Bengals Free Agency Thread.

7 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Heard Perine signed a 2 year deal to stay with Bengals

Solid signing. He along with Williams makes Bernard expendable, if needed. Don't freak out Gio lovers, I too like the guy. He's  last on my "you could cut this guy to get space" list. He's a hell of a blocker, receiver and a high character guy. He's just over priced and if you need another $4 million to get someone for the offensive line (I know) and/or extend Bates, this may need to happen.

7 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Solid signing. He along with Williams makes Bernard expendable, if needed. Don't freak out Gio lovers, I too like the guy. He's  last on my "you could cut this guy to get space" list. He's a hell of a blocker, receiver and a high character guy. He's just over priced and if you need another $4 million to get someone for the offensive line (I know) and/or extend Bates, this may need to happen.

Agree...Treyveon  Williams is not only a good runner but he can block and catch 

as well.

Its his time now...pass the torch..

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I might even believe that as well. Scary shit. But we do need the coaches to improve as well

I mean I'm not holding my breath or anything, I'm just hoping to be surprised for once. 

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'm gonna tell y'all right now, if they pull off Reiff and Galladay I will be thoroughly impressed and MIGHT even believe a corner is being turned.

Just sayin. 

Ugh, now you've gotten my hopes up lol. I should know better with the Bengals by now.

In the last 2 years we have added 7 new starters on defense through free agency

LE Hubbard 22 Kareem 24 Bledsoe 22  
LT Reader 24 Tupou 22 Wren 23 McKenzie
RT Ogunjobi 22 Atkins 23 Akinmoladun  
RE Hendrickson 25      
SLB Davis-Gaither 24 Jones    
MLB Wilson 24 Bailey 24    
WLB Pratt 23      
S Bell 23 Henderson    
S Bates 22 Wilson 23    
CB Waynes 23 Phillips 22 McTyer  
CB Awuzie 24 Brown 22 Rose  
CB Hilton 25 Davis 22 Lewis  

On 3/16/2021 at 10:56 PM, SF2 said:

Washington is a better team than Cincy and the WFT gets WAY more press than the Siberian Bengals.  He is going to play for a top 5 defense and Ron Rivera.  I would say that is greener pastures. 

If Burrow doesn't get his knee torn up, we win that WFT game last yr. You disagree?

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

doesnt fit their schemes upfront..

"Oh shit this guy can block people, we need someone that doesn't even try and then falls on Joe's legs for no reason!"

Rieff would give me some glimmer of hope, don't really care about Golladay or any of the defensive FA's so far for that matter.  Pretty much sound like side-grades as I said before -  the same thing, only cheaper. With Hobson doing his usual poormouthing bullshit routine I've little help of them reinvesting that money in the team.

If they replace Shart and bring in a little more OL help before the draft I might convince myself they could go somewhere.

Oh and a linebacker would be good, I hear other teams have those & it works out pretty well.  Or maybe Anyrando is going to a dime defense with all the DB's they're bringing in..  It may be a bad scheme but at ;east it's a plan beyond pissing off all our vets and tackling ball carriers like they're made out of cactus and leprosy.

Archived