Bengals Free Agency Thread.

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I know the Stealers wanted to draft WJ3 before we got him. I hope they keep him.

Yeah they settled for Artie (bust) Burns lol..

I want WJ3 back as well but the Priority is keeping J B safe for him to do his Magic..

Did we learn anything by Mahomes struggling behind a mediocre line against the Bucs?

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

I want WJ3 back as well but the Priority is keeping J B safe for him to do his Magic..

Did we learn anything by Mahomes struggling behind a mediocre line against the Bucs?

Fair

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Do we think Zietler would come back here?

Yeah...I dont think he left on bad terms..

Business decision at the time..

If Thuney was signed first and knowing they'll draft Sewell would be very enticing to play alongside them and protect and let JB do his magic..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

No.

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Disagree...

My thoughts are that they shouldn't need Mahomes as an example that having an offensive line is important to playing football. 

Guess we're about to find out if they intend to do something about it.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

My thoughts are that they shouldn't need Mahomes as an example that having an offensive line is important to playing football. 

Guess we're about to find out if they intend to do something about it.

Gotcha...

Question..

Would you  sign Thuney and Zeitler along with drafting Sewell to improve the line as their top priority?

11 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I wonder if Zeitler would take 6 mil per year if we're offering Thuney 14? Larry Warford, Gabe Jackson, or Richie Incognito would be other options. 

I dont think he'd "settle"" on 6mil to come back here..

Im thinking 8.5mil 4yrs..

Thuney might be the best LG in the league..

NE cant afford him..

We can as we're keeping our cap money open and add to it by more cuts..

I think thet want to pull the trigger on something totally different  and build an Oline thats stacks up with the best..

They have the opportunity to do this now..

Pull the trigger...

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Seems to me like they’ve got their precious little hearts set on it.

I think there is a good chance to trade down even if Sewell is there. Someone will want QB#3 and will want to move up. If this were the case and we moved down a few spots we amy take OL #2 and grab an extra high pick. If we can work the OL in FA we will be more likely to accept a good trade offer and not feel we HAVE to pick Sewell. 

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Gotcha...

Question..

Would you  sign Thuney and Zeitler along with drafting Sewell to improve the line as their top priority?

Thuney possibly, he's a little younger, seemingly a little better, and has the distinct advantage of not being a former Bengal.

Zeitler for me radiates that "vet on the downslope we will overpay & then see on IR by midseason".  For that reason (not despite) I think he's likely to end up here in yet another hamfisted attempt by our FO to regain some past glory that was not actually all that glorious in the first place.  It is, as folks like to say, what they do. 

Zeitler for me radiates that "vet on the downslope we will overpay & then see on IR by midseason".  For that reason (not despite) I think he's likely to end up here in yet another hamfisted attempt by our FO to regain some past glory that was not actually all that glorious in the first place.  It is, as folks like to say, what they do. 

What the actual fuck with you. Always. 

Zeitler actually was their best lineman last year, by far, w/ a fantastic statistical season - I think just two sacks allowed. He's still just 31. And I would bet a fairly large sum of money that you have spent YEARS bitching over them letting Whitworth go at age 35...

On top of that, he's actual RG who plays RG - a position that is a screaming need with this team (last year's motto - "anyone can play RG - oh, wait, they can't"). He would be an immediate and obvious upgrade for no more than a 2-3 year contract in the 8-9 million range. It would fill in one piece of the puzzle. 

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

Again, he didn't leave here on bad terms. 

I realize that, that doesn't mean he wants to come back either. Sometimes leaving for another team, even when you have no ill will for where you were, makes you realize how other teams do things vs how we do them. 5 years removed from being a Bengal might have changed his perspective a little bit is all I am saying.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Thuney possibly, he's a little younger, seemingly a little better, and has the distinct advantage of not being a former Bengal.

Zeitler for me radiates that "vet on the downslope we will overpay & then see on IR by midseason".  For that reason (not despite) I think he's likely to end up here in yet another hamfisted attempt by our FO to regain some past glory that was not actually all that glorious in the first place.  It is, as folks like to say, what they do. 

naw, Zeitler is still playing at a very high level.

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I read this on twitter..

Go all in on improving the Oline like the Browns did..

Sign LG Thuney.

Sign RG Zeitler..

Draft Sewell...

Start Sewell at RT..

Oline of Williams..Thuney..Hopkins..Zeitler and Sewell..

JB is now protected by a 

Damn good Oline..

I’d add to this and say draft Landon Dickerson (or Creed Humphrey) in the 2nd. I’m not a huge Creed fan, but after I hated the Levi Jones pick (I wanted Philip Buchanon) I said I’d never be upset at drafting offensive linemen. 

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I realize that, that doesn't mean he wants to come back either. Sometimes leaving for another team, even when you have no ill will for where you were, makes you realize how other teams do things vs how we do them. 5 years removed from being a Bengal might have changed his perspective a little bit is all I am saying.

Since he left here he has seen 3 awful seasons in Cleveland and 2 awful seasons for the Giants (the Giants had two coaches in almost a literal fistfight during practice last year). When he was here, they were in the playoffs. What negative perspective do you genuinely think he has?

5 hours ago, membengal said:

Since he left here he has seen 3 awful seasons in Cleveland and 2 awful seasons for the Giants (the Giants had two coaches in almost a literal fistfight during practice last year). When he was here, they were in the playoffs. What negative perspective do you genuinely think he has?

Nailed it...

Like I said signing both Thuney and Zeitler then drafting Sewell could make our offense explosive both in pass and ground game.. 

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

naw, Zeitler is still playing at a very high level.

He's almost certainly an upgrade over what we have, just a question of price.  I don't want us to pass up a better option just because Zeitler is the easiest choice.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He's almost certainly an upgrade over what we have, just a question of price.  I don't want us to pass up a better option just because Zeitler is the easiest choice.

I dont see better RG options than Zeitler..

Of course we dont over pay him but 8.5 over 4yrs may tempt him..

Archived