Bengals Free Agency Thread.

18 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Is Zeitler as good as Warford? Warford was a cap casualty with the Saints last year then sat out for covid reasons. But he's gone to the pro bowl the last 3 years he's played. 

Id say Zeitler has the advantage since 2017 over Warford..

You mentioned Gabe Jackson..

One of my favorite guards until last couple years..

No problem with any of them but to me Zeitler stands out as the best..

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Why does Zeitler have the advantage? He was the best player on bad lines for the Giants. Meanwhile Warford was studly on a good line for the Saints.

Ok go with Warford..

Isnt he coming back from season ending injury?

You also answered most of your question by saying  Warford had excellent linemen to work with and he did..

Zeitler has played with  bad to mediocre olinemen in NY....

No tandem support whatsoever..

He held up as a effective guard all year long...

Hes solid..like .a ...

concrete wall...

Sign gim..

Bottom line, the Bengals have numerous  options at OG and OT on the free agent market. They have lots of cash and the ability to create another $20 million quite easily. There is NO excuse for them to not put together a viable offensive line before the draft even arrives. It’s time to get it done.

2 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Bottom line, the Bengals have numerous  options at OG and OT on the free agent market. They have lots of cash and the ability to create another $20 million quite easily. There is NO excuse for them to not put together a viable offensive line before the draft even arrives. It’s time to get it done.

How about this?  Bengals cut B.J. Finney and he goes back to the Stealers as a possible replacement for Pouncy at Center. Apparently we can't even scout the players on our own team.  What a pant load.

Stealers are preparing to bring back guard/center B.J. Finney to help with their depth and possibly as a replacement for retired Maurkice Pouncey, per source. Finney played with the Stealers from 2016-19 and started 13 games for them.

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

How about this?  Bengals cut B.J. Finney and he goes back to the Stealers as a possible replacement for Pouncy at Center. Apparently we can't even scout the players on our own team.  What a pant load.

Stealers are preparing to bring back guard/center B.J. Finney to help with their depth and possibly as a replacement for retired Maurkice Pouncey, per source. Finney played with the Stealers from 2016-19 and started 13 games for them.

So, just because the Squealers are thinking of Picking him up, that makes our folks Bad?  He didn’t fit with us, and I Like the idea of him replacing Pouncey and I bet Reader does as well!!

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Probably saw an opportunity to start and/or didn't think he had time to wait on our 10 year rebuild plan.

On 3/11/2021 at 9:28 AM, membengal said:

Since he left here he has seen 3 awful seasons in Cleveland and 2 awful seasons for the Giants (the Giants had two coaches in almost a literal fistfight during practice last year). When he was here, they were in the playoffs. What negative perspective do you genuinely think he has?

Maybe Zeitler and this guy are related. 

large.Schlep.jpg

Where I would like to see us go in Free Agency on Offense. 

QB: With Allen back I would like to see us not settle here and still grab another veteran at the league minimum. We will want to carry 4 into camp with the Burrow injury. I love the idea of Josh Dobbs whose arm strength, smarts and wheels strikes me as the perfect backup QB. Shurmur rounds out the 4. Finley has to go. 

QB Burrow 25 Allen 22 Dobbs

Shurmur

RB: Our top 2 backs are back and Williams is an interesting option. I'd like to see us re-sign Perine for a year, Draft a late round RB and add a UDFA. Our new RB coach has a senior that will be on the market. Nothing special but worth a camp invite, https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4039669/corey-taylor-ii

RB Mixon 25 Bernard 22 Perine 21 Williams 23 Patterson 6 Patrick Taylor UDFA

WR: I don't think it will be too hard to get a 3rd WR and add depth to the room. I would end up keeping 7 on the roster with Morgan as a ST stud. I'd draft 2 after round 4. I especially like Dwayne Eskridge who can play inside and out and Dazz Newsome who is more of a slot. As for Free Agents, my list is short: John Brown, Chris Conley, Phillip Dorsett, David Moore, Breshard Perriman, Kenny Stills and Josh Reynolds. Dorsett has a history with both Al Golden and Pitcher. Taylor coached Stills and Reynolds. Stills might be a great 4th-5th WR if we go just 1 Draft pick. I think it's a mistake to draft a WR in an early round or sign someone like Samuel at a high clip. Resources are better used elsewhere. 

WR Higgins 24 Eskridge 4 Morgan 21 UDFA
WR Brown Tate 22 Irwin UDFA
WR Boyd 24 Newsome 5 Washington  

TE: At this point we really just need a 3rd guy. With Uzomah coming up on free agency soon it probably makes sense to draft a guy later to try to replace him. I am not sure who that guy is though. TE takes awhile to develop so getting a guy now for later makes sense. I like BCs Hunter Long as an option

TE Uzomah 22 Sample 23 Long 7 Carter 21 Schrek 21 Wilcox

OL: I think we role the dice at C with Hopkins/Price. At tackle I think we cross our fingers for Sewell, and hold on to Hart until we draft him as a safety net. At G I would like to see some good investment. All in at LG for Thuney. There aren't many LGs on the market and he would be a decent long term piece for us. At RG there are a load of options: Warford, Zeitler, Gabe Jackson, Brian Winters (Coached by Pollack at NYJ), Denzelle Good (Coached by Callahan and Pitcher). Tom Compton is an interesting depth guy. He was good for the Niners last year and coached by Pollack at NYJ in 2019. 

LT Williams 24 Adeniji 24 UDFA
LG Thuney Jordan 23 Sutherland 21
C Hopkins 23 Price 22 Redmond 21
RG Warford Su'a-Filo 23 UDFA
RT Sewell 1 Johnson 22 Prince 24

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Take Cam Newton off the list, he's resigned a 1 year 13 million dollar deal to stay with the Patriots

Only 3.5 million is guaranteed. $100,000 per game that he plays. 8 million in incentives for making the playoffs, Pro Bowl, All Pro, MVP or Super Bowl MVP.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Newton is getting paid backup money. Pats will have a different plan for their starter.

Don't know wat their cap is but if he can rebound to his former self wat a saving..

And yeah they may have a backup plan as well...

On 3/10/2021 at 6:18 PM, claptonrocks said:

I read this on twitter..

Go all in on improving the Oline like the Browns did..

Sign LG Thuney.

Sign RG Zeitler..

Draft Sewell...

Start Sewell at RT..

Oline of Williams..Thuney..Hopkins..Zeitler and Sewell..

JB is now protected by a 

Damn good Oline..

Why do we keep pretending like Williams is some lynchpin HoF candidate when he's already missed twice as many games as he's played due to injury, and looked solidly average at best when he does play?  I know the Bengals FO are doing their usual stubborn delusional thing but that doesn't mean we have to echo it for them.

OLT is still a huge question mark at this point & pretending otherwise is almost certain to bite them in the ass.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Why do we keep pretending like Williams is some lynchpin HoF candidate when he's already missed twice as many games as he's played due to injury, and looked solidly average at best when he does play?  I know the Bengals FO are doing their usual stubborn delusional thing but that doesn't mean we have to echo it for them.

OLT is still a huge question mark at this point & pretending otherwise is almost certain to bite them in the ass.

He played reasonably well as a first time starter..

I look for him to improve even more..

Your right about his injury status..

I can only hope he has an injury free year..

If they draft Sewell then take your pick on which plays RT or LT...

Its all for naught if they dont improve

the interior.. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Why does anything else matter to you other than that? Should have just started and ended there. 

Fair point.

Anyone think there are better LT options availabe as free agents?  If so, why not sign them?  This isn't the NCAA or a Summer Skills Camp, 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Will they even look for a LT in FA? 

Serious doubts.

They said Jonah was the LT, I take them at their word. 

I mentioned if they draft Sewell they could start the young man at RT to ease the pressure of covering the blindside

Archived