Bengals Free Agency Thread.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Needed to happen.  Think most of the Marvin guys were just beat down.  It gives Taylor fewer excuses if they suck again this year.  Arrow will point straight at him.  I like that. 

Priorities are a funny thing, aren't they?

The Bears reportedly offered receiver Kenny Golladay a contract in the range of $11 million to $12 million per year. That wasn’t nearly enough to get a deal done.

Per a league source, Golladay is looking for a contract with a value in the range of $18.5 million per year.

That’s well below the top of the market, but no one is getting top of the market money this year, not with the cap decline. Bucs linebacker Shaq Barrett, the top pass rusher in the 2021 class, accepted a base rate of $17 million per year; Chargers linebacker Joey Bosa is still the highest-paid pass rusher, at $27 million annually.

We’ll see whether Golladay gets $18.5 million per year or close to it. Ultimately, his best play could be to sign a one-year deal and get back to the market in 2022.

I'll be surprised if the Bengals.don't address at least one (maybe two) of OG / TE / WR / S in FA ahead of the draft..  Maybe on more pretty sizeable signing and then one or two salary cap driven one-year bargain deals.  Bringing back Eifert (if he's still out there could be a possibility.

32 minutes ago, membengal said:

Here it is! Look at this ish! Means one of our 7ths is now basically a 6th! What in the fuck were the Texans thinking?

Looking at the overall board I think this means we traded up from the 231st pick in the 7th to 200 in the 6th?  We didn't get any comp picks and we own one of the Seahawks' 7th rounders, but I've never seen it confirmed anywhere which one of those Seahawk picks we got (theirs or the Lions', which they own), but neither of those matches up "30 spots" with a Texans pick that I can see.

Archived