free agency. He has value in the NFL but it ain't 4 mil per year as a backup. He might be able to get 2 mil per year as a good locker room guy who can play 15-20 snaps per game. 

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Articles saying they are trying to trade him.  I guess, but I hope not for the chump change they will be offered.

I'd be happy with any chump change for him. IMO he should simply be released so if we can get a 7th for him, so much the better.

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It would be beyond idiotic to keep Geno on at his current salary when that same money could be used for a better piece like an OL or for Lawson. Restructure, fine, but he has to be a prove it contract. 

Eh, he's well past it and not getting any younger. Even at vet minimum, I don't want to use a spot on the 53 for him.

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I guess it would depend on what they want to do with other contracts and FAs

Yes...

Lawson and Jackson can test open market..

Theyll find they arent franchise players..

Id go 4yr 50mil on Lawson .12.5mil yr.. .tops

Jackson may be the one to leave..

We payed Wayans 14mil a yr and hes going to use that as leverage coming back..

They arent paying 28mil a yr for 2 corners..no way..

Once he sees his true value in thec league he ll accept a lower yearly one..

4yrs 34mil.....8.5 per yr..

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Not only that but we could re-sign Gio to a more reasonable, market value deal after cutting him and letting him test free agency. He has value in the NFL but it ain't 4 mil per year as a backup. He might be able to get 2 mil per year as a good locker room guy who can play 15-20 snaps per game. 

I dont want to re-sign Gio..

Its Treyveon Willuams time NOW..

57 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes...

Lawson and Jackson can test open market..

Theyll find they arent franchise players..

Id go 4yr 50mil on Lawson .12.5mil yr.. .tops

Jackson may be the one to leave..

We payed Wayans 14mil a yr and hes going to use that as leverage coming back..

They arent paying 28mil a yr for 2 corners..no way..

Once he sees his true value in thec league he ll accept a lower yearly one..

4yrs 34mil.....8.5 per yr..

I know the Stealers wanted to draft WJ3 before we got him. I hope they keep him.

I read this on twitter..

Go all in on improving the Oline like the Browns did..

Sign LG Thuney.

Sign RG Zeitler..

Draft Sewell...

Start Sewell at RT..

Oline of Williams..Thuney..Hopkins..Zeitler and Sewell..

JB is now protected by a 

Damn good Oline..

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

I read this on twitter..

Go all in on improving the Oline like the Browns did..

Sign LG Thuney.

Sign RG Zeitler..

Draft Sewell...

Start Sewell at RT..

Oline of Williams..Thuney..Hopkins..Zeitler and Sewell..

JB is now protected by a 

Damn good Oline..

Do we think Zietler would come back here?

Archived